What's new

How Pakistan could effectively cripple Indian’s air force with rocket artillery, and what is needed.

Well yeah, but much cheaper then alternatives like cruise missiles.

I do not know of a war won with just MRLS
Russians use Stalin Organs rocket launchers in WW 2. That was in conjunction with a lot of armed troops, artillery, tanks, ground forces and Il-2 attack aircraft.

MLRS, PGMs etc, all these, they fall under the category of Force Multipliers. Means they complement your real force, they are not the real force. They can help you win, but you cannot win purely due to them.

I do not know of a war won with just MRLS
Russians use Stalin Organs rocket launchers in WW 2. That was in conjunction with a lot of armed troops, artillery, tanks, ground forces and Il-2 attack aircraft.

Agreed. MBRL will pack the most punch for forward air bases upto 100km beyond that we will need cruise and ballistic missiles as well as fighter jets equiped with targetting pods.

MLRS, PGMs etc, all these, they fall under the category of Force Multipliers. Means they complement your real force, they are not the real force. They can help you win, but you cannot win purely due to them.
Of course not, I have said this many times.

Agreed. MBRL will pack the most punch for forward air bases upto 100km beyond that we will need cruise and ballistic missiles as well as fighter jets equiped with targetting pods.
Or buy A300 with 290km range to comply with MTCR?

If i substituted 'SU30MKI' with 'Rafale', that's exactly what i used to hear 10 years ago. SU30MKI, the Raptor of Asia, 12 SU30MKI are enough to decimate the F16 fleet of PAF and the MIG21 Bisons would finish the job. Any new platform that India acquires automatically becomes the most superior weapon. I remember Indian members here celebrating how the SU30MKI decimated the Rafales and EuroFighters in exercises, but apparently now it is going to be the saving grace of the IAF. I must say, you guys are doing a horrible job by placing enormous pressure on your Armed Forces to deliver impossible results.

But i thought the SU30MKI was superior to the Rafales, that's why the SU30MKI bossed them.

Mig 21 bison used to have technology equal to F16 block 52 of PAF. HMD, HOBS missile, Israeli Jammers, BVR R77, network etc etc

Intentionally, the payload that was used caused minimum structural damage. It pierced the roof and then detonated inside the building causing a large splash damage and incinerating everyone who was present there. IAF has promised that next time they will also take out the structure to leave no room for doubt. If really only some trees were harmed, your air force would not try so hard to avenge their pride.

Sushma Swaraj said that Indian military was given strict instructions that no Pakistani civilian or soldier must be harmed. However, according to some reports, there were a few army people present among with the jihadis. It was unavoidable incidental damage.

PAF did not tried to shot down Indian Jets, It actually did that. IAF was inferior in BVR (R77 vs Aim 120 C5) , AWACS (No AWACS at Indian side), SOW Range (60 km SPICE vs [120 km H4, 60-100 km REKs]), Network Capability (Abhinandone had no idea about situation), Management/Preparedness (Mi-17 shot down) and Jammers. A Force which is inferior in BVR, AWACS, SOW, Network Capability, Management/Preparedness and Jammers should not even think about killing crows and trees of superior force.

PAF did not tried to shot down Indian Jets, It actually did that. IAF was inferior in BVR (R77 vs Aim 120 C5) , AWACS (No AWACS at Indian side), SOW Range (60 km SPICE vs [120 km H4, 60-100 km REKs]), Network Capability (Abhinandone had no idea about situation), Management/Preparedness (Mi-17 shot down) and Jammers. A Force which is inferior in BVR, AWACS, SOW, Network Capability, Management/Preparedness and Jammers should not even think about killing crows and trees of superior force.

Indian Phalcon AWACS was in the air at the time once we pitched back. WHat happened to it is an entirely different story.

Indian Phalcon AWACS was in the air at the time once we pitched back. WHat happened to it is an entirely different story.
Sir can you elaborate plz? Did we jam their awacs?:o: or they ran away?o_O

They have at the most 50, not enough to destroy even 1 PAF base especially with EW from radars.

haha sounds about right ... 50 Brahmos rofl ...

how many published tests India has conducted for Brahmo —- 70 from 2001 onwards

Start of production— 2004
In production in 2020 BrahmosIII version With more production lines to be added for BrahmosA version

lol ... you can safely assume India has more Brahmo just in ARMY than whole MRLS rocket numbers in Pakistan

Sir can you elaborate plz? Did we jam their awacs?:o: or they ran away?o_O

It was in the area, in air. Somehow, the air was deemed hostile with AMRAAMs flying around, SU30 shot down. AWACS exited rapidly from the theatre leaving the rest of IAF jets all alone. I cannot post the details here, but it was quiet amusing.

Last edited:
It was in the area, in air. Somehow, the air was deemed hostile with AMRAAMs flying around, SU30 shot down. AWACS exited rapidly from the theatre leaving the rest of IAF jets all alone. I can post the details here, but it was quiet amusing.
Damn plz post the details if you can!

Back
Top Bottom