What's new

How Bias in Text books fuels division in Pakistani society

I was out of this thread, but your post deserves a response: The burden of proof lies on the party making the claim. If anyone claims objectionable material in Pakistani textbooks, then it is up to them to provide the primary reference source. Pakistanis themselves are fine with the books being taught to their children, and if they have any objection, they have a perfectly valid due process to follow in making any changes agreed upon.

That proof has been discharged, dear Haider bhai. In evidence, there is no fixed burden. The onus of proof keeps shifting from one party to the other. Once the initial burden of proof has been discharged, then the onus shifts to the other party to a) disprove the evidence adduced, b) adduce their own evidence to support their claims. Our side has provided enough evidence for the onus of proof to shift on to the persons claiming otherwise. So far, all that we have gotten in return are bland denials and refutation. That does not amount to a discharge of the burden of proof and the onus does not shift onto us. The great researcher is wrong in asking us to PROVE everything. After we gave our references, it is for the great researcher to DISPROVE, and that cannot be done by simply saying, "Reject! Reject!! Reject!!!"

Look, in order to support your contention that there is a valid process for making changes, you gave two references, including a list of parties who are supposedly involved in the consultation process for setting the curriculum. I personally think that @Asif Durrani rightly pointed out that a) merely having a process is no safeguard in a system rigged at inception, and b) the parties mentioned are as likely as any to meddle with the syllabus to its detriment. But notwithstanding what I think, point is, at least you did give some references to prove your argument, as opposed to the great researcher who simply relies on the self-proclaimed greatness of her clever ideas.

at least you did give some references to prove your argument

In fact @Syed.Ali.Haider is not denying that Pakistani text books are not exactly promoting secular & liberal views, his stand is that such text books are working for Pakistan to build their own narrative of their nation, and it is for Pakistanis to decide what they should teach their children, we can just sit over the fence and wonder. As always, he is quite clear in his thought, and I agree with both of his points.

He is not someone who would treat a debate like a football match where he would dodge, dribble, push, tackle, go round round, run, foul, handball, and keep shifting the goalpost if all else fail, like one esteemed member does in every other thread to support radicalism and conspiracy theories.

Yeah...googling something is so easy, right? Then why didn't you simply google your way out of this debate instead of simply giving first principle arguments? If googling was so easy, you should have been able to produce enough references of your own to prove your assertions, and not just your own self-important words.
OK troll, I am going to answer your last question and show you what you sound like:

Because googling is so easy you indians are stuck to it....Because it doesnt give you all the answers you need , no one uses GOOGLE as their reference in anything!

If even now you dont understand what you wrote sounded nothing better than stupidity - and this is me putting it nicely- then god bless you .....Hope you get well soon

My appeal to all Pakistanis who are debating here, is to provide link to actual text books which are taught in Pakistan for year 2014 or 15
If textbooks were available online do you think people here would be churning BS?

I tried finding actual books online but could not find it. There is some portal started by Punjab government where online books can be found but it does not have history books.
Exactly hence giving all the trolls on the planet to make up their own self satisfying BS!

I am out of this thread coz ONLY people with a made up mind set are trolling to get answers they want! Not to learn or discuss!
This is called trolling/ BS and also a pinch of inferiority complex where you are showcasing what you think you are bashing! For those who dont understand and cant comprehend it means, you come to this thread to bash an education system but you end up showcasing your lack of knowledge and your skills show your failed education system.

Anyone quoting me henceforth will be reported for trolling as I have made it clear I am not interested in talking to trolls nor do the forum rules allow it!

The title should be:

How bias Textbooks fuel misguiding and disinformation in Indian society.

Because googling is so easy you indians are stuck to it....Because it doesnt give you all the answers you need , no one uses GOOGLE as their reference in anything!

No one cites google in a footnote. They cite articles found through a google search. Your duplicity and machinations are endless!

In fact @Syed.Ali.Haider is not denying that Pakistani text books are not exactly promoting secular & liberal views, his stand is that such text books are working for Pakistan to build their own narrative of their nation, and it is for Pakistanis to decide what they should teach their children, we can just sit over the fence and wonder.

As @Slav Defence would say, "Bingo!". :D

No one cites google in a footnote. They cite articles found through a google search. Your duplicity and machinations are endless!

It's about convenience dear, sometimes worthless mullah websites can come handy as killer proofs to prove mumbo-jumbo conspiracy theories like 9/11 or 26/11 terrorist attacks were inside jobs by the respective governments and their secret services to malign innocent terrorists and their equally innocent patrons.

In hindsight, I should have kept playing humpty-dumpty in that 9/11 thread from page 9 onward, but I felt like a goat to continue it beyond a point: 9/11 : Then and now ( Photos )

----------------------------------
However, if someone wants an exit now, we should be gracious enough to grant a corridor.

See you around. :)

Last edited:
It's about convenience dear, sometimes worthless mullah websites can come handy as killer proofs to prove mumbo-jumbo conspiracy theories like 9/11 or 26/11 terrorist attacks were inside jobs by the respective governments and their secret services to malign innocent terrorists and their equally innocent patrons.

In hindsight, I should have kept playing humpty-dumpty in that 9/11 thread from page 9 onward, but I felt like a goat to continue it beyond a point: 9/11 : Then and now ( Photos )

----------------------------------
However, if someone wants an exit now, we should be gracious enough to grant a corridor.

See you around. :)

I saw the thread. Too much she is, really! You know, she reminds me of this aunt who sometimes says such endearingly clueless things. Except that she is endearing because her ignorance is benign. She does not support terrorists, nor does she engage in holocaust denial (the great researcher is also a holocaust denier, btw).

"There is nothing of concern there...A Muslim is asked to study religious studies (which basically are bible studies) in the secular West or have ethic classes with examples given from the bibles but God forbid a Muslim country teaches non Muslims Islamic material"

The separation of church and state in most Western countries has removed the study of bible passages. In the US, this has extended even to the removal of Christmas song singing (Christmas SONGS being those which talk about the secular aspects of the holiday - snow, family gatherings, etc). In the past 30 years in Ontario, Canada, school curriculum has gone from reciting the Lord's prayer to teaching the differences between Hinduism and Judaism and a concerted effort to include the study of the faiths of the native peoples.

Some people just need to crawl out from under the rock they live, indeed.

Now, if you believe that a predominantly <enter religion> state has the right to expect those who do not belong to that faith to study it, please feel free to argue the with supportive arguments (a love of a profit does not equate to hate of other religions was great) and leave out the tit-for-tat ire. 'An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth leaves the world blind and toothless.'

Back
Top Bottom