What's new

how can a PAF eagale can lock on AN IAF su-30!

My friend, Despite your tendency to dump ...............anyone else think their capabilities are.
I did'nt pay attention to the ELINT aspect of this episode really. Well I might be very wrong in my understanding. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Murad Sir, with due respect, till the PAF acquires the blk 52's its really a non starter.
After they do,then what you said is perfectly true.

well then was zardari stupid?his statements prevented this incident from becoming an international issue!if what we've inferred here is correct...then pakistan lost a major diplomatic battle that it could've easily won because of zardari's open support and loose comments...

Murad Sir, with due respect, till the PAF acquires the blk 52's its really a non starter.
After they do,then what you said is perfectly true.

Current (old) F-16s can fire AMRAAM, so what significant advantage does SU-30 hold? First see first shoot? Nope, AWACS will be monitoring Pak skies this year.
I suggest you do not tell a decorated fighter pilot his trade.

paritosh ths is our problem our president....well no not our president...because i don't think anyone considers him as our president!! zardari is hated by all and this incident just showed how naive he is!!! and how a traitor he is...!!

how about a chinese stalite eye, transfering info through our own"Erieye" in the skies?;):enjoy::cheers:

Last edited:
The integration of the phalcon awacs to ground station and su-30 will play a bigger role here.

Muradk having two pilots on Su-30MKI really helps in navigating the awacs info to R-77 ?

PAFS current F16 cannot match the SU30 MKI 1v1 Scenario.

Its not about Amraam c5 v R77/R27.

Its much more than that....

The su30 mki IS a brand new war plane designed first and mostly for air dominance.

Much like the USA twin engined F15 of USA.

The radar a Pesa bars is huge and searchs at over 200km

SU30 MKI carries IRST SYSTEM.

MKI carries israeli jammers

MKI carries far more fuel. AND indeed has twice the combat radius

Twin engined gives this more thrust and power.

Flankers by design are wonderfully agile.

The warning system gives flankers huge advantage to see first and react.

Best od all flanker carries upto 12 BVR/WVR missles

Its often described as a mini awacs.

PAFS current F16 cannot match the SU30 MKI 1v1 Scenario.

Its not about Amraam c5 v R77/R27.

Its much more than that....

The su30 mki IS a brand new war plane designed first and mostly for air dominance.

Much like the USA twin engined F15 of USA.

The radar a Pesa bars is huge and searchs at over 200km

SU30 MKI carries IRST SYSTEM.

MKI carries israeli jammers

MKI carries far more fuel. AND indeed has twice the combat radius

Twin engined gives this more thrust and power.

Flankers by design are wonderfully agile.

The warning system gives flankers huge advantage to see first and react.

Best od all flanker carries upto 12 BVR/WVR missles

Its often described as a mini awacs.

I suggest you read multiple threads on this forum about this MKI vs. xyz topic before posting information lacking context. Every aircraft has +/- and MKI is no different. There have been situations where the negatives have been exploited.

I did'nt pay attention to the ELINT aspect of this episode really. Well I might be very wrong in my understanding. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I understand you point and thus not suggesting that members should be going nuts over reported lock-ons. However did want to point out that there is more to this situation than meets the eye. ;)

I understand you point and thus not suggesting that members should be going nuts over reported lock-ons. However did want to point out that there is more to this situation than meets the eye. ;)

blain2;sir
thats what, i mean " there is more to this situation than meets the eye"!:tup:;):enjoy:
thanks for the contribution, sir looking forward, for your guidness.:agree::tup:

Current (old) F-16s can fire AMRAAM, so what significant advantage does SU-30 hold? First see first shoot? Nope, AWACS will be monitoring Pak skies this year.
I suggest you do not tell a decorated fighter pilot his trade.

I dont really feel like telling you more. Ask other senior members like blain or Keys(Where is he btw? Havent seen him for a while now.) to explain the difference.

It makes a huge difference, the MLU or the new blk 52's. Till then,-no go.

i think it was a intentional step taken by IAF knowingly. other wise SU30 will know arrival of F16 a long before they know themselves. may be to provoke a skirmish or some other objective:agree:

hi guys
the point is not getting a lock on

it is what is gonna happen next in the present situ.;)

I dont really feel like telling you more. Ask other senior members like blain or Keys(Where is he btw? Havent seen him for a while now.) to explain the difference.

It makes a huge difference, the MLU or the new blk 52's. Till then,-no go.

That's rubbish and you know it, that's why you don't feel like telling me more.
From http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article2.html
FTT-3 tape (MLU Tape 3)

* Datalink
* IFF interrogation
* Horizontal Situation Display
* DTS integration
* Cockpit color screen implementation

You're saying MLU F-16s can't datalink with Erieye when we all know MLU kit includes addition of Link-16 capable communication gear. Even though some people say that only MLU Tape 3 will be given to F-16s, this link shows it includes datalink. Erieye, datalink and AMRAAM is all the old F-16s need and everybody here knows they will have all three very soon.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom