What's new

How can Pakistan counter India’s ABM system?

Pakistan to developing a hypersonic missile for ABM was one of the suggestions in the new doctrine.

I dunno if its feasible but can we not make a missile with mirv capability with each warhead disintegrating into a dozen or so bombs a few kms above ground.. Launch 3 or 4 of these to an area if interest and the effect would be sort of a carpet bombing. Wont that help

Hi,

Air launched CM's from over the water from heavy strike aircraft are the most unpredictable and most damaging weapons---.

The opposite.

You can expect air traffic over the Arabian Sea to be minimal during wartime, so there's nothing unpredictable about large aircraft running rampant over the sea.

This is the area ABM capability where Pakistan lack right now.
Until we have credible system to counter and to pose same threat we will remain under threat in this specific scenario.

But, it always happens in case of Pakistan and India.
In one area we get edge in other they get edge.
TIT for TAT

But, it always happens in case of Pakistan and India.
In one area we get edge in other they get edge.
Leave alone even "always", is there any specific area Pakistan having edge?

I have never seen Pak having any edge except "our army is braver than gangus" comments on forums. "Parity" between India and Pakistan is a hoax and only exists in FB comment wars but is so non existent that it even can't be explained.

Leave alone even "always", is there any specific area Pakistan having edge?

I have never seen Pak having any edge except "our army is braver than gangus" comments on forums. "Parity" between India and Pakistan is a hoax and only exists in FB comment wars but is so non existent that it even can't be explained.
Hoax exists on both sides.
Once hoax like SU30MKI is the mini AWACS, Mig21 Bison can easily slay F15/16, PAF cannot use F16 against India, Spyder shield is unpenetrateable, our subs are black holes etc etc were very common.
A combat of few minutes busted them all.

Once hoax like SU30MKI is the mini AWACS, Mig21 Bison can easily slay F15/16, PAF cannot use F16 against India, Spyder shield is unpenetrateable, our subs are black holes etc etc were very common.
yes but we must not become complacent over such successes i fear this attitude

Totally biased answer dear,
Be mature and practical and then analysis scenario, you will find many things where both countries are having edge over each other,
I can mention many but I dont need to mention list,

Totally biased answer dear,
Be mature and practical and then analysis scenario, you will find many things where both countries are having edge over each other,
I can mention many but I dont need to mention list,

Hitting a straw man doesn't get you a counter argument.
India and Pakistan are a league apart and are just enemies, not rivials.

Land based Anti Ballistic Missile Technology (such as Patriot Missiles etc) cannot be fully effective in the Indo-Pak theater due to extremely short flight distances. With the number of nuke tipped multi-range and altitude missiles on both sides and relatively extremely short distances to prime target cities, the missiles will in all probability hot even before the ABMT batteries lock, load and launch.
With ew tactics in real world scenario the abm chain would be too late to intercept due to close proximity
Same happened to Saudi patriots batteries in that refinery attack
And to Russian s400 in Syria

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom