What's new

How many BVR can be fitted into one Plane ?

I guess PAF decided to stick with chineese avionics and radar thats why they are working hard on them to make them as per their requirements(i.e comparable to french avionics PAF slected first)…
In block 2 I don't guess there would be much visible improvements but just Avionics and radar upgrade along with IFR and composites this maybe cause increase in payload & factors like TWR and Climb rate(RCS reduction too) etc………:coffee:
IRST pod is homemade so it can and would be introduced on it whenever needed……:pop:

It is in the interest of Pakistan to develop closer ties with China and rely on its indigenous development rather then relying on US technology. Because when there will be hour of need sanctions will be imposed and Pakistan will have to pay through its nose for consumables and spares.

How many BVR can be fitted into one Plane in case of Pakistan on JF-17 Thunder Block 2 and the latest 18 F-16 we have ? and also on other world fighter jets
AAM-4.jpg

799px-Aim_120_amraam_missile_20040710_145603_1.4.jpg

@Aeronaut @Oscar @Awesome @Armstrong @nuclearpak and others :cuckoo:

My guess is 4. But typically there would be 2.

I'm talking about generic JF-17 info, as block details are not confirmed.

Last edited by a moderator:
BVRAAM can be equipped on four hard points (two under each wing) with the hard point on wing tips conventionally carrying WVRAAM (although both of PAF JF-17 and F-16 can carry BVRAAM on wingtips as well).
This means four hard points and with the dual launch rails already seen with JF-17 this translates into 8 BVRAAM for a JF-17 thunder in interceptor role!

yara there's no jf-17 blk 2 !!!! :sad:

That's not entirely true.

There are enhanced featured of JF-17s in the works. Which belongs to which block is what is unclear

Things like:

Twin seater
IRST
Composite materials

Have been speculated about.

Chinese Avionics Advances Ripple Throughout Asia | Defense News | defensenews.com

Block II, Block III these are just brand names. It may be possible they may not choose Block II name but an enhanced JF-17 is most likely there in testing phase.

do you have a source ? ...... just asking !!!!

Ever since PAF came out with JFT, they tried and tested many enhancements, you might not hear the official word or formal name of blk 2 but they surely are working on things to improve........inshallah news will be out soon

The flanker is no.1 when it comes to number of AAMs being carried

It can carry 10 AAMs (6 BVRs and 4 AAMs)

There are some sources which say SU-35 can carry 12 AAMs, I am not sure

There are triple launcher racks available for F-16. When used, a viper can carry as many as 12 AMRAAM's with a 2 x 600Gl and 1 x center line tank.

The flanker is no.1 when it comes to number of AAMs being carried

It can carry 10 AAMs (6 BVRs and 4 AAMs)

There are some sources which say SU-35 can carry 12 AAMs, I am not sure

well MKI can carry 10 BVR(max) and 2 WVR, total=12 AAMs.(with multiple ejectors it can carry upto 14 AAMs(12 BVR max))

Ever since PAF came out with JFT, they tried and tested many enhancements, you might not hear the official word or formal name of blk 2 but they surely are working on things to improve........inshallah news will be out soon
i hope they make major changes in the airframe. i hate it !!!!! :pissed:

That's not entirely true.

There are enhanced featured of JF-17s in the works. Which belongs to which block is what is unclear

Things like:

Twin seater
IRST
Composite materials

Have been speculated about.

Chinese Avionics Advances Ripple Throughout Asia | Defense News | defensenews.com

Block II, Block III these are just brand names. It may be possible they may not choose Block II name but an enhanced JF-17 is most likely there in testing phase.
do u think there be changes in the airframe, specially the fuselage ?

My guess is 4. But typically there would be 2.

I'm talking about generic JF-17 info, as block details are not confirmed.

four is confirmed by PAF head in recent interview. can it carry more, we cant say anything about that

It is in the interest of Pakistan to develop closer ties with China and rely on its indigenous development rather then relying on US technology. Because when there will be hour of need sanctions will be imposed and Pakistan will have to pay through its nose for consumables and spares.

1st priority for Engine/Radar and avionics was never china but after being sanctioned they have to stick with china but due to amazing Chineese progress and cheap and TOT tech PAF preffered chineese coz they had showed much commitment……:coffee:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom