What's new

How does AWACS work

Thunder

Reaction score
How does AWACS work?And PAF is buying these things from SAABs right.So how good is it?

Thanks

Originally posted by Awais@Nov 4 2005, 12:14 AM
How does AWACS work?And PAF is buying these things from SAABs right.So how good is it?

Thanks
[post=2232]Quoted post[/post]​

I think PAF is buying an airborne ground survillence radar and not an AEW !

this is saab 2000s cockpit

<div class='bbimg'>
0bd7d69a990d6b814418b4dc0424d958.jpg
</div>

What does this cockpit have to do with AWACs getting work? I know our PAF AWAC will be mounted on SAAB 2000, but is it AWAC which we are just acquiring? It looks more of an air borne radar rather than early warning system, but its so confusing, it looks like early warning system and air borne radar is the same thing, because air borne radar will provide everything that early warning system will provide, such as indication of an aircraft entering in Pakistan Airspace.

Originally posted by Ahsan F@Nov 5 2005, 10:06 PM
What does this cockpit have to do with AWACs getting work? I know our PAF AWAC will be mounted on SAAB 2000, but is it AWAC which we are just acquiring? It looks more of an air borne radar rather than early warning system, but its so confusing, it looks like early warning system and air borne radar is the same thing, because air borne radar will provide everything that early warning system will provide, such as indication of an aircraft entering in Pakistan Airspace.
[post=2346]Quoted post[/post]​
its good lucking

i was wondering the range of that nose mouted radar.

and since they will prbably put a difrent one in to give it a 360 coverage what range would this new nose radar be???

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 7 2005, 04:45 PM
its good lucking

i was wondering the range of that nose mouted radar.

and since they will prbably put a difrent one in to give it a 360 coverage what range would this new nose radar be???
[post=2460]Quoted post[/post]​

I dont know what radar they have put in it. There are no details out, but its probably the common radar supported by Erieye?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom