What's new

HJ 12 E Anti Tank Next Gen Fire and forget missile launchers for Pakistan army

So you are here to bully
retrodigitalmedia_20210609_092044_3.jpg

India's ATGM stocks are larger than Pakistan, mainly comprising of Konkurs, Milan ( both made in india) as well as smaller quantities Of Spike( frontline units) and Kornet. India also has 25,000 Invar Anti tank cannon launched missiles for T90 tanks, this missile has been made in india since 2013 . I don't think Pakistan has similar missile for it's tanks , even if it does the quantity may not be large enough.
Where is the source of your data?

Pakistan has been making baktar shikan or hj-7 since the late 90s.

It’s expected that Pakistan has some 150000 stocks of generation 1 /2 weapons. In 2011 Pakistan had stocks over 65k you can search on the forum for this data

It has been developing generation 2 since late 2000

Now the focus is on generation 3 the Chinese version of the javlin

Along with that, I personally know that Pakistan had significant stocks of air launched tow 2

And ground launched tow 2 on m113 in significant numbers so much so that I believe an independent heavy anti tank brigade exists in the strike corps in Sind

Pakistan also has significant numbers of tank launched ATGM for alkhalid , alkhalid 1 , T-80 and type 89a and the latest Chinese tank VT-4 that paksitan uses

ATGM based phalanx weapons have been a Pakistani strategy to counter Indian / Russian tanks since the late 70s ………

So please provide sources

K

Spike using fiber optic wire during initial phase. HJ12 in Pakistani inventory has never been confirmed but can not be ruled out

I thought it was confirmed and sighted. Curious 🤨

Where is the source of your data?
Whatever I said is available on the open web. You can verify it if you want to
Pakistan has been making baktar shikan or hj-7 since the late 90s.
I've known that for quite some time.
It’s expected that Pakistan has some 150000 stocks of generation 1 /2 weapons. In 2011 Pakistan had stocks over 65k you can search on the forum for this data
There is no data to prove that, not that I can find. Kindly share a link or something. Even the Chinese won't hold ATGM stocks in such bloated numbers. did you factor in the shelf life of the missiles you're referring to ? If you had 65K stocks in 2011 then half of those would have been retired by now. India has always maintained anywhere between 75-85K stocks of these missiles. Pakistan has an advantage in ATGM:troop ratio though. But India has quantity and better quality.
It has been developing generation 2 since late 2000
Indian army inducted Gen 2 Milan wayyy... back in the early 1980s.
Now the focus is on generation 3 the Chinese version of the javlin
Generation 3 missiles have been around for quite some time , javelin came out in the late 90s . You're 20 years late 😶. IA operates Israeli spike classified as a 4th Gen ATGM
. Spike is a fire-and-forget missile with lock-on before launch and automatic self-guidance. The missile is equipped with an imaging infrared seeker
Along with that, I personally know that Pakistan had significant stocks of air launched tow 2
Pak has anywhere between 1500-2000 operational air launched TOW-2s in it's inventory, most of these are already past their service life and will probably be retired . Information regarding the same is available on vats Rohit's blog.
India has similar numbers of air launched hellfire missiles bought with the apaches. We also have a stock of shtorm ATGMs bought for our Mi35 fleet. Recently we purchased NLOS for our mi17s , dhruvastra is as good as inducted.
And ground launched tow 2 on m113 in significant numbers so much so that I believe an independent heavy anti tank brigade exists in the strike corps in Sind
PA corps hold one HAT battalion in corps reserve. PA divisions are given a single LAT battalion. IA RAPID and armoured divisions also have R&S units which are equipped with a variety of APCs and IFVs capable of firing these missiles. Infact all BMP2's in IA service can launch konkurs missile with 6-7 held for reload. M113 requires modifications for the same. You need to study more about your enemy's forces.
Just so you know sir, PA had bought 24 M113s with mounted tow missiles from US in the early 80s. All of them are held by IInd strike corps in Multan, Not in sindh.
Most likely PA has a single HAT battalion comprising of m113 mounted TOWs.
Pakistan also has significant numbers of tank launched ATGM for alkhalid , alkhalid 1 , T-80 and type 89a and the latest Chinese tank VT-4 that paksitan uses
2,000 invars were bought in the late 90s with T80s from Ukraine. I haven't come across any data on the web that PA placed a repeat order for the same. India bought the same missile from russia in 2010. 10,000 were imported directly from Russia and 15,000 were produced in India under ToT agreement with the OEM.
ATGM based phalanx weapons have been a Pakistani strategy to counter Indian / Russian tanks since the late 70s ………
What ? Seriously? I mean wtf !!!! Even the americans didn't have this capability in the 70s:crazy:
So please provide sources

K
I've wasted enough time on you

Last edited:
Last edited:
Tank warfare is not obsolete. That's why APS is such a greater emphasis on newer tanks. Look at Korean K2 which was the first MBT to begin placing huge emphasis on good APS. Prior to that only some Soviet APS systems that were relatively after thoughts rather than reliably effective. Israeli Trophy is not too much better than those 1980s Soviet era ones. Nor is GL-5.

Then K2 came around with AESA modules, expensive sensors all over the tank and various passive laser warnings. Most modern MBTs have those but not the AESA units everywhere. T-14 after that showed similar emphasis and now M1X.

Emphasis on APS due to threat to tanks mostly being drones, helicopters, and ATGM launched from either vehicles of man operated. APFSDS rounds are not the types of ammunition contributing to most tank kills of modern warfare. Although DTC-10 showed surprisingly decent armor penetration but lesser than long piece ammunition used by NATO tanks because the automatic loader design simply has to make use of shorter APFSDS until Type 15 tank. India's tank force and anti tank force is slightly inferior to Pakistan's in capability but it is in far superior numbers when comparing similar generation equipment.

Indian tanks currently do not use any hard kill APS. Traditional ATGMs (not top attack) can be effective against most tanks and against all tanks from side shots.

Until all Indian tank ERA are more than capable of defeating all ATGMs in PA service, there is little need for top attack ATGM. Chinese guided artillery rounds and anti tank artillery rounds have been purchased by PA in some limited numbers.

All HATs, and LATs as well, are all based on M113 or their variants.
I'm not talking about the HJ 8 missiles mounted on talhas and M113s , In the early 80s, Pakistan Army also imported 24 M-901 Improved Tow Vehicles from the USA. These are dedicated TOW missile platforms based on M-113 APCs. Did pak army perhaps mount TOWs on domestically produced M113s ?
M901_PA_2-Corps.jpg

@PanzerKiel
It turns that you're indeed right sir .
Just came across this picture of an HAT company under X corps's 23rd division
228-AK-HAT-Coy_2015-Parade.jpg

Pak army has mounted TOWs on domestically produced M113s
I apologise for my ignorance 🙏

Last edited:
I'm not talking about the HJ 8 missiles mounted on talhas and M113s , In the early 80s, Pakistan Army also imported 24 M-901 Improved Tow Vehicles from the USA. These are dedicated TOW missile platforms based on M-113 APCs. Did pak army perhaps mount TOWs on domestically produced M113s ?
View attachment 888562

@PanzerKiel
It turns that you're indeed right sir .
Just came across this picture of an HAT company under X corps's 23rd division
View attachment 888563
Pak army has mounted TOWs on domestically produced M113s
Its a decades old thing now... That HAT company and M 901 ITVs..... Now there are whole complete units mingling about.

Back
Top Bottom