What's new

Horror in coloring book(UNBELIEVABLE)

Star Wars

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Tesco has apologised after a horror-themed colouring book featuring gruesome pictures of blood, knives and screaming victims was marketed at children as young as five.

The book, called Colour Me Good - Arrggghhhh!!, features graphic drawings to colour in taken from famous horror films, including the man with nails in his head from Hellraiser, the woman holding a knife by her face from Misery, and a straitjacketed Anthony Hopkins in The Silence Of The Lambs.

Grandfather Chris Tuckwood came across the 16-page book while he was searching for a birthday present for his seven-year-old grandson, Reece.

article-2353414-1A9DB170000005DC-984_634x624.jpg

article-2353414-1A9DB23B000005DC-744_634x584.jpg

The blurb on the back cover says the book contains 'really scary stuff' and 'more blood than you can shake a dagger at'.

Inside, there are line drawings of iconic stills from terrifying 18-rated films aimed at adults, including Fatal Attraction, The Shining, and Carrie and A Clockwork Orange.

Mr Tuckwood, 56, of Derby, who found the book on Tesco's website, said: 'It was advertised as being suitable for kids from five to eight - I don’t think so.

More...
The end of a six-week summer holiday? Every school will be free to fix their own term dates under new proposals
How heartbreaking that this human slug's deluded victim is trying to turn his crime into a love story

'It is unbelievable that they can sell such a thing aimed at kids. I don’t think I have to say why it’s unsuitable, that much is obvious.

'Who on earth are they employing that thinks this is OK?'

A Tesco spokesman said the product was placed on the company’s website by the book’s publisher.

He said: 'We have very clear guidelines for third-party sellers who list items on our website, and are sorry that on this occasion they weren’t followed.

article-2353414-1A9DB21C000005DC-673_306x423.jpg

Fury as Tesco sells horror-themed colouring books 'for five-year-olds' with scenes from The Shining and Silence of the Lambs | Mail Online

Whoa....WTF? That is nuts. I can't believe they even let this get to print. I can't imagine it is a big seller but for that to be marketed at 5+ yr olds is seriously twisted.

I'm afraid I'm a bit concerned about the person that thought this was a good idea to market to kids. What the heck were they thinking?

I would think you could make plenty of money marketing this to adults, fans of horror. Why kids?
I would think the bunny would be the most traumatizing of those three, they probably wouldn't get the other two.

Idiots.

Tesa cohens (tesco) creation for young Israeli children, by the time they become adults they will have no fear in mutilating, screwing, butchering the Palestinians.

Please don't play with their fragile minds. Must be fun for you, but the effects in them can be long lasting.

Doesn't matter in a country like Pakistan where fear is instilled into young mind from a young age in the name of religion....

Doesn't matter in a country like Pakistan where fear is instilled into young mind from a young age in the name of religion....

And i wholeheartedly wish the situation to improve, where children can grow without fear.

And i wholeheartedly wish the situation to improve, where children can grow without fear.

Constant fear mongering destroying young minds..kids grow up confused and the result is what is happening in pakistan.

Please don't play with their fragile minds. Must be fun for you, but the effects in them can be long lasting.

So sayeth a man with a hedonistic psychopath as the avatar and notorious secret society as the title :coffee:

Though I must say that Japanese are really fked up in that sense and the material available for children there is astonishing from any moral pov.

Back
Top Bottom