What's new

HOW TRUMP UNLEASHED MEDITERRANEAN ARSENAL ON ASSAD

Clearly the destroyed vehicle is an 8x8 truck, with 4 hydraulical stabilizers with round 'feet', and a cab of a design just like that the vehicle that is carrying the Pantsir system container found in use with the Syrian military. See below:

syrian_pantsir_725.jpg

CP8BiD9U8AAe7Xf.jpg

Clearly in aircraft shelter setting

CxVeJiKXUAAh1yj.jpg

https://southfront.org/syrian-milit...systems-to-kuweires-airbase-near-aleppo-city/

Note Syrian (not Iraqi) flags
4.JPG

(Russian) Pantsir system at Latakia air base
CQdrUnJUAAAd_6v.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Nevertheless, Syria is not the only Pantsir user in the Region.

Iraq Receives Last Batch of Pantsir-S1 Combat Vehicles
Iraq-Receives-Last-Batch-of-Pantsir-S1-Combat-Vehicles.jpg

http://www.defaiya.com/news/Regional News/Iraq/2016/02/15/iraq-receives-last-batch-of-pantsir-s1-combat-vehicles

See also:

Surface-to-air missile weapon system Pantsir-S1 and Igla-S MANPADS system with 1PN97M Mowgli-2M thermal imager, used by Iraq's armed forces.
1052462230.jpg

https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201704091052462296-russian-syria-air-defense-upgrade/

Those of UAE are mounted on a different truck, the MAN-SX45
nga-moi-moc-uae-nang-cap-to-hop-phong-khong-pantsir-s1-hinh-2.jpg

Pantsir-S1 air-defence missile system of United Arab Emirates Army arrive to Yemen
CNo3PR5UsAAwTPx.jpg

http://defence-blog.com/news/pantsir-s1-air-defence-missile-system-of-uae-arrive-to-yemen.html

Jordan, Oman and Iran also have or ordered Pantsir S1.

So, question is, when/where/by whom was the pic of the destroyed vehicle taken? Original source would proof valuable information.
Yup, the vehicle do looks exactly the same and that is why the picture was circulating on the internet.

As for original source, i have not seen this picture being attributed to ANYOTHER incident but the missile strikes in Syria. Have you checked the twitter link i shared? It says something (do not know what because of language). May be that gives us some hint?

It's hard to rectify that the Pantsir has its frontal stabilizer between the second and third wheels while the picture of a destroyed 8x8 has its between the first and second.

That setup is more akin to the 8x8 used by the A-110 missile.
Fateh-A-110_variant_M-600_syria_syrian_armed_forces_Short_range_ground_launched_solid_propellant_single_warhead_ballistic_missile_03.jpg

The cabin is of similar design, but the placement of the frontal stabilizer is not.
35340846.jpg

d0b0d180d0bcd0b8d18f-417.jpg

The vehicles look exactly the same... except for this notable difference.

I don't believe that picture depicts a destroyed Pantsir air defense system.

It's entirely possible they did detect the Tomahawk swarm, the US reportedly gave the Russians one-hours advanced notice, more then enough time to boot up a radar system or point it in the right direction, but why didn't they respond?

Politics probably. Russia's S-300/400 system is there to protect its bases in Syria, not the Syrians. Interdicting American military equipment would be politically risky and likely wouldn't stop the Americans from striking Syria (they'd just find another route).

I don't buy the "S-400 failed to shoot down any Tomahawks" bunk.
EXCLLENT CATCH SIR!!
:)

@Penguin how was this missed by all of us? :lol:
The Pantsir vehicle have the front stabilizer behind the first two wheels while the destroyed vehicle in the picture we were discussing have the stabilizer between the first and second wheels.

Thank you @Kitten

P.S. WoW, Quoting a @Penguin and a @Kitten in one single post and i already feel as if i am in a Zo.......:angel::angel:

EXCLLENT CATCH SIR!!
:)

The Pantsir vehicle have the front stabilizer behind the first two wheels while the destroyed vehicle in the picture we were discussing have the stabilizer between the first and second wheels.

Thank you @Kitten

P.S. WoW, Quoting a @Penguin and a @Kitten in one single post and i already feel as if i am in a Zo.......:angel::angel:
If there were S400 placed there and still if Tomahawks have managed to hit all the targets than it's big worry for India also us that Air Defence systems are pretty much useless against good cruise missiles

If there were S400 placed there and still if Tomahawks have managed to hit all the targets than it's big worry for India also us that Air Defence systems are pretty much useless against good cruise missiles
Barak 8 isn't the S-400 you know

That makes me wonder how modern Carrier battle groups would fare if they come under latest anti shipping missile attack.

Pretty well considering we have AWACS aircraft launch from distance to give early warning if cruise missiles or anti ship missiles are coming. Not to mention F-35 sensors that also helps as well in detecting such weapons. Wouldn't surprise me they are developing uavs with sensors or blimps to see far.

Barak 8 isn't the S-400 you know
barak 8 is nothing out of this world nor it is made by angels its a good modern MR sam and that's about the size of it

Pretty well considering we have AWACS aircraft launch from distance to give early warning if cruise missiles or anti ship missiles are coming. Not to mention F-35 sensors that also helps as well in detecting such weapons. Wouldn't surprise me they are developing uavs with sensors or blimps to see far.
against saturation attack of a salvo of such missiles i doubt it

barak 8 is nothing out of this world nor it is made by angels its a good modern MR sam and that's about the size of it

against saturation attack of a salvo of such missiles i doubt it

Really? You think the U.S. Navy is new to this? They don't send a carrier alone. They have cruisers and destroyers surrounding it. With enough missiles to deal such situation.

It's hard to rectify that the Pantsir has its frontal stabilizer between the second and third wheels while the picture of a destroyed 8x8 has its between the first and second.

That setup is more akin to the 8x8 used by the A-110 missile.

Interesting, but ... not quite convinced yet. Please some info on the vehicle.

Most Fateh A-110 that I'm aware of are on 3 axle vehicles. e.g. Mercedes 3340 6x4
truck-chassis-truckMERCEDES-BENZ-Actros-3340-6x4-Rdst-4-50m-Full-Spring-33413343334826382644---2_big--16091612001108545400.jpg

Cax29z2W8AAvNZC.jpg

http://spioenkop.blogspot.nl/2014/12/why-israel-is-bombing-syria-and-is.html

Could be Mercedes 4140 chassis. It's been used to mount e.g. heavy artillery
mercedes-benz-actros-4140-k,6f1df785-5.jpg

Specifically, I'ld like to see a frontal aspect picture of this truck.
Fateh-A-110_variant_M-600_syria_syrian_armed_forces_Short_range_ground_launched_solid_propellant_single_warhead_ballistic_missile_03.jpg

This being Zelzal-2 on 4140 chassis
zel.png

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/arms-in-syria.289204/#post-4986558

Location of fuel tank and steps also seems to match.
S0vLJ.jpg

4140K cab not a great match
4-me3185lv-xl.jpg

4140 Old style cab: better match
mercedes_benz__4140_actros_4140_8x6_1998_2_lgw.jpg

4.JPG

Last edited:
Really? You think the U.S. Navy is new to this? They don't send a carrier alone. They have cruisers and destroyers surrounding it. With enough missiles to deal such situation.
there will always be danger of one or more sneaking in if the missiles are fired in good numbers and the salvo is well timed

there will always be danger of one or more sneaking in if the missiles are fired in good numbers and the salvo is well timed

They have the vertical launch system to be able launch missiles faster against a salvo fire. And if one or more sneaked in you have last line of defense like decoys and ciwis. Not to mention armor and hundreds of compartments to reduce damage.

It is not immediately evident, but I'll entertain the possibility. Again, where/where would this pic have been taken?
I'm still not entirely convinced by the cab front: the destroyed vehicle seems to have two holes above the fender, besides a grill, that are not evident in the Mercedes cab.

The airfield remains operational is the biggest evidence...........
http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/09/syrian-governor-confirms-air-base-operating-again.html
Of course it does! The Russians also operate there and they weren't targeted/hit.

They have the vertical launch system to be able launch missiles faster against a salvo fire. And if one or more sneaked in you have last line of defense like decoys and ciwis. Not to mention armor and hundreds of compartments to reduce damage.
If you time one or more pair of cruisemissiles to simultaneously arrive at a target launcher from 180 degree opposite direction, not even Tor can get both.

Thread was meant to be "How USA attacked Assad", but trolls made it a Pakistan attacking India.
Where are the MODS?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom