What's new

How many BVR can be fitted into one Plane ?

That's not entirely true.

There are enhanced featured of JF-17s in the works. Which belongs to which block is what is unclear

Things like:

Twin seater
IRST
Composite materials

Have been speculated about.

Chinese Avionics Advances Ripple Throughout Asia | Defense News | defensenews.com

Block II, Block III these are just brand names. It may be possible they may not choose Block II name but an enhanced JF-17 is most likely there in testing phase.
Sir even if they start production of improved JF-17 well let say Block 2 or 3 or what ever they will call it will the announce it or not ? @balixd

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir even if they start production of improved JF-17 well let say Block 2 or 3 or what ever they will call it will the announce it or not ? @balixd

Probably after production or induction. During production we will just hear about JF-17 production.

i hope they make major changes in the airframe. i hate it !!!!! :pissed:

do u think there be changes in the airframe, specially the fuselage ?
They are definately working on frame, quality and design, so as i was told cracks would appear in engine after few flights.......

Did cracks really appear on JF-17s?

Edit: ops my bad,sorry, @RAMPAGE, my bad bro, it was not the frame but the engine which would develop cracks......this was back in dec 2011, so i just forgot about it. Since there were rumours about Blk 2 in 2012, so i was told they keep on doing tests and making improvements, design was on the cards, but the guy was not happy with the engine.

yes, but those were the initial units, this is 2011 I am talking about. I will dig up more on improvements on the aircraft soon, PAF never interested me much, so i don't ask much about it :D
yup I can confirm that .
IMO a lot of improvs are needed. E.g. Adding a few more hardpoints

yup I can confirm that .
IMO a lot of improvs are needed. E.g. Adding a few more hardpoints

Hard points are never a problem. Its the payload which counts. And to increase payload one needs a more powerful engine which PAF is short of.
Hardpoints are nothing but hardwired rails beneath the wings and the fuselage. You could add 10 in the Mig-19 but we never had small diameter weapons.

Hard points matter too when considering wing loading per feet square and drag.JF-17 can carry 4 BVRAAMs with dual ejector racks.While the Fighting Falcon is 6-on-6 capable 2 on wingtips and 2 under each wing.

you would think most standard A2A would be 4 to 6 BVR and 2 WVR

rafaleAA-Mica.jpg

The proposed B-1R was supposed to carry around 25-30 AIM-120s

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom