What's new

'Huge Afghanistan attack foiled'

Taliban will never rule Afghanistan. But even if they do, will they forget that Pakistan army backstabbed them in 2001 for sucking up to the Americans??? Will they forget how Pakistan allowed American drones for their slaughter and their Pushtoon brethren slaughter??? And do you think Iran/Russia (US rivals) would settle for Taliban as an alternative. Not to say China and India.
And why do we need a miracle anyway? Whether or not there'll be an economic miracle is for another thread. The fact though is that US leaving Afghanistan will help us a lot.

I actually said 60% control, not 60% presence.

Nah, it's actually very straightforward. I already explained it, so I will not explain it again.

And why do we need a miracle anyway? Whether or not there'll be an economic miracle is for another thread. The fact though is that US leaving Afghanistan will help us a lot.

I actually said 60% control, not 60% presence.

Nah, it's actually very straightforward. I already explained it, so I will not explain it again.

how do you know they control 60%. Insurgents don't do bomb blast in their own controlled area but do it when they have presence.

The fact of the matter is, the ANA is about to have a huge funding problem, & the troop size being at 230K is a concern as well.

Germany Concerned About Afghan Troop Numbers

Afghan Officials Request US to Remain Beyond 2014

Preventing two attacks does not show the strength of the ANP. The more concerning thing is that militants can unrepentantly strike at will in the most "secured" parts of Afghanistan, in the heart of Kabul. Imagine what they can do in the rest of the country. Just because the Taliban "lie low" in other parts of the country does not mean they are not there, & the facts on the ground support that notion.

Sure. If that makes you feel better. You still know that Kabul will be overtaken by Taliban in 2014 deep down. The western media are putting on a propaganda show to tell everyone that US will succeed in Afghanistan. Everyone on the ground knows, though, that US is trying to save its face and GTFO Afghanistan.

But wasnt it 80% that was talked about 2 years back.. So 60% now is surely a good improvement.

Preventing two attacks does not show the strength of the ANF. The more concerning thing is that militants can unrepentantly strike at will in the most "secured" parts of Afghanistan, in the heart of Kabul. Imagine what they can do in the rest of the country. Just because the Taliban "lie low" in other parts of the country does not mean they are not there, & the facts on the ground support that notion.

Not a valid argument.. Same can be said about Pakistan, where militants have attacked Army HQ and Navy bases with impunity...

The fact of the matter is, the ANA is about to have a huge funding problem, & the troop size being at 230K is a concern as well.

Germany Concerned About Afghan Troop Numbers

Afghan Officials Request US to Remain Beyond 2014

Preventing two attacks does not show the strength of the ANF. The more concerning thing is that militants can unrepentantly strike at will in the most "secured" parts of Afghanistan, in the heart of Kabul.

The fact remains is that when US and their NATO allies can spend hundred billions dollar in Afghanistan per year, do you really think funding $4 billion a year for ANA is that much difficult. And Americans and NATO allies don't want something like 9/11 once again, so it is unlikely that they will West will ignore Afghanistan so easily.

The fact remains is that when US and their NATO allies can spend hundred billions dollar in Afghanistan per year, do you really think funding $4 billion a year for ANA is that much difficult.

Yes it is, the US economy is in dire straits, & they cannot afford to bear the rising expenditures of the ANA/ANP:

NATO chief urges allies to fund Afghan forces - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Not a valid argument.. Same can be said about Pakistan, where militants have attacked Army HQ and Navy bases with impunity...

That was quite some time ago, not like Afghanistan where these things are weekly occurrences.

All of your comment shows that you have no answers but hopes.

Yes it is, the US economy is in dire straits, & they cannot afford to bear the rising expenditures of the ANA/ANP:

NATO chief urges allies to fund Afghan forces - Xinhua | English.news.cn

Funding $4 billion dollar is not a big issue for 14 trillion economy of United States and $16 Trillion economy of EU.

Taliban will never rule Afghanistan. But even if they do, will they forget that Pakistan army backstabbed them in 2001 for sucking up to the Americans??? Will they forget how Pakistan allowed American drones for their slaughter and their Pushtoon brethren slaughter??? And do you think Iran/Russia (US rivals) would settle for Taliban as an alternative. Not to say China and India.

We don't any support from Taliban.

But wasnt it 80% that was talked about 2 years back.. So 60% now is surely a good improvement.

US presence is actually going down now.. troops are leaving, not coming back. Same with other countries. So this number will just go up.

how do you know they control 60%. Insurgents don't do bomb blast in their own controlled area but do it when they have presence.

Yes, and that's why they on'y do bomb blasts in certain areas. Btw, the figure is all over the internet.

All of your comment shows that you have no answers but hopes.

I already answered all your questions. And it seems you actually have hopes and not answers.

The fact remains is that when US and their NATO allies can spend hundred billions dollar in Afghanistan per year, do you really think funding $4 billion a year for ANA is that much difficult. And Americans and NATO allies don't want something like 9/11 once again, so it is unlikely that they will West will ignore Afghanistan so easily.

Won't matter for sh!t.. Taliban will still take over easily.

That was quite some time ago, not like Afghanistan where these things are weekly occurrences.

I think there are more terrorist attacks in Pakistan than in Afghanistan in any given month. And you do realize that the 2 attacks you are talking of in Afghanistan were both failures where as the ones mentioned by me in Pakistan were resounding successes (from a terrorist pov).

Dude, can you send me that link?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/afghanistan-defence/174641-australian-tv-afghan-war-total-loss.html

The bottom line is that there is a crisis of confidence in NATO's mission. People are not sure what exactly they are dying for over there. AQ has been routed out long ago, so what has ten years accomplished?

The assessment is that, without NATO help, the Afghan forces will not be able to hold the Pakhtun areas of Afghanistan.

Funding $4 billion dollar is not a big issue for 14 trillion economy of United States and $16 Trillion economy of EU.

The Australian TV program above sheds the light on Western aid money. While there is no denying that there have been good accomplishments due to the aid, the fact is that the vast majority of Western aid money gets eaten up by Western companies, Western consultants (who don't actually do anything), and corrupt Afghan officials. Only a tiny percentage trickles down to the actual people.

I think there are more terrorist attacks in Pakistan than in Afghanistan in any given month. And you do realize that the 2 attacks you are talking of in Afghanistan were both failures where as the ones mentioned by me in Pakistan were resounding successes (from a terrorist pov).

The difference is terrorist can only carry out attack in FATA in Pakistan.. in Afghanistan they normally carry it out in their big cities. That really tells you all you need to know. And as far as terrorist attacks you mentioned are concerned, you have a small sample.

The difference is terrorist can only carry out attack in FATA in Pakistan.. in Afghanistan they normally carry it out in their big cities. That really tells you all you need to know. And as far as terrorist attacks you mentioned are concerned, you have a small sample.

Tell me the last 5 successful attacks in Kabul ? and compare their timeline to attacks on GHQ, Mehran and Lahore blasts or killings in Quetta

The difference is that the US/NATO Forces see no choice but to negotiate with the Taliban in a power sharing deal in Afghanistan post 2014, whereas in Pakistan, there is no such thing. The TTP has only gotten weaker with time, whereas the Taliban have gotten stronger with time in Afghanistan.

3 pakistani citizens arrested,truck coming from pakistan(as per al jazeera)....Indication of involvement of paikstan based groups..??

At what temperature do potatoes turn to tomato ketchup..bro?

Yes .... Whats new.... Terrorist operate on both side of the border.... Whats your point?

ANSF today controls 50% of Afghanistan and Afghans are very optimistic by their abilities in countering terrorist activities, most of opium farming is by warlords and warlords have support from NATO and government it is a fair blame against Taliban! as NATO leave and new government forms (2014 election) these scums will have no place to live in Afghanistan.

Taliban are currently negotiating and they know there is no chance of victory by force, political compromise is good and fruitful for everyone. There are only 2 major factions fighting against US and Afghan government 'Taliban' and 'Hezb Islami' and fortunately Hezb Islami's peace negotiators came last week to Kabul and met Karzai and every other political personalities and previously they had given their strategy of peace and Afghan government is working with them closely. Hezb Islam is running by Gul Buddin Hekmatyar and in the current government they have 35% seat is parliament, 3 ministries, 8 foreign offices and a lot of governors and deputy governors along with many military and police commanders so in case if Allah wills this group comes to accept peace the already damaged momentum of Taliban will collapse and than the Afghan government could call Taliban as the true enemies of Afghans and Afghanistan and to date Afghan government has called Taliban 'brothers' not enemies!

Just like any other S.A nation you are going to get very disappointed in 2014 (i hope i am wrong) ..... Because believe it or not one of these warlord will be your next President. Its the story of almost every S.A nation. Thugs, warlord, feudal lords winning the elections.

Tell me the last 5 successful attacks in Kabul ? and compare their timeline to attacks on GHQ, Mehran and Lahore blasts or killings in Quetta

Killings in Quetta are due to different reasons, not TTP or anything.

And Lahore blasts???

Back
Top Bottom