What's new

How is TAPI different from IPI

deckingraj

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello friends...I was going through the below given news

The Hindu : News / National : TAPI pipeline: India signs important pacts

I am puzzled how this deal is going through whereas there were/are lot of hurdles when it comes to IPI...

Please remember that one of the irritant for GOI in signing IPI was iran's no obligation for the delivery of oil at India's border...I am interested in knowing how this irritant was resolved in case of TAPI...

Can someone please help??

Hello friends...I was going through the below given news

The Hindu : News / National : TAPI pipeline: India signs important pacts

I am puzzled how this deal is going through whereas there were/are lot of hurdles when it comes to IPI...

Please remember that one of the irritant for GOI in signing IPI was iran's no obligation for the delivery of oil at India's border...I am interested in knowing how this irritant was resolved in case of TAPI...

Can someone please help??

TAPI is a junk project expect USA is supporting it coz it will sabotage the IP project. In TAPI project Daultabad field gas of Turkmenistan will be transported to Pakistan (may be India) via Afganistan. Area through out is mountainous, under rebellion and Daultabad field can not sustain enough production for that project. Any amount spent on this kind of infrastructure by Pakistan India will be a total waste of money

TAPI is a junk project expect USA is supporting it coz it will sabotage the IP project. In TAPI project Daultabad field gas of Turkmenistan will be transported to Pakistan (may be India) via Afganistan. Area through out is mountainous, under rebellion and Daultabad field can not sustain enough production for that project. Any amount spent on this kind of infrastructure by Pakistan India will be a total waste of money

Well not going into the usefulness of the project, my question is that this pipeline will also come from Pakistan....so in essence the issue is similar to IPI, no???

Comon Guys, it is a very valid question and just one reply???

The US goal/objective is to isolate and strangle Iran economically. US is only interested in convincing Pakistan not to build Iran-Pakistan pipeline They don't care whether Daulatabad field in Turkmenistan can supply gas to Pakistan in the long term. Pakistan must look at its own interests. We must continue to build Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline on priority basis. The Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan pipeline can also be built in parallel but it is not an alternative to Iran-Pakistan pipeline.

Last edited:
The US goal/objective is to isolate and strangle Iran economically. US is only interested in convincing Pakistan not to build Iran-Pakistan pipeline They don't care whether Daulatabad field in Turkmenistan can supply gas to Pakistan in the long term. Pakistan must look at its own interests. We must continue to build Iran-Pakistan gas pipeline on priority basis. The Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan pipeline can also be built in parallel but it is not an alternative to Iran-Pakistan pipeline.

Buddy thanks for the try however i am not looking out for what US govt. wants or not...I am asking how is GOI looking at these two proposals differently??? One of the main issue with IPI was that gas is going to pass through Pakistan and GOI was assertive on making Iran accountable for delivery at India's border....My question is on what assurance GOI is going ahead with TAPI....

So far the luke warm response to this question makes me wonder if everyone is scratching their heads like me???

My question is on what assurance GOI is going ahead with TAPI....

The only assurance I can give you is that the gas pipelines from Pakistan to India will be bombed/sabotaged regularly by unknown persons/organizations.

Well not going into the usefulness of the project, my question is that this pipeline will also come from Pakistan....so in essence the issue is similar to IPI, no???

Comon Guys, it is a very valid question and just one reply???

For India IPI or TAPI have the same concerns. However, Indians backed out from IPI coz of American pressures. Now when it is ok with the TAPI projects proves that first pull out was American pressure!!!!!

Indians backed out from IPI coz of American pressures

Pakistan should concentrate on building gas pipeline from Iran to Pakistan and connect it to our domestic network. US is playing games and trying to delay and/or cancel these pipelines. While India is dancing with US tune so both are unreliable partners for gas pipelines to Pakistan.

For India IPI or TAPI have the same concerns. However, Indians backed out from IPI coz of American pressures. Now when it is ok with the TAPI projects proves that first pull out was American pressure!!!!!

That is what is confusing me because fact is that we have not backed away from IPI....the deal i still on, however concerns of TAPI and IPI are same....Now my question is whether GOI has managed to put accountability on Tajakistan for delivery of GAS on india's border something which is still being looked upon in case of IPI....

Pakistan should concentrate on building gas pipeline from Iran to Pakistan and connect it to our domestic network. US is playing games and trying to delay and/or cancel these pipelines. While India is dancing with US tune so both are unreliable partners for gas pipelines to Pakistan.

In my view Pakistan should more concentrate on coal gasification rather than import from Iran. Iranian gas will have adverse impact on our economy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom