What's new

How Modi turned India into a CPEC loser.

"trade with Central Asia" is NOT AN END IN ITSELF, it is only one MEANS of many to improve our lot in the world. We are looking to trade, prosper and develop. For that we need energy, raw materials, technology and markets. If tomorrow Central Asia disappeared from the planet, the rest of the world would go on....maybe a little jolt in the energy markets....but ultimately ....puf ! Nothing terrible. ( sorry to any central Asians reading this - I love Borat ) there are other sources for energy ...and technology in this area is moving fast.

Don't confuse what the Indian government is trying to do.

Mate, you are wasting your time by arguing with somebody who is blatantly dishonest in his arguments and trolls in an invisible mode apparently because he enjoys unquestioned patronage on a Pakistani forum due to their higher-than-deeper-than relationship.

He talks sanctimoniously about how China and Japan, despite their enmity, do trade and never exchange fire between them. But then he totally ignores how India herself indulges in trade with China despite enmity and does not exchange fire across a volatile border with China. Just shows his intellectual dishonesty.

Access to Central Asia is a good thing to have for their resources, but it is not worth the high costs involved with it. Evidently, India has been doing just fine with next-to-no access with Central Asia. Even then, we could still reach Central Asia through Iran if Indian government really wanted it that badly.

But then how can you argue with somebody who is only pretending to listen?

Sure if India-pakistan had US canada like relation, all you propose would have been feasible, but the reality is Pakistan is positioning itself as a transit state, nothing more nothing less, and India joining such as system where it's own transit fees would be used to terrorize it's own citizens would make an extremely poor business case.

Sea lanes are absolutely open to us to trade, so relevance of gwadar for sea freight is next to nothing to us, sure terrestrial transit would have benefited india for trade and energy requirement, but creating a dependency in a volatile state like pakistan is hug risk for India, and with immaturity of political system and bi-polar power equations, there is no point in getting into economic involvement in pakistan whatsoever, so thanks but no thanks.

regards.

India could have been a larger beneficiary of CPEC had it not been for the utterly stupid and misguided policies of its current Hindutva regime lead by Modi for following reasons.

• CPEC's far eastern alignment already connects India via Lahore and Sialkot, therefore only an upgrade to the infrastructure and construction of a dry port would have been needed to link India with CPEC.

• CPEC would have ensured India's gas link with IP and TAPI which now are highly unlikely.

• India could have had a permanent trade route via ground with China, Afghanistan, all of Central Asia, Iran, even Turkey.

• Had India invested in CPEC, Pakistan would have taken it positively and relations would have improved. Instead Modi is busy investing in terrorism.

• Pakistan would have liked to sell its coal or gas produced out of coal reserves in Thar to India. Coal projects are now underway as part of the CPEC project.

• Investing in CPEC would have allowed greater market integration with India, interdependence between Pakistan and India would create something to lose for both countries, hence improving relations would become a necessity not a show off.

• CPEC with Indian investment could have created more logistical routes which India and Pakistan could have used for conducting trade. India could have also used the same routes to trade with other countries linked to CPEC project i.e connecting Lahore with major Indian cities across the border.

There are a number of other possibilities i,e an upgraded railway freight system etc since India has good experience with railway engines and transit. Pakistan is open to India joining CPEC, however the short sighted and bigoted government lead by Modi is either too stupid or too ignorant or both to see this in the greater interest of India. They have not only missed the boat but are busy investing in funding proxies in Pakistan to somehow subvert this mega project. This is enough for me to say that India is in wrong hands.
View attachment 252732
India could have been a larger beneficiary of CPEC had it not been for the utterly stupid and misguided policies of its current Hindutva regime lead by Modi for following reasons.

• CPEC's far eastern alignment already connects India via Lahore and Sialkot, therefore only an upgrade to the infrastructure and construction of a dry port would have been needed to link India with CPEC.

• CPEC would have ensured India's gas link with IP and TAPI which now are highly unlikely.

• India could have had a permanent trade route via ground with China, Afghanistan, all of Central Asia, Iran, even Turkey.

• Had India invested in CPEC, Pakistan would have taken it positively and relations would have improved. Instead Modi is busy investing in terrorism.

• Pakistan would have liked to sell its coal or gas produced out of coal reserves in Thar to India. Coal projects are now underway as part of the CPEC project.

• Investing in CPEC would have allowed greater market integration with India, interdependence between Pakistan and India would create something to lose for both countries, hence improving relations would become a necessity not a show off.

• CPEC with Indian investment could have created more logistical routes which India and Pakistan could have used for conducting trade. India could have also used the same routes to trade with other countries linked to CPEC project i.e connecting Lahore with major Indian cities across the border.

There are a number of other possibilities i,e an upgraded railway freight system etc since India has good experience with railway engines and transit. Pakistan is open to India joining CPEC, however the short sighted and bigoted government lead by Modi is either too stupid or too ignorant or both to see this in the greater interest of India. They have not only missed the boat but are busy investing in funding proxies in Pakistan to somehow subvert this mega project. This is enough for me to say that India is in wrong hands.
View attachment 252732

is this stupid discussion still going on? The entire gdp of central asian countries, all of them out together, is under 300B. India's GDP is 2T. Pakistan's gdp is somewhere around 250B I think.India's foreign trade is almost three times the gdp of all the central asian countries put together.

So 'access to central asian countries' is not going to add much more to what India already does with them - unless India underbids Pakistan and China which will set up India at a disadvantage if they use cpec!

CPEC is a not even a pimple for India, not even a zit for China - it is a good thing for Pakistan but even that in the short term. In the long term they have to be careful not to let the chinese use it for twisting their arms and vice versa.

1) With all their food supplies going through Pakistan and millions of Afghan refugees living in Pakistan, why would Afganistan want to commit suicide by denying access to Central Asia?

2) Pakistan is working on an alternate route which goes through China to Central Asia.

So no real problem for Pakistan, Afghans will be a complete losers though, if they ever deny us access to Central Asia via Afghanistan.
Any relationship is a two way street.
Do you see anything wrong in what the Afgan president said.Since all the eggs are placed in one basket by pakistan I.e China, will you accept if China says they only want Chinese goods to come to Pakistan but won't allow any Pakistani goods to China.
You can always make a detour and bypass Afghanistan.
upload_2015-9-3_6-45-43.jpeg

And Afghanistan can also do a detour in future and get their supplies from other soures for which it it is dependent on Pakistan now.for example
images

If you feel Afghanistan will be a loser, then so will be Pakistan

I'll put it simply for you. India instead of acting like an elder brother is acting like a jealous elder brother in law who just came back from jail.

Sure if India-pakistan had US canada like relation, all you propose would have been feasible, but the reality is Pakistan is positioning itself as a transit state, nothing more nothing less, and India joining such as system where it's own transit fees would be used to terrorize it's own citizens would make an extremely poor business case.

Sea lanes are absolutely open to us to trade, so relevance of gwadar for sea freight is next to nothing to us, sure terrestrial transit would have benefited india for trade and energy requirement, but creating a dependency in a volatile state like pakistan is hug risk for India, and with immaturity of political system and bi-polar power equations, there is no point in getting into economic involvement in pakistan whatsoever, so thanks but no thanks.

regards.

I'll put it simply for you. India instead of acting like an elder brother is acting like a jealous elder brother in law who just came back from jail.

Judging by your idiotic & childish remarks, I am just wondering which idiot made you an administrator...

Well, every other hour we used to see a new thread on CPEC. Guys it's a trade route not some alladin's chirag that it will solve all problems in Pakistan. It will definitely help Pakistan in reviving economy but you guys are getting too optimistic for it. Even if CPEC succeeds, the load of expectations on it will make it look like a failure of some sort.
As far as winning or losing by India, don't live in a fantasy world. Pakistan wouldn't have allowed India the access to central asia anyway.
And about the thread and OP, this type of things happen when a troll is made administrator of a discussion forum. Enjoy @Horus .

Its because of people like you a lunatic like him got elected in the first place. He attacks Pakistan, we will make sure you have funerals in your homes.

Again a anther keyboard warrior fan boy admin, trying to project his futile penis for appeasement. You think i care, if you ban me. lol! worth every bit of it. Continue with the India bashing it aint going to get you no where... MODI is the correct person to deal with a terrorist state like yours. Doves in the international diplomatic arena and absolute a holes in cross border terrorism. Your Rants just validate that he is the correct leader for India... so continue and burn...

Last edited:
Sorry boss, oversimplification is often a logical fallacy...
This is not a family feud... You have one , just one development that you think India could have leveraged, I can count more than 10 in education, research, medicine, manufacturing, infrastructure, that Pakistan could have benefited if it did not dabble in asymmetric warfare with India. You have played you card, and that has defined the dynamics. You can make as much as transit money that you want to, hearty congratulations on that, we will make our own way, and along the way we will mitigate every risk,every hurdle, every issue tat we need to deal with. With one of the largest domestic markets, and one of the largest service sectors we are more than capable of taking care of our-self.
As I said there is no whatsoever incentive in sharing a stake in any economic engagement in a volatile bipolar state.

Sorry boss, oversimplification is often a logical fallacy...
This is not a family feud... You have one , just one development that you think India could have leveraged, I can count more than 10 in education, research, medicine, manufacturing, infrastructure, that Pakistan could have benefited if it did not dabble in asymmetric warfare with India. You have played you card, and that has defined the dynamics. You can make as much as transit money that you want to, hearty congratulations on that, we will make our own way, and along the way we will mitigate every risk,every hurdle, every issue tat we need to deal with. With one of the largest domestic markets, and one of the largest service sectors we are more than capable of taking care of our-self.
As I said there is no whatsoever incentive in sharing a stake in any economic engagement in a volatile bipolar state.

and you think by providing me with negative ratings you have done this relationship any favor, your just pathetic as them... go on provide an anther negative rating.

I for one am Glad that India is out, let them play Saarc Saarc, we must be vigilant though, Modi and co in their frustration might start a full scale war without thinking through the repercussions.

and you think by providing me with negative ratings you have done this relationship any favor, your just pathetic as them... go on provide an anther negative rating.
If you are not capable of conducting discourse in a civilized manner, then why bother about rating, no one invited you to grace this forum with your presence.

A Pakistani Mod, who normally indulges only in one-liners, started this thread for a change and decided to call Modi a "CPEC loser" for not joining hands for CPEC (whatever that "CPEC loser" means)!

Obviously he had to be shown the mirror for how Pakistanis can also be called as "DMIC losers".

He is the site Administrator, you are guests here on his forum. Show some respect to your hosts.

He is the site Administrator, you are guests here on his forum. Show some respect to your hosts.

Don't care who it is, if you do not show respect to a anther countries democratically elected leader, then he deserves no respect of mine... SO TELL HIM to show respect first, its a 2 way street.

Indians have been reacting like this to most of the developments around them. if someone wants to have an idea of what I am trying to say then read first few pages of J-20 thread when just a few pictures which were not clear came out on media. not true > can be> not sure still > ok it is real > looks like toy > not right design > not stealthy and it goes on. same is the case with most of the developments.
Pakistanis must also learn to keep things low profile like china. let this route complete. we dont need to discuss much what India is losing. let them feel in the future.

Back
Top Bottom