What's new

How much of Pakistan do the Taliban actually control

@jeypore: One must ask a question first if Pakistan is ready to be ruled by shariah law with the ideology of wahabism, and to remove it's existing constitution if it means anything. That is what the Pakistan taliban clearly want. From my perspective, the current pakistanie population, GoP, and the Army is not taking this as a serious threat, while the world around them is noticing this seriousness of the situation. If Pakistan wants to be a global player and a economic powerhouse, first and foremost it has to curb these talibans.

The Pakistani population is taking note but we have been stifled for so many decades that street movements are few and far in between (the lawyers' movement being an exception). The GoP is too scared of taking a stand against the Taliban for fear of its existence. As for the army, it will let matters get as bad as it can before it moves in. But all three concerned know it's a real threat.
As for being a global and economic powerhouse, I'll disagree that the Taliban need to be tackled only. There has to be decrease in defence spending, the funds moved to other sectors where the budget allocation is appaling, especially health and education.

Very, very important question, the answer is Big Yes. It is afterall your lifestyle, but with the nuclear arsenal at play here, the world is not going to give these talibs and AQ the utopia they so much desire.
Yes, but what is my lifestyle is not that of the majority of the population. doesn't it mean that we are not following democracy in its true spirit?

4d3034d267300235a81b7a963908c0a7.jpg

Agree/disagree?

Anybody have recent, first hand info on the situation in Chitral?

Come on not again...
Well S-2 take over, please.

Back
Top Bottom