What's new

How to stop it? : Drone strike kills 2 in S Waziristan

F-16_Falcon

Reaction score
why our f-16 and Anza are not shooting down these drones? how america can come inside pakistan and kill innocent pakistanis?

Our bigmouth leaders talking for war against america and shouting if they attack us we will do this we will do that but drone attacks killed thousands in Pakistan in last 5 years. what they are thinking about it? What they have done to stop america intruding to our airspace and killing innocent Pakistanis? :angry:

WANA: A US drone strike on a compound near South Waziristan town of Azam Warsak killed at least two people.

According to Express 24/7 correspondent, Iftikhar Firdous, a drone fired two missiles at a compound in Azam Warsak, near the South Waziristan town of Wana which killed at least two people.

He said that while it was not immediately clear how many people had been injured the death of two people had been confirmed by locals however more casualties were feared.

Firdous said that locals had reported sighting drones flying in the area for the past few days, though it was not till today (Tuesday) that it struck.

This is the first drone strike in South Wazirstan since early August, after the Pakistan army completed an operation to drive militants from the tribal area that borders Afghanistan.

Technically, it is a relatively simple matter to shoot down drones.

Politically, however, it is much more difficult and convoluted issue.

Technically, it is a relatively simple matter to shoot down drones.

Politically, however, it is much more difficult and convoluted issue.

If it is easy than why we are not ding it? now it is official that US is our enemy. Pakistan seeking international help to fight against US. in this time we should shoot down any US invasion to our airspace and killing Pakistanis. no political problem.

1-supply proxies with SAMs(If Pakistan really got any link with militant factions)
2-station portable SAMs in different places in FATA by undercover army personnel
3-tell Haqqanis to attack the bases inside Afghanistan where US forces operating drones from

no military confrontation and our job will also get done :D

^^ and i really doubt Pak army wud do dat and we are still getting bad name around the world...why not utilize this time and do what they think we are doing

why our f-16 and Anza are not shooting down these drones? how america can come inside pakistan and kill innocent pakistanis?

Our bigmouth leaders talking for war against america and shouting if they attack us we will do this we will do that but drone attacks killed thousands in Pakistan in last 5 years. what they are thinking about it? What they have done to stop america intruding to our airspace and killing innocent Pakistanis? :angry:

WANA: A US drone strike on a compound near South Waziristan town of Azam Warsak killed at least two people.

According to Express 24/7 correspondent, Iftikhar Firdous, a drone fired two missiles at a compound in Azam Warsak, near the South Waziristan town of Wana which killed at least two people.

He said that while it was not immediately clear how many people had been injured the death of two people had been confirmed by locals however more casualties were feared.

Firdous said that locals had reported sighting drones flying in the area for the past few days, though it was not till today (Tuesday) that it struck.

This is the first drone strike in South Wazirstan since early August, after the Pakistan army completed an operation to drive militants from the tribal area that borders Afghanistan.

Predator drones fly above 15000 feet and Reapers even above that. Anza does not have the range to engage them. F-16 are capable of doing it but since these drones are armed with side winders it would make it a risky business, since F-16's cost more and are hard to come by but drones are cheap and US can replace them easily. The best way to shoot them down is using a land based defense something like this:

Last edited by a moderator:
1-supply proxies with SAMs(If Pakistan really got any link with militant factions)
2-station portable SAMs in different places in FATA by undercover army personnel
3-tell Haqqanis to attack the bases inside Afghanistan where US forces operating drones from

no military confrontation and our job will also get done :D

^^ and i really doubt Pak army wud do dat and we are still getting bad name around the world...why not utilize this time and do what they think we are doing

Understand the geo-political repurcussions before you advice anyone about shooting drones...I am not sure why it is so hard for majority of the member's here to understand that if Pakistan could have she would have brought down the drones on her own way back..

Anyways I would say better shoot down drones on your own instead of providing portable SAMS to terrorists(which i am not sure what options u r proposing)...World is not stupid that they cannot join the dots to find out from where these portable sams are coming...and once the dots are joined you know what will come your way..right???

Predator drones fly above 15000 feet and Reapers even above that. Anza does not have the range to engage them. F-16 are capable of doing it but since these drones are armed with side winders it would make it a risky business, since F-16's cost more and are hard to come by but drones are cheap and US can replace them easily. The best way to shoot them down is using a land based defense something like this:

You could fire AMRAAMs at them. Just stay out of range of the Sidewinders and make sure the Predator doesn't drop below you to hide inside ground clutter.

Last edited by a moderator:
You could fire AMRAAMs at them. Just stay out of range of the Sidewinders and make sure the Predator doesn't drop below you to hide inside ground clutter.

Risk a 45 million aircraft firing 0.5 million missiles (average a couple per drone) to kill a 4 million dollar drone.. hmm.. not very economical I say...

Risk a 45 million aircraft firing 0.5 million missiles (average a couple per drone) to kill a 4 million dollar drone.. hmm.. not very economical I say...

What risk to the aircraft? As much risk as a training exercise.

0.5 million missile for a 4 million drone and many lives saved is very economical.

What risk to the aircraft? As much risk as a training exercise.

0.5 million missile for a 4 million drone and many lives saved is very economical.

Nopes it is not an economical decision because it is not the cheapest option available to get the job done, which is bringing down the drone.... Economical would be to use your ground defense i.e. SAM

Nopes it is not an economical decision because it is not the cheapest option available to get the job done, which is bringing down the drone.... Economical would be to use your ground defense i.e. SAM

AMRAAMs are cheaper than SAMs, and using F-16s gives you more flexibility to pursue and destroy the UAV if the first missile misses. It also helps the psychological perception when the media reports that the drones were shot down by Pakistani fighters rather than Pakistani air defenses.

[]

Actually i think you will find that on the few occasions they are armed with air to air they are armed with AIM-92 stingers not AIM-9 sidewinders. Same missile as the shoulder launched 5k range 8 if you go for block II but not sure if they arm the drones with those.

Considering weight restrictions its pretty safe to assume the drones in Pakistan dont carry any air to air missiles at the moment after all they are flying in friendly air space with the permission of your parliment and military.

Before asking, 'How to stop it?', you should ask, 'Do we want to stop it?'.

...and the answer is a big NO.

Not when Kayani himself is in favour of the drone strikes.

AMRAAMs are cheaper than SAMs, and using F-16s gives you more flexibility to pursue and destroy the UAV if the first missile misses. It also helps the psychological perception when the media reports that the drones were shot down by Pakistani fighters rather than Pakistani air defenses.

but as said...aren't you risking a plane worth 45+ million??? i did not get the psychological part...explain it further plz..

Back
Top Bottom