What's new

How to get Driver License?

If address your changes you need to get a new CNIC card anyway. The address on it should not matter at the moment as long as you have a valid CNIC.
In which city do you plan to get your licence?

You will write delivery address when applying, so you can get it delivered anywhere in Pakistan. I am telling about getting driving license from Punjab, don't know about other provinces and ICT.

I plan on renting a home in Islamabad(E11/G13) so i will be getting the license done in Islamabad.

Maybe or maybe not... At least it's way cheaper... even if you have to redo it...
I known few who passed their licence in China since Intel Licences are not working there...

As for the Fig.8 on slope... Clutch use at the start only...then it's First gear, use brake at each turn (top+bottom ) and you have it...
One word... Practice. get yourself a friend bike or even a 50cc to practice the 8+Turns+brake...

I tried it, I can do it successfully once when i start it like you said(let go of clutch, first gear, brake at turns) but that area is literally so tiny where we perform the figure 8(the video posted ITT doesn't portray the area properly, its literally tiny), if i don't turn quickly the bike will either hit the pavement or i will lose balance when turning due to the slow speed(i keep it at 6-7 km/h).
It costs me like $320 HKD(5000PKR) to rent a bike for 1 and a half hour which is absurd.
I looked up about China motorcycle licenses and apparently, they only have to do it around those yellow cones and not on the road and they don't even have to perform it on a slope like in Hong Kong.
unfortunately I have 0 friends who own a bike so i am on my own on this one :/

I plan on renting a home in Islamabad(E11/G13) so i will be getting the license done in Islamabad.
The procedure should be the same as in other parts of Pakistan. You will need to take your original CNIC card, the fees and a Pakistani mobile phone number as well.

I tried it, I can do it successfully once when i start it like you said(let go of clutch, first gear, brake at turns) but that area is literally so tiny where we perform the figure 8(the video posted ITT doesn't portray the area properly, its literally tiny), if i don't turn quickly the bike will either hit the pavement or i will lose balance when turning due to the slow speed(i keep it at 6-7 km/h).
It costs me like $320 HKD(5000PKR) to rent a bike for 1 and a half hour which is absurd.
I looked up about China motorcycle licenses and apparently, they only have to do it around those yellow cones and not on the road and they don't even have to perform it on a slope like in Hong Kong.
unfortunately I have 0 friends who own a bike so i am on my own on this one :/

Then do like the old days... go to the slope area and practice with your bicycle at variable speed( 6-7km/h) and add weight on the sides. It's your only solution or "pay more for training"

bump
need answers.

sorry for bugging you
but i have a question

When you applied for the driving license, was it a learner or full driving license?
When they asked you for residential proof? did you give the address that is listed on your CNIC card? is it possible to give the address of the rented home we live at in Pakistan?
How long did it take for the license to be delivered?
They always issue learners to all for the intial pocedure.
Residential address doesn't matter. Make sure you provide one where you are easily accessible.
Once you clear the test they will have your card ready within 2-3 days.

The procedure should be the same as in other parts of Pakistan. You will need to take your original CNIC card, the fees and a Pakistani mobile phone number as well.

Islamabad police don't deliver it, You have to go to collect it. However you can get it same day by paying extra fee.

http://islamabadtrafficpolice.gov.pk/motorcycle-motorcar.php

They always issue learners to all for the intial pocedure.
Residential address doesn't matter. Make sure you provide one where you are easily accessible.
Once you clear the test they will have your card ready within 2-3 days.

i have a question
how common are these folks outside Lahore & RWP license centers today?

1457518610-9165.jpg

here's the link to the news article talking about license agents

https://nation.com.pk/09-Mar-2016/driving-licences-issuance-through-agents

Haven't seen any at-least in Lahore since DL is computerized. But you may encounter some cone artists who will try to trap you, but be aware that you will get fake license.
I think I fell for a con artist last night.
I landed at Islamabad and was looking for careem and this mega manlet starts following me and tells me he will take me where I want etc and he was charging 1500rs(airport to near Giga mall) which I knew was a rip off but I went ahead anyway after he said “please dekya 200rs ka parking hoti hy hum gareebo ki” anyways later we conversed in the car ride and I asked him if he can help me make a driving license and he told me he knows a guy in the police and he will introduce me to him early morning tomorrow if I up for it and I could receive the full license in 12 days etc. it will cost me 25000rs and I said I will think about it and he says u can pay him half now and half after you receive the license.
Anyways when my destination arrived, he was like it’s really late, can you make it 2000rs which I gave because well I thought my driving license problem is now gone...

Lol it’s 7:42am, and I messaged him on WhatsApp and his WhatsApp has been off since last night aka the moment he dropped me off.

I feel like such an idiot for falling for such a scam...

i have a question
how common are these folks outside Lahore & RWP license centers today?

1457518610-9165.jpg

here's the link to the news article talking about license agents

https://nation.com.pk/09-Mar-2016/driving-licences-issuance-through-agents
Hi, sorry for late reply, I don't think I know who these people are and you don't need their services either. Just visit the traffic police office, they will guide you through.

I landed at Islamabad and was looking for careem and this mega manlet starts following me and tells me he will take me where I want etc and he was charging 1500rs(airport to near Giga mall) which I knew was a rip off but I went ahead anyway after he said “please dekya 200rs ka parking hoti hy hum gareebo ki” anyways later we conversed in the car ride and I asked him if he can help me make a driving license and he told me he knows a guy in the police and he will introduce me to him early morning tomorrow if I up for it and I could receive the full license in 12 days etc. it will cost me 25000rs and I said I will think about it and he says u can pay him half now and half after you receive the license.
Anyways when my destination arrived, he was like it’s really late, can you make it 2000rs which I gave because well I thought my driving license problem is now gone...

Lol it’s 7:42am, and I messaged him on WhatsApp and his WhatsApp has been off since last night aka the moment he dropped me off.

Thats awful, but you have learned a valuable lesson and you wont fall prey to these con-artists in the future. If you don't mind me asking, why is obtaining a license become so challenging for you, are there an procedural complications?

I think standard rate of hiring Airport taxi is 1200. So, 800 injection is not provided you have learned the lesson.

Hi, sorry for late reply, I don't think I know who these people are and you don't need their services either. Just visit the traffic police office, they will guide you through.

Thats awful, but you have learned a valuable lesson and you wont fall prey to these con-artists in the future. If you don't mind me asking, why is obtaining a license become so challenging for you, are there an procedural complications?

I stopped trying because manuvere 8 on a slope for a novice is not feasible.
I don’t have the money to shell out thousands of dollars on lessons by instructors who barely care if the student learns or not.
Anyways sticking to topic
So you’re saying that I should go to the traffic officer and just say “kya License jaldi mil sakta hy janab”
If yes, ok lol I will do it Monday when the office opens.
Also wtf is wrong with RWP and ISB? Every other shop was closed around 9-10am when I went out using careem.

I think standard rate of hiring Airport taxi is 1200. So, 800 injection is not provided you have learned the lesson.

Lol he called me at like 10 lol and asked me if he should pick me up, I told him it’s saturday and office is closed today.
Also lol when will winter arrive? The heat is killing me, went out on careem bike and holy ****, the heat was like standing next to a flame, it hit hard on my back.
Also lol
I have another question
I went to jazz experience centre to get a SIM card today and after checking and scanning, they told me that I have to visit nadra about something, is this normal? I came back to Pakistan after a decade, I think maybe it’s because of that lol and they put me on the suspect list

I don’t have the money to shell out thousands of dollars on lessons by instructors who barely care if the student learns or not.
So you’re saying that I should go to the traffic officer and just say “kya License jaldi mil sakta hy janab”
Also wtf is wrong with RWP and ISB? Every other shop was closed around 9-10am when I went out using careem.
Yes, if you come across a sensible one, state your case and see how things go, if you look foreign that will go in your favour. Regarding business/office timings, people have become slackistani's, they open late and close early. :agree:

What do i require in order to get a Driver License in pakistan?
I have Pakistani identity card since i was young thanks to my parents.

What else do i need? I want to make a car and motorcycle driving license.
The exam in Hong Kong is way too time consuming and too expensive so i wish to do this in Pakistan

can someone guide me please.
Which City?

Driving Learner Permit
Category
Age Limit

Motor Cycle 18 Years
Motor Car 18 Years

REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR LEARNER PERMIT:
1 . copy of N.I.C
2 . Ticket of Rs.60 (for each category's Learner Permit) from Post Office.
3 . Get a Code Book of Traffic Rules & Regulation.
4 . Medical Certificate (for the candidates of 50 years and above)
Note: Learner permits are issued on daily basis and have a Validity period of 6 months but after 42 days a candidate is authorized to apply for a fresh Driving License.

Permanent Driving License
1. License Documents are submitted in Local Police Office for the Candidates of Private Vehicle (Motor Cycle, Motor Car and Tractor for Agricultural usage) for Traffic Signs & Road Tests.
2. License Documents for all other Vehicle are submitted in MVE (Motor Vehicle Examiner) Office for Tests.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR PERMANENT LICENSE.
1. Application form (A)
2. Original Learner Permit of at least 6 weeks.
3. Medical Certificate
4. 3 Passport size fresh Photographs (Attested)
5. An Attested Copy of N.I.C.
6. Paste Tickets as approved by the government.
Driving Ticket Fee, renewal fee for 5 years.
I. Motor Cycle: Ticket of Rs. 550
II. Motor Car: Ticket of Rs. 900
III. Motor Cycle/ Motor Car: Ticket of Rs. 950
Note: New Ticket Schedule will apply in case of Amendment in Fee Tickets by the Government.
1. Car Motor Cab: Rs.150
2. Motor Cycle: Rs. 50
3. Car / Motor Cycle: Rs. 200
4. Tractor (Agricultural): Rs. 50
5. Tractor (Commercial) Rs. 100
6. LTV Rs. 150
7. HTV Rs. 200
8. PSV Rs. 200
9. Invalid Carriage Rs. 20
10. Rickshaw Rs. 50

International Driving Permit
1. An attested copy of N.I.C.
2. A copy of Valid Driving License issued from Rawalpindi.
3. A copy of Pakistani Passport valid for At-least 6 Months with Visa.
4. 2 attested photo graph (Passport Size)
5. Rs. 40 Licensing Ticket.
Note: I. Applicant will bring his original N.I.C, Driving License and Passport with him.

Renewal of Driving License
The following documents are required for Renewal of License:
1. Required Application Form + Medical Certificate.
2. 1 Photo Graph Passport Size, a copy of NIC, Original Driving License and a Ticket of relevant License. License is renewed for five years.

Fee Schedule is as follows:
1. Motor Cycle Rs. 500
2. Car Rs. 750
3. Car/ Motor Cycle Rs. 850
4. LTV Rs. 750
5. Rickshaw Rs. 500
6. Tractor (Commercial) Rs. 500
7. Tractor Agriculture Rs. 250
8. HTV Rs. 1000
9. Invalid Carriage. Rs. 100

Fine in case of Late Renewal:
Rs. 375 for each year.

Lol he called me at like 10 lol and asked me if he should pick me up, I told him it’s saturday and office is closed today.
Also lol when will winter arrive? The heat is killing me, went out on careem bike and holy ****, the heat was like standing next to a flame, it hit hard on my back.
Also lol
I have another question
I went to jazz experience centre to get a SIM card today and after checking and scanning, they told me that I have to visit nadra about something, is this normal? I came back to Pakistan after a decade, I think maybe it’s because of that lol and they put me on the suspect list

May be your Id expired. In any case go to nadra 24/7 center in blue area if you are in Islamabad.

May be your Id expired. In any case go to nadra 24/7 center in blue area if you are in Islamabad.
It’s still active lol and I am going to head out now lol.
I didn’t want to go in the afternoon because of that burning heat.

Back
Top Bottom