What's new

HSTDV to fly soon

Mauryan

BANNED
Reaction score
Donno where to put this info,hence created a new thread.If unnecessary move it to related thread.

Just got the information from a buddy who is one of those sweating to make this HSTDV a reality.

After sucessfull ground testing of over 120 secs at various hypersonic speeds with various combustors designs HSTDV is all set for a real flight later this year.Integration was well underway a top Agni first stage.

With unveiling of new materials that can withstand extreme temps,new combustors and necessary airframes will be followed up as later gen variants to achieve both takeoff and landing capability.This means the craft will be single stage and capable of through flight guidance and propulsion with no additional boosters sought.

If all goes according to the plan,India will be flying a full-scale model with take-off/landing before 2015.

On a side note: In a recent disclosure, a breakthrough in dualmode ramjet will be achieved in another year after looking at the pace of developments and test results.

Afterall, A low cost access to space is highly possible along side a low cost intercontinental bombers.

moruko ganchu kasiko lakadiyo rajan sukinobavanthu :cheers:

I was about to ask what the heck is this but then thought lets ask google master... this is what i found(not sure if already posted somewhere but then too cool to be posted twice)

Last edited by a moderator:
Donno where to put this info,hence created a new thread.If unnecessary move it to related thread.

Just got the information from a buddy who is one of those sweating to make this HSTDV a reality.

After sucessfull ground testing of over 120 secs at various hypersonic speeds with various combustors designs HSTDV is all set for a real flight later this year.Integration was well underway a top Agni first stage.

With unveiling of new materials that can withstand extreme temps,new combustors and necessary airframes will be followed up as later gen variants to achieve both takeoff and landing capability.This means the craft will be single stage and capable of through flight guidance and propulsion with no additional boosters sought.

If all goes according to the plan,India will be flying a full-scale model with take-off/landing before 2015.

On a side note: In a recent disclosure, a breakthrough in dualmode ramjet will be achieved in another year after looking at the pace of developments and test results.

Afterall, A low cost access to space is highly possible along side a low cost intercontinental bombers.

moruko ganchu kasiko lakadiyo rajan sukinobavanthu :cheers:

good news mate. are they using agni first stage or rohini rocket? i heard it will be rohini and they demo was also rohini. but not sure, can you put something?

^^^^ hahahaha excellent use of witty humor...

good news mate. are they using agni first stage or rohini rocket? i heard it will be rohini and they demo was also rohini. but not sure, can you put something?

AFAIK, Agni 1st stage is supposed to go with it.

Remember,both ISRO and DRDO programs are different w.r.t scramjet technology.
but both these organisations are sharing expertise related to DMRJ.
Ever wonder why India never shoed interest in strategic bombers? ;) Could be ,because of a long legged hypersonic intercontinental bomber? :P

But I saw a wind tunnel model that was supossed to take-off and land.Trust me,its damn kool.... Dont have time to re-draw those CAD models.

Back
Top Bottom