What's new

How Kashmir was stolen from Pakistan by Mountbatten

40% to le liya na. baaqi bhi le lein ge.

Tum me kya cheer liya
30% liya tha....par khudka 50% kho diya....Ab to samjh jaao...Kashmir chodo...Apna desh bachao....

30% liya tha....par khudka 50% kho diya....Ab to samjh jaao...Kashmir chodo...Apna desh bachao....

Khoya nahin ...... azaad kar diya.

apna des bhi bachaein ge aur baaqi ka Kashmir bhi lenge

BWHAHAHAHA....AZAAD Kara Diya...Kisse,....:D

BTW...jab lene aao to bata dena....upar jannat se dekhunga...kyunki meri lambi umar main to ye hone se raha....:rofl:

^^^Please discuss in english. Not all of the readers here are fluent in your lingo

The different interpretations of UNSC Iraqi resolutions by different countries is a recent case which clearly exemplifies this fact. Where was the 2+2=4 in this case.

If I may say with the utmost respect to you personally, bunkum.

The Iraq resolutions number in the scores. Prior to 1990, there were 14, so let us start with those. The resolutions were clearly articulated, but they related to the Iraq-Iran war, and presumably you are referring to the Desert Shield/Desert Storm resolutions.

Briefly, when required, the language included full and clear instructions, for instance:

...Prompt and simultaneous withdrawal of armed concentrations along the entire border, in accordance with an Arrangement to be agreed upon between the appropriate authorities of the two countries...

I hope you see the vast difference between the language of this resolution and the corresponding plebiscite resolution that we have been discussing. In simple but plain terms, this is what the Pakistani side had hoped for but did not get, and which it then tried to insert into the proceedings by raising pettifogging objections.

Now regarding the later set of resolutions, would you like to indicate which resolution you are referring to, and what confusion you have in mind? I ask this as the matter ought to be treated at the same level of detailed scrutiny as the plebiscite resolution.

After adoption of a UNSC resolution and its implementation there are many aspects which need coordination.

When there is disagreement on such coordination aspects, UNSC is approached again to render solutions/decisions/amendments/new resolutions.

This is a generalization of massive proportions, at the level of motherhood and apple pie. There are resolutions and resolutions; those that are clear obviously need no discussion, or less discussion than others. These others might be ambiguously worded.

If it is your case that all resolutions are subject to interpretation, it is for you to point out what needs clarification. As you have seen from the example above, usually resolutions are far too clearly worded to warrant the kind of Fabian tactics adopted by Pakistan.

If Nehru thought that these interactions were futile, why did he wait, from 1948 to 1954 to announce his decision and then too India blamed US-Pakistan agreement and not Pakistani intransigence or non-withdrawal of troops. Why wasn’t India so black and white in its pronouncements at that time. Therefore, your perception of events doesn’t matter. What India as a nation announced through its good offices is the truth.

What possible benefit would India have derived from such an action - other than to settle a discussion on PDF in the year 2012?

If India was so confident of its position and was gaining ground, why did it go to the UN, it should have continued with its conquests and captured the whole of Kashmir. India was not confident that it would be able to sustain her advances as Pakistan Army was getting more and more involved and stabilizing the situation. The only way out for India then was to knock the UN door to attain status quo and continue playing with UN resolutions and commissions and appointed interlocutors in order to improve her position on ground.

The difficulty with Pakistan, and the Pakistani point of view, is that every principled act of compromise or coming forth to bridge the gap is immediately associated with hitherto unsuspected weakness, and with sinister, clandestine plans having come undone. A refusal to move is seen as a display of hegemonism, and the brutality of a bullying superior power. This was displayed on numerous occasions, for instance, in Nehru's selecting a point of equilibrium, beyond which a serious push by the Indian Army would be required, at a time when sizable gains had been made, at which to fulfill his commitment to a plebiscite. Later, it raised huge suspicion among uninformed Pakistanis when Shastri accepted a Russian offer to mediate; as usual, the Pakistani reaction to being rescued at the nick of time was deep suspicion of the motives of the rescuer. Again in 1971, when Bhutto and his delegation travelled to Simla, and Bhutto confided that an open treaty on Kashmir would doom him in the eyes of Pakistan, and the matter was merely touched upon, Pakistani speculation ran towards the motives behind Pakistan not being crushed utterly - understandably so, since that is what Pakistan would have done, and will do in future if ever it is to find itself in the position of India. Need i even mention 1999? Considering that a party to the frantic mission of rescue to Washington blandly denied it when asked in later years?

Your response has the great merit of conforming to type.

I have to say that thanks to Nassr and Ticker (an unexpected and therefore all the more welcome advent), I find this a nourishing thread. Could I ask if it is still of interest, as the subject is unfortunately quite dry?

^^^Please discuss in english. Not all of the readers here are fluent in your lingo

This was for you :P

Just some fun hearted banter.. here goes a rough transalation (in red)

40% to le liya na. baaqi bhi le lein ge. (40 % was taken right, we will take the rest too.)

Tum me kya cheer liya(I dont remember you tearing us (In response to ask for milk we will give a sweet made up of milk, ask Kashmir we will tear you apart)) :D

30% liya tha....par khudka 50% kho diya....Ab to samjh jaao...Kashmir chodo...Apna desh bachao.... (30% you took.. but lost 50%.. atleast understand now... Leave kashmir and save you country... )

Khoya nahin ...... azaad kar diya. (Not lost .... we set it free.)

apna des bhi bachaein ge aur baaqi ka Kashmir bhi lenge(will save our country also and take the rest of the Kashmir too)

BWHAHAHAHA....AZAAD Kara Diya...Kisse,....:D (What exactly did you set free?)

BTW...jab lene aao to bata dena....upar jannat se dekhunga...kyunki meri lambi umar main to ye hone se raha....:rofl:(While coming to claim, inform us... will see from the heaven above.... because in my life this is not possible)

app aakhir main yeh bolna bhool gaye "Khayalon main".. (at the end you forgot to say this "In dreams")

I have to say that thanks to Nassr and Ticker (an unexpected and therefore all the more welcome advent), I find this a nourishing thread. Could I ask if it is still of interest, as the subject is unfortunately quite dry?

Sir,

Read my trolling above for fun, I know your thirst is too great to quench.. but likes of me are just not upto it.

Oh, I don't mind the banter. It's just that I don't always find the time to sit back and enjoy it. Not when there are such gripping questions being discussed. This thread has really crystallized my thinking about Pakistan.

I'm just grateful to get keen, sharp, young people asking such searching questions and forcing me to put various random thoughts into order.

Oh, I don't mind the banter. It's just that I don't always find the time to sit back and enjoy it. Not when there are such gripping questions being discussed. This thread has really crystallized my thinking about Pakistan.

I'm just grateful to get keen, sharp, young people asking such searching questions and forcing me to put various random thoughts into order.
JS, your posts are enlightening. thank you for sharing the wealth :tup:

Sir, propose some books or resources on Kashmir, pre-47 and after. I have been wanting to dig a bit deep into this topic!

Pakistan will continue providing moral and diplomatic support to Kashmiri Freedom Fighters. ;)
what kind of moral and diplomatic support have you extended to Ajmal Kasab after he was caught alive in mumbai????.

what kind of moral and diplomatic support are u going to extend to Abu jindal who is being interrogated in mumbai????.

ha ha .......... Himmat hai to cheer lo.

Kashmir maangein ge nahin ...........

zabadasti cheen len ge ............ Himmat hai to rok lo.

Tick Tick Tick clock is ticking Ticker and don't forget Zion Hamid with you. I will request Comedy Circus bring Zion Hamid next time with shakeel siddiqi. Thanks to many Pakistani for entertaining us.

Back
Top Bottom