What's new

How to join Pakistan Air Force (PAF)?

you both are right, I have seen many people who get rejected and then turn against the armed forces but at the same time, I feel bad too when hearing about this sifarish, its true that nowadays, PAF looks for nothing except big sifarish, I better go USAF where there is NO sifarish :usflag: :sniper: :pakistan:

out of 100 may be one come at sifarish but it dose n t mean that all of air force work on safarish.

i know about b.sc= bachelor of science but what about BCS = bachelor of computer science???????

Yes offcourse. BCS is also a part of science group. But it should be from a recognized University. Affiliation etc is of no use.

Man no one seems to be replying to my question!....
what physical shape do i have to be in for the air force?
like weight height etc thanks!

You must be in great physical shape. If you want details, your best bet would be to contact ISSB (call them, they don't reply to e-mails). If you really want to join the Air Force, you must be pro-active. Take FlyingEagle above, her determination is visible to anyone whose known her through this forum.7

Here is the PAF Officer Brochure. It lists the average height as "Minimum 163 cm (both Male & Female)" for GD(P). Weight is a little tricky to list. Two people can weigh the same, but one could be far healthier than the other. I guess your focus should be on physical fitness rather than weight. Keep one thing in mind, the average weight in Pakistan is far lower than that in the US. For example, 190 lbs or 87 KG is a good weight for someone 5'11" in the US and Canada, but in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, China etc. that is generally considered overweight. However, like I said above, even if you're 190lbs, if you can prove your physical fitness, I'm sure they won't have issues.
http://www.paf.gov.pk/pdf/Officers_Career_Brochure.pdf

Male height Minimum is 5' 4"
Female height Minimum is 5' 2"

Weight .......hhheeeemmmmmmm

Wait :)

Its a standard formula about your weight. You can calculate whether u r perfect or over or under.

ur height in inches/39=A
A*2=B
ur weight in kg/B= Answer

If ur answer is
less than 15 = Under Weight
15.1 to 17 = Average
17.1 to 21 = Normal
21.1 to 24 = over
24.1 plus = stricket dieting

Last edited:
can any1 givme an idea abt da selection and procedure of joining PAF after MBBS as a GMO. i heard an advertisement as SSC course for 20 weeks training period.thanks in advamce.

Dr.Yasir

Its a standard formula about your weight. You can calculate whether u r perfect or over or under.

ur height in inches/39=A
A*2=B
ur weight in kg/B= Answer

If ur answer is
less than 15 = Under Weight
15.1 to 17 = Average
17.1 to 21 = Normal
21.1 to 24 = over
24.1 plus = stricket dieting

my height i about 5'9" and my weight is 170

but i am a great athlete i have a 6 pack, no stomach fat chest is in great shape i can maxout bench press 265 pounds or 120.5 kgs
i can out run alot of people in my class,i am a great wrester as well, i am in very stunning shape.

can any1 givme an idea abt da selection and procedure of joining PAF after MBBS as a GMO. i heard an advertisement as SSC course for 20 weeks training period.thanks in advamce.

Dr.Yasir

Yes go to the nearest Selection Center and collect the broch from there if you fulfill the citeria as mentioned in the paper.

my height i about 5'9" and my weight is 170

but i am a great athlete i have a 6 pack, no stomach fat chest is in great shape i can maxout bench press 265 pounds or 120.5 kgs
i can out run alot of people in my class,i am a great wrester as well, i am in very stunning shape.

LOL! This sounded like a Marriage advertisement or a Modelling application. Forget PAF, you should apply for Bollywood!

Just kidding. But yeah, you sound like you're in good shape, and you have the "I'm the best" attitude of a fighter pilot. You should definitely apply. Good luck.

out of 100 may be one come at sifarish but it dose n t mean that all of air force work on safarish.

I agree to you. Indeed it is a truth that "safarish" does play a very important role. Its a personal experience. I when took the initial test for PMA 115, I alongwith another person was referred to MH from where they referred us to CMH, because of knocking knees. The other guy had more knocking knees than me, but he had that "safarish" of a Maj. Gen. and hence got FIT certificate from CMH for initial and final medical later. I on the other hand got 'NOT FIT.'

Second experience to my brother, who went to ISSB and during his re-interview he overheard a GTO who said in Punjabi "Ena no karday karday kitay apnay banday na bhul jana"

And now to enforce Pakomar's idea: my brother got selected for commission in PA without any "safarash" without any help. I consider him lucky. Or you may say things do happen on merit also.

So the moral of the story is that things do happen but not merely on "safarash".

KIT Over

Deleted.

A question though I have heard a person if fails to pass flying aptitude test for GDP can get commission in PA or PN. To simplify: Is this so that the Recommendation of ISSB for a person of GDP valid for getting commission in PA as 2nd Lt.? or PN?

KIT Over

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom