What's new

How can Pakistan Navy defend itself from Brahmos cruse missile ?

Bro do not mix "future projects" with current capabilities just because they share a name. The initial statement was like Brahmos have 600KM range which do not have.

Thank you for clarifying it now, may be you can edit that post as well and add that Brahmos WILL HAVE 600km range!!

290 KM is the declared range, to comply the MTCR regulation. Moreover, the range could depend on the flight profile and altitude, how much fuel is filled, and the software control. But the actual range of Brahmos-1 is more than 500 KM for sure. Brahmos-NG, which is in development too have the declared range of the 290 KM, but will be much smaller in size, so that they could be carried by other fighter planes other than MKI.

It is known that India already develop Brahmos supersonic cruse missile for its Navy and also develop a version for its air-force .How can Pakistan Navy defend with its current arsenal and what will be the future requirement to defend itself from both air launch and ship launch Brahmos cruse Missile .here is a relevant thread regrading how USN can defend Brahmos
How to defend Brahmos?- American analysis.

Russian_Indian_Brahmos_Supersonic_Cruise_Missile.JPG

by praying:lol:

290 KM is the declared range, to comply the MTCR regulation. Moreover, the range could depend on the flight profile and altitude, how much fuel is filled, and the software control. But the actual range of Brahmos-1 is more than 500 KM for sure. Brahmos-NG, which is in development too have the declared range of the 290 KM, but will be much smaller in size, so that they could be carried by other fighter planes other than MKI.

@zebra7
Actually the true range of brahmos is higher than 300kms however there is a mechanical construct in the engine design that prohibits the range to only 300kms.This was deliberately done by the russians to make it MTCR compliant. We cant modify the ramjet engine as we are bound by the treaty and we are not china! The only way we can enhance the range of this missile is by having the technology of the liquid ramjet-which we are gradually working on.Or somehow we obtain the IPR of russia's liquid ramjet.

@zebra7
Actually the true range of brahmos is higher than 300kms however there is a mechanical construct in the engine design that prohibits the range to only 300kms.This was deliberately done by the russians to make it MTCR compliant. We cant modify the ramjet engine as we are bound by the treaty and we are not china! The only way we can enhance the range of this missile is by having the technology of the liquid ramjet-which we are gradually working on.Or somehow we obtain the IPR of russia's liquid ramjet.

And What treaty exactly, because as far as I know, it is a JV of two countries, and the product of the Brahmos Aerospace, which have given the order to Godrej Aerospace to construct Brahmos Fuselage and otherparts which is an Indian contribution, and engine motors which is the Russian contributions and for the IA. So all the IPRs related to the development goes to Brahmos Aerospace, and they are the one which had taken various other technologies from other OEMs. Whatever change they have to make, India don't have to work on the technology, rather give their requirements to the Brahmos Aerospace, and when this OEM developed it, IA or IAF will place order.

Guys guys we are far off topic from the intent of the thread. Main topic: How will PN defend itself from Bramhos. Side topic: How will IN defend itself from Babur and Raad. Also the discussion is based on the Systems organic to these forces. It is important that we restraine here from getting into "My dady strongest..." pattern.

kid Chinese weapon system is million times better than yours, this place is not for yours go play your toys:lol:

kid Chinese weapon system is million times better than yours, this place is not for yours go play your toys:lol:
and how do you know that Chinese weapon system is unreliable and junk, and they can't invent, innovate new thing :hitwall:? and janes other respected defense site are incorrect:crazy: you guys knows everything about defense matters,others don't:blah::blah: what a poor little loser indians:lol:
TRUE. Now can we come down to what we have operational in our respective forces and how will those be used in the mentioned scenario?

Brahmos has a range of 300 km. And what exactly does PN have in its inventory?
Zarb with range of exactly 300km.

The AIP Agosta 90Bs are the only serious threat from PN. But you can't have all three on station at all times. There will usually be only 1 on station at any one time and in a conflict 2. We can handle 2 measly subs.
8 type 41,aswell.
Reports tell these subs will complete the nuclear triad.

Guys guys we are far off topic from the intent of the thread. Main topic: How will PN defend itself from Bramhos. Side topic: How will IN defend itself from Babur and Raad. Also the discussion is based on the Systems organic to these forces. It is important that we restraine here from getting into "My dady strongest..." pattern.

TRUE. Now can we come down to what we have operational in our respective forces and how will those be used in the mentioned scenario?
not just Babar and Raad but CM-400AGK, Zarb, C-802, C-803( a sizzler type weapon)

Zarb with range of exactly 300km.

8 type 41,aswell.
Reports tell these subs will complete the nuclear triad.
Now tell me which nation completed it's nuclear triad with max $625M submarine?

If that would be possible we wouldn't have made billions of dollars investment in Arihant class project.

If that would be possible we wouldn't have made billions of dollars investment in Arihant class project.
Same was said when pakistan was making nuclear bombs,I read somewhere i don't know where,when the issue of pakistan perusing nuclear tech was brought up into the international media it was said Pakistan with this economy won't be able to develop heck even sustain nuclear tech even if they did manage to get hold of it,they surely won't have any money to develop nuclear delivering tech(missile).You do know now where does Pakistan nuclear capabilities stand now.From 40km-3000km.
Pakistan isn't very stable when it comes to money,the best we have is the element of surprise,develop slowly and gradually,don't announce until is done .tested,tested again.There are alot of advancements being on both sides India can afford to do everything at once and tell the world even before it materialises, whereas we have to do it in batches and in secrecy.
Yes you are right no country has been able to complete it's nuclear triad by spending $625mil a piece but that was the payment for the hull,not the payment for underwater nuclear delivery tech.

Plus has there are NO Details of the which Type of Sub is selected or whether the deal HAS be signed officially!

So all the IPRs related to the development goes to Brahmos Aerospace

@zebra7
I have got my collegues in both brahmos and DRDL.Actually the IPRs of the engine lies with russians and not with brahmos- it is nothing but a rumour that brahmos has the IPR.We must acknowledge what is our IPR and what is not ours.For christ sake we are not pakistan- here almost everything is made public and transparent baring a few technologies! And secondly yes it is a mechanical construct and not software limitation @randomradio

Back
Top Bottom