What's new

How Bangladeshis see India

Indians are taught by their media and politicians about myth that india is honey pot and there are floks of illegals from Bangladesh pouring in. All these baseless indian myth are just disguise for hate and fundamentalism against its own Bengali speaking Muslim population.

Ask any Indian here.

Bangladeshis are visible in all the Cities here. :rofl:

The Mukti Bahini were "forced" to surrender the weapons because there was a genuine concern that the Mukti Bahini would gun down the captured and surrendering Pakistani forces. Since Bangladesh was not recognized, the Mukti Bahini were not bound by Geneva Conventions which deal with surrendering forces and the treatment meted out to them. India had to protect the Pakistani troops.

The Mukti Bahini were "forced" to surrender the weapons because there was a genuine concern that the Mukti Bahini would gun down the captured and surrendering Pakistani forces. Since Bangladesh was not recognized, the Mukti Bahini were not bound by Geneva Conventions which deal with surrendering forces and the treatment meted out to them. India had to protect the Pakistani troops.

Are you inventing HISTORY.

Muktis were never unarmed rather BD army was made by the core of Muktis. Irregulars surrendered their arms volunturily after the Indian army left. They were kept armed until the last forein troops left our territory just in case.

^ you beat me at that. Also mukti bahini were predominantly civilians and went out of control at the end of war. biharis and rajakars who are moaning here would have mowed down had IA not seized all the weapons.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

My comment was for jackdaws.

^ you beat me at that. Also mukti bahini were predominantly civilians and went out of control at the end of war. biharis and rajakars who are moaning here would have mowed down had IA not seized all the weapons.

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

My comment was for jackdaws.

If you do allow me.

Indian army ceased weapons from Pakistani army and took them away which should had returned to BD army. What you are trying to say that Indian army ceased weapons from Muktis which was totally baseless and impossible. It was only Sheikh Mujib under his command irregulars surrendered weapons to BD army.

If you do allow me.

Indian army ceased weapons from Pakistani army and took them away which should had returned to BD army. What you are trying to say that Indian army ceased weapons from Muktis which was totally baseless and impossible. It was only Sheikh Mujib under his command irregulars surrendered weapons to BD army.

Not me but the article accuses india of taking muktis weapons.

Well, I disgusted by this article anyways.. has no connection with ground reality.

Indians are taught by their media and politicians about myth that india is honey pot and there are floks of illegals from Bangladesh pouring in. All these baseless indian myth are just disguise for hate and fundamentalism against its own Bengali speaking Muslim population.

These things are not taught but is to be experienced.

Visit to Mumbai anytime , I will be your host and help you meet many of your people.

i'd be interested to get further feedback on Bengali opinion of this, especially in light of recent border encounters --many in which un-armed civilians have been shot dead by trigger happy indian forces

the article also doesn't take into account mukti bahini (and backed by india) ethnic cleansing of biharis --which is most unfortunate

These things are not taught but is to be experienced.

Visit to Mumbai anytime , I will be your host and help you meet many of your people.

Been there, but did not see much bengalis there.

For nearly nine months Pakistani soldiers routinely raped Bengali women, razed houses and shot unarmed villagers in a campaign of terror designed to intimidate and pacify East Pakistan. That brutality became one of India's justifications for attacking in the East, and critics of U.S. policy pointed it out as a reason why the U.S. should not be associated with the military regime of Islamabad. Sadly, but perhaps inevitably, brutal acts of revenge by the other side are following India's military triumph and the establishment of what is now the People's Republic of Bangladesh.
In Dacca last week, a rally held to seek the release of the imprisoned Bangladesh leader Sheik Mujibur Rahman suddenly became a public execution. Four trussed-up men who had been accused of assaulting Bengali women were brought to a public park near the Dacca Race Course, where the rally was being held. As thousands of spectators cheered, the men were tortured for more than an hour and then bayoneted to death. Other prisoners, particularly razakars, or members of the army-backed East Pakistani militia, have been summarily executed since the war ended. What distinguished the Dacca incident was the fact that Western newsmen were on hand to record the scene and send out photographs despite the determined censorship efforts of Indian authorities.
To deter that kind of visceral revenge all across Bangladesh, Indian troops were doing their diplomatic best last week to disarm the guerrilla Mukti Bahini, who now number about 100,000. The Bengalis' desire for retaliation against their oppressors was intensified by evidence that Pakistani soldiers had committed atrocities even after it was apparent that the war had been lost. In Dacca, Indian troops discovered a mass grave containing the mutilated bodies of 125 of the 400 leading Bengali intellectuals who had been kidnaped in the last days of the war. They had apparently been killed a few hours before the Indians took control of the city. If Bengalis seek revenge for such murders, they may slaughter many of the estimated 1,500,000 Biharis—or non-Bengali *******—who now constitute an imperiled minority in the new state.

Full article -

BANGLADESH: Vengeance in Victory - TIME

Diplomatic best--- thank you very much. you would be going home in a month-- so enjoy your stay here...

hehehehehehe:P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom