What's new

How to Remove Corruption from India

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi All,
In this thread I want to discuss about the ways (violent and non-violent) which can be used to eradicate Corruption from India. Here I have few ideas, please comment on these and also feel free to come up with your own suggestions.

Cops: If we could fix our police and fast track all the pending court cases, 95% of all the corruption will automatically vanish from our country.
1. Same as US cops, Keep more cops on the road rather than in the police station.
2. Same as US cops, put cameras in the cops car to keep eye on the cop as well as the culprits.
3. Cops should not be answerable to politicians.

UID: Allocation of UID will start from October 2010.
1. Implement Unique Identification Number (UID) in Public Distribution System (PDS)
2. Implemention of UID in all goverment subsidies projects to track every individual beficiary.
3. Impement UID to track valid voters.
4. Impement UID to track black money.
5. Impement UID to track the progress of a file by subsequent babus.

Laws:
1. Implement responsibility laws so that proper officer can be held responsible for any wrong doing. Every offcer should be responsible for their job and the officers below them. But they should not be directly punished for the mistakes their juniors have done.

Example:
a. Incase of a theft in a locality, why blame the SP or DIG of the police department because they are not (and cannot) guard all the area which they are responsible for, instead the cop guarding that areas should be blamed.
b. Incase of train accident, line man should be blamed not the station master or any senior officer (if they have done their work correctly and properly)

Media:
1. Every week or month, randomly pick a politician and show their bank balance and asset variation for the last 10 years. Particularly if thei party is in power.
2. Save the RTI whistleblower activists by filing their request for Information on their behalf and keeping their details encrypted.

I can give more and more such ideas. I don't know how many of them can really be implemented. But whats wrong in trying. I need help from all you people to remove this corruption bug from our country.

you can also follow me on twitter: abhayla

this section is not for india

Sorry but all of this sounds impracticable and I suspect you derived them as counters to specific cases of corruption you saw in the news papers. Policy and law making is a much more complicated process than we can fully appreciate.

To really answer this question we have to look in to ourselves. First of all let us ourselves stop bribing for everything. We try find easy ways for everything, rather than face the situation. Until this attitude stops corruption will never go, for it is the public which holds the key, not the babus or police or media or whoever.

Corruption is spread all over in India...

The only way to stop it,is not taking part in it and revolt against the corrupt.

You can say,that i am replicating the TATA tea advert...

This happened 4 months before...

I live in Delhi,Dengue was spreading vigrously at that time,a government inspector came to our house for inspecting the conditions,as he was a govt. official he was looking to make some money out,forcingly telling that our house was prone to mosquitos,though it was not even close to be so!,penalty for such a house is
8px-Indian_Rupee_symbol.svg.png
5000,but that guy asked us to bribe him off
200 and finish the case,instead my dad went for the legal way and decided not to bribe him but pay the penalty of 5000 and thus playing his part in decreasing corruption.

We all can take such small steps and tackle the big problem called corruption.

arrest the gandhis send them to kala pani, sieze all thier illegal wealth.
and we can have 25% money of all the budgets combined till date.

Guys i understand that not taking part in corruption can reduce it but this cannot stop the other person from asking for money. If you are doing your due deligence that does not mean that other Indians will follow you.
Aditya: Your father didn't gave him 200, rather he paid 5000 to government, but how many people will actually do this? This will also not stop that guy from going to some other place and asking for money.
Indian are not like that, you are agree or not. We need to forcibly implement some ways to reduce corruption.

Corruption is spread all over in India...

The only way to stop it,is not taking part in it and revolt against the corrupt.

You can say,that i am replicating the TATA tea advert...

This happened 4 months before...

I live in Delhi,Dengue was spreading vigrously at that time,a government inspector came to our house for inspecting the conditions,as he was a govt. official he was looking to make some money out,forcingly telling that our house was prone to mosquitos,though it was not even close to be so!,penalty for such a house is
5000,but that guy asked us to bribe him off
200 and finish the case,instead my dad went for the legal way and decided not to bribe him but pay the penalty of 5000 and thus playing his part in decreasing corruption.

We all can take such small steps and tackle the big problem called corruption.

No question your Daddy is a good guy.

But the discouraging fact may be that, out of the 5000, the government official may gleefully get 1000 instead of initial 200: you never know what behind the scene.

This thing is a culture, a tradition...

BTW, Dengue fever is very deadly!

A quote from one of our ministers
"'Our law says if you have a property which you cannot explain by your income, that is assumed to be corruption.
Supposing you have a $20 million bank account and you're earning about $10,000 a month, the assumption is you are corrupt until you prove that you had the means and the wherewithal to make that money. So that makes the prosecution of corrupt officials and corrupt people easier."

Hello everyone,
I have seen no comments in this thread for last few days. I request everyone to please come forward with your positive suggestions. Remember the dialogue from Rang De Basanti..."Duniya mein do type ke log hote hein, ek ..jaisa ho raha hai hone do ya phir jimmedari uthao use badalne ki" (there are two types of people in this world, one who leave the things as it is other who take the responsibility to change the things).

.. though some might not agree , the ans is

Smile.....

People should smile on seeing Son/Daughter/ Mother/ Wife of a Corrupt person..

Should smile to the officer who is corrupt..

when ever we meet them , any place any time we should smile ..

Why family members,? a person is corrupt because he wants to save some thing for his family , if his family members are not preventing it they are equally responsible...

when ever we smile at them they should be made to think about themselves us

1. Worst people than a Prostitues
2. Worst people than a blood sucking terrosits
3. Lowest section of the people ..

----

a sms

A corrupt officer's wife/Daughter who supports her husban/Father is worst than a prostitute , so smile at them .... Pass it on to stop corruption.....

this msg will pinch these woman's heart and they will ensure that their husbands are not corrupt..... \

this is a Non violence struggle..

If a person is guilty then only he will feel bad else he will accept the smile and will reciprocate it happily

Back
Top Bottom