What's new

"Huashan" vs. "Taihang (WS10A)" engines

conworldus

Reaction score
Which one you guys think will be the better engine for our 5th gen fighters?

I personally give the prop to Huashan, because it is a Chengdu project. I have a lot of misgiving of Shenyang because of their failed J-8 project and their lack of innovation despite a lot of support from the Chinese government. Chengdu on the other hand did almost everything by itself. It single handed revived the Super 7 project and made an excellent fighter FC-1/JF-17. The Chinese military gave ZERO support for that project. Also, the Chinese military for a long time ignore the J-10 project, but Chengdu made it a great fighter and forced the Chinese airfroce to reconsider. Also, Chengdu factory seems a lot more modern and organized than Shenyang.

The data of Huashang is unknown right now, but I am pretty confident that it will power J-10 and future 5th gen fighter from Chengdu. It is good to see the competition though.

I find it hard to believe that the PRC has released any public information to help you make an educated guess.

Have they even released the capabilities of WS10A yet.

Everything about the J-XX is classified. At least India Russia Acknowledge the existence of out 5th gen programs.

China has yet to even openly state existence of the highly secretive program.

The first glimpse of the plane to the outside world will be for the PAF. Suggest you wait till then.

It is pretty well known that Chengdu and Shenyang are developing their own 5th gen fighters. There was one sighting of "F-22" invasion a year back, but I think it might be a test flight of the 5th gen prototype.

Meanwhile "Xifei (Western Aviation Company)" is developing a stealth version of JH-7.

Btw, what does this have to do with India and Russia?

It is pretty well known that Chengdu and Shenyang are developing their own 5th gen fighters. There was one sighting of "F-22" invasion a year back, but I think it might be a test flight of the 5th gen prototype.

Meanwhile "Xifei (Western Aviation Company)" is developing a stealth version of JH-7.

You mean China is devaloping three 5th generation fighters?? :eek:

You mean China is devaloping three 5th generation fighters?? :eek:

Duh, yeah... coz there are three companies. JH-7 is not a fighter though. It is more of a maritime fighter/bomber. The "Flying Leopard 3" (JH-7) will have stealth features, but I doubt it will have supersonic cruising capability so I won't count it as 5th gen. JF-17's stealth version is also underway, but it is mostly for Pakistan and other export markets.

Also the L-15 and K-8 are being improved to be good trainer for 5th gen pilots.

I really hope the Huashang engine is better so that the fiasco in 2008 with WS-10A will not happen again. Chengdu is known for its professionalism, though, so I have confidence.

Which one you guys think will be the better engine for our 5th gen fighters?

I personally give the prop to Huashan, because it is a Chengdu project. I have a lot of misgiving of Shenyang because of their failed J-8 project and their lack of innovation despite a lot of support from the Chinese government. Chengdu on the other hand did almost everything by itself. It single handed revived the Super 7 project and made an excellent fighter FC-1/JF-17. The Chinese military gave ZERO support for that project. Also, the Chinese military for a long time ignore the J-10 project, but Chengdu made it a great fighter and forced the Chinese airfroce to reconsider. Also, Chengdu factory seems a lot more modern and organized than Shenyang.

The data of Huashang is unknown right now, but I am pretty confident that it will power J-10 and future 5th gen fighter from Chengdu. It is good to see the competition though.
Do you know about J-11B which is produced in Shenyang? Why do you say J-8 is a failure project?
Shenyang Aircraft Industry and Chengdu Aircraft Industry are both excellent companies.

:china:

Duh, yeah... coz there are three companies. JH-7 is not a fighter though. It is more of a maritime fighter/bomber. The "Flying Leopard 3" (JH-7) will have stealth features, but I doubt it will have supersonic cruising capability so I won't count it as 5th gen. JF-17's stealth version is also underway, but it is mostly for Pakistan and other export markets.

I really hope the Huashang engine is better so that the fiasco in 2008 with WS-10A will not happen again. Chengdu is known for its professionalism, though, so I have confidence.

You are just mixing all the wild rumors on the net into one grand speculation.

Lets get the fact's about the J-XX program.

we know it exists, although PRC has no comment

No technology China has now will be enough for A 5th gen Fighter, it has to be developed, And that is what China is in the process of doing.

Now china has made progress in reducing the RCS of the J-11B meaning that Progress is being made on the 5th gen technology.

That's all we really know about it,

Everything else is just speculation.

I dont know how you can discuss anything but rumors.

We all know the secrecy surrounding the J-10.
and all the wild rumors that flew around about it.

You will find nothing substantial on the J-XX till the plane is inducted and Pictures begin to leak

Aeroengine Research is very difficult. Both US and Russia met some serious problems before. You should not blame Shenyang institution since WS10A is the first advanced aeroengine developed by China.

I'm not sure if there is any JF-17 stealth project underway but of-course i would wish to see structural changes to JF-17 beyond 2015 similar between F-16 block 52/block60 as JF-17 block III and that could become a reality from a light weight to a medium weight fighter..

Jf-17 would not make a good stealth. The way things are going, the real fifth generation plane Pakistan would get is F-35 and that is way down the road.

no Pakistan will not get any JSF we've seen F-16 embargo we'll develop JF-17 into a mature platform and than when the Chinese 5th generation program is pubic and complete we might ask for it or if that isn't available the last would be rafale..

j8 queshi bushi shenme haoniao. Jixu feizhe yeshi yinwei meiyou bie de banfa.
How could the world save you Shenfei?

Last edited:
j8 queshi bushi shenme haoniao. Jixu feizhe yeshi yinwei meiyou bie de banfa.
How could the world save you Shenfei?

My Shenfei? Isn't Shenfei a Chinese company?
Many experts and workers are working day and night in Shenfei for a mighty China air force now.
Chinese brothers please don't laugh at Shenfei, especially in a foreign forum.
I don't want to continue such quarrel. It makes me very shameful.

中国人喜欢内斗就去国内论坛内斗吧,外国人看了都笑话。

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom