What's new

How Pakistanis see India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know Indians don't talk much , once they detect you are from Pakistan they tend to stay with in their small circle don't socialize often I tend to go to Indian eating places to test out new dishes etc and people I met there were so friendly - people my only complain was that I went for a buffet and after 2 plates the owner came gave me some side dish trying to save his main course meal of night which I reluctantly ate .. I went to eat all you can eat but anyways ...

I was starting to develop good reputation about india , I watched those historic cricket games in Karachi when both fans came close and cheered on together it was a very briliant moment and Musharaf was close to solving the riddle- then mumbai happened , and then say alot of negative thinking mostly from indian politicians , and then their media opened fire and now a days back to zero and Musharaf can't even get a visa so the problem is always old timers with bias they await a bad event and they unleash their fury

But do enjoy the indian hospitality shown to Pakistani performers on singing shows , but was disappointed by the snub in IPL and have not watched a single game for IPL since then I turn off the TV when it starts before I used to watch it again old timers ruined it for younger generation. Obviosly the time when some one made fun of Pakistani pop singer on TV that was not a good moment I turned off that channel for good 1 year after that or that show. But in general I like the entertainment line in India

I only have some respect for IPL only because of Shahruk khan's defiance but obvously even he was shut down by Shiv sena so its difficult as long as there will be people like Shiv Sina it will be hard for any real progress

But the IPL snub was sad - to punish someone who was not directly even involved in Mumbai event just shows the root of problem - a total irrational statement and act

I see few indian outsourcing ppl in my company , they fly in form India for some work , don't socialize they work and hang our with their own company folks ocassionally I tried to connect with them but they are not open to socializing or they are taught not to discuss things

One time we had dinner so all the indians sat on one table and rest of company in other I felt so weired , hmm why are they all sitting by themselves luckily we chatted after during break it would have been nicer if they all sat with every one socialize a bit

I don't know ... I even introduced myself to one to say hello sitting next to my desk but just weired personality so I said ok .. its not something I can control may be its culture shock I am used to listing to music talking to peers while working

But we have good experience from my father's side dealing with indian company owners they were nice people. I guess there is good and bad side of all things

So there is always positive and negative , and in end it all goes back to Kashmir sadly oh well for me I just have not had that much contact with Indians but its been limited sometimes I get good response sometimes average

But I think at general level there is alot of similarities and emotional attahment and hospitality just need to break the ice sorta speak

I think Indian corporate culture is very much like too much work no socializing I was hoping to connect base with some of the guys to learn more about their country and their city etc but even sitting right across the guy I could not get any conversation going so I was like ok no so I just went socialized with other peers we ended up going to some horse race event

Obviously India is a top destination for me to visit but only if there is security and no harassment from local police , politicians and immigration

I think general indian inside india would be very friendly but I have no way to test that out

I just see the news that Shiv Sena bashed someone for something and then I develop a negative feeling about india may be whole india is violent as such

Last edited:
Well it does not matter a bit what they think of us.We are growing at a rate of around 8.5 % every year and we must try to maintain such a rate if not more for the next decade at least.

Most of them r confused people and having no heart ...and most of them r physicially week ...except punjabi .haryna... i write all those things based upon my personal experience

Martial races BS :lol:

BTW some one tell this fellow that a AK fired by a 'confused','heartless'.'weak' Indian still can snuff the life out of the guy belonging to the superior,martial race this guy may belong to.

And every race in the history of the world has FOUGHT and fought like devil when it threatens their existence.

Last edited:
Some people think martial race = fight mindlessly for no reason like Pashtuns.

Pashtuns keep fighting. If no enemy, then kill each other. Hence 'martial race'.

That is not 'martial race' but primitive tribal society.

What have Pashtun, so called superior Martial race gain? Nothing. Only bombing and killing. And backward society.

Some people think martial race = fight mindlessly for no reason like Pashtuns.

Pashtuns keep fighting. If no enemy, then kill each other. Hence 'martial race'.

That is not 'martial race' but primitive tribal society.

What have Pashtun, so called superior Martial race gain? Nothing. Only bombing and killing. And backward society.

Primitive backward society? We already know how "developed" india is!

please look at the mirror before pointing fingers at others!:tup:

I can find a lot of flaws in indian society but unlike you i won't jump to point fingers at others when i'm not perfect myself.

And speaking of martial race, you indians always brag about how the ghurkas and sikhs are a "super human martial race"!

Every race is "martial race".

But some culture fight mindlessly.

Primitive backward society? We already know how "developed" india is!

please look at the mirror before pointing fingers at others!:tup:

I can find a lot of flaws in indian society but unlike you i won't jump to point fingers at others when i'm not perfect myself.

And speaking of martial race, you indians always brag about how the ghurkas and sikhs are a "super human martial race"!

With no offence to Gurkhas and Sikhs out here, no there are not some super human martial race. And anyone who claimed so is an ignorant.

It is only the situation that a clan or a tribe lives that shapes their culture,characteristics.

This is the reason the Sikhs fought like devils. Their existence was threatened by a lunatic called Aurangazeb. And this is what I said by "Every race in the world has fought and fought like devils when their very existence is threatened" and it is no different for the Gurkhas.

And the clans that lived in relatively peaceful areas spent their energy on other needs.This does not mean they will not fight when their existence is threatened.

Last edited:
I don't know Indians don't talk much , once they detect you are from Pakistan they tend to stay with in their small circle don't socialize often I tend to go to Indian eating places to test out new dishes etc and people I met there were so friendly - people my only complain was that I went for a buffet and after 2 plates the owner came gave me some side dish trying to save his main course meal of night which I reluctantly ate .. I went to eat all you can eat but anyways ...

I was starting to develop good reputation about india , I watched those historic cricket games in Karachi when both fans came close and cheered on together it was a very briliant moment and Musharaf was close to solving the riddle- then mumbai happened , and then say alot of negative thinking mostly from indian politicians , and then their media opened fire and now a days back to zero and Musharaf can't even get a visa so the problem is always old timers with bias they await a bad event and they unleash their fury

But do enjoy the indian hospitality shown to Pakistani performers on singing shows , but was disappointed by the snub in IPL and have not watched a single game for IPL since then I turn off the TV when it starts before I used to watch it again old timers ruined it for younger generation. Obviosly the time when some one made fun of Pakistani pop singer on TV that was not a good moment I turned off that channel for good 1 year after that or that show. But in general I like the entertainment line in India

I only have some respect for IPL only because of Shahruk khan's defiance but obvously even he was shut down by Shiv sena so its difficult as long as there will be people like Shiv Sina it will be hard for any real progress

But the IPL snub was sad - to punish someone who was not directly even involved in Mumbai event just shows the root of problem - a total irrational statement and act

I see few indian outsourcing ppl in my company , they fly in form India for some work , don't socialize they work and hang our with their own company folks ocassionally I tried to connect with them but they are not open to socializing or they are taught not to discuss things

One time we had dinner so all the indians sat on one table and rest of company in other I felt so weired , hmm why are they all sitting by themselves luckily we chatted after during break it would have been nicer if they all sat with every one socialize a bit

I don't know ... I even introduced myself to one to say hello sitting next to my desk but just weired personality so I said ok .. its not something I can control may be its culture shock I am used to listing to music talking to peers while working

But we have good experience from my father's side dealing with indian company owners they were nice people. I guess there is good and bad side of all things

So there is always positive and negative , and in end it all goes back to Kashmir sadly oh well for me I just have not had that much contact with Indians but its been limited sometimes I get good response sometimes average

But I think at general level there is alot of similarities and emotional attahment and hospitality just need to break the ice sorta speak

I think Indian corporate culture is very much like too much work no socializing I was hoping to connect base with some of the guys to learn more about their country and their city etc but even sitting right across the guy I could not get any conversation going so I was like ok no so I just went socialized with other peers we ended up going to some horse race event

Obviously India is a top destination for me to visit but only if there is security and no harassment from local police , politicians and immigration

I think general indian inside india would be very friendly but I have no way to test that out

I just see the news that Shiv Sena bashed someone for something and then I develop a negative feeling about india may be whole india is violent as such

nice to read ur assesment . it may be that the guys u met were kinda introvert or didnt like to socialize , else Indians r most talkative :D if i met a pakistani i would love to have a talk with him about each others' countries and ppl . As for Indian hospitality u'll see it when u visit India .

BS. a common Pakistani doesnt have time to see what India is.

its another matter your the BS Star Plus soaps are presenting worst side of India the fakeness
so you r not a common Pakistani? :blah:

A fascinating account!

Most of them r confused people and having no heart ...and most of them r physicially week ...except punjabi .haryna... i write all those things based upon my personal experience

the epic BS,I am not surprised because only a Pakistani can flaunt this bigotry with pride

basically it emanate from 1 Muslim is equal to 10 Hindus and Muslims ruled India over 1000 yrs,another epic Pakistani bs,meanwhile we to have 180 million Muslims other than those which u described and basically all this people can force $hit through the throat of anyone who dare to attack their integrity.

Pakistanis admire and hate India at the same time. We view both positive and negative aspects of India.

Though what jana said is true that we are too much preoccupied with our problems and we could hardly think of Indian problems to feel better.

Last edited:
MY HONEST OPINION!!!!

India and Pakistan have more common grounds and relation then Pakistan has with the rest of the Arab World.

India and Pakistan, have the same cluture, stlye, dresses, music, language (yeah hindi/urdu is the 4th biggest language in the WORLD) and amougst many other things.

But should we be united, the answer is now no, its not the time yet plus we are doing well on our own. But we should be Allies. I resepect Indians and i am sure a educated Indian will have that same respect to Pakistanis. We shouldn't be Rivals, we should be allies except of course on Cricket :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom