What's new

HIT floats tender for the development of Remote weapons station with 12.7mm anti aircraft gun for advance armoured fighting vehicle

Muhammad Saftain Anjum

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
HIT floats tender for the development of Remote weapons station with 12.7mm anti aircraft gun for advance armoured fighting vehicle.

IMG_20220326_104453_369.jpg

IMG_20220326_104405_977.jpg

So HIT is developing armored fighting vehicle.
@HRK

HIT floats tender for the development of Remote weapons station with 12.7mm anti aircraft gun for advance armoured fighting vehicle.

View attachment 827456
View attachment 827457

So HIT is developing armored fighting vehicle.
@HRK
yes HIT had a programme for IFV but previously VIper IFV was fitted with Turra 30mm turret and BTW not the first tender for remote weapon station

following is the clear copy of the 1st page of tender
Remote Weapon Station Tender HIT.jpg

Why is there not a huge effort on drones.
Armenia and Ukraine has clearly shown armor is yesterday's tech

Why is there not a huge effort on drones.
Armenia and Ukraine has clearly shown armor is yesterday's tech

You clearly have missed the Drones Juma Bazar , Pakistan Military has setup aquiring

Chinese 50+
Turkish ???+

Drones and also creating locally
manufactured drones

Chinese Bird
1648391060221.png

Turkish Bird
ezgif-5-aef6ed7160.webp

Made in Pakistan , Shahpar II (Size of a small Truck)

SHAHPAR-II.jpg

Let us not forget Indias already have felt the wrath of our Kabotar Commandoe
1648392175593.png

Last edited:
It’s not HITs job that’s why, the tender can be taken up by any local or foreign company. They aren’t directly asking for a foreign product.
Does this necessarily mean HIT is developing and indigenous AFV if you know anything about this project could you please tell us more about this.

TB2
Akinci
Wing Loong 2
Shahpur 2
PAC MALE UCAV (soon)

Have all been inducted
I agree with all above. But we need indigenous workable drones that are operational and man portable. These should be issued at unit levels to not only take on armour but also troop concentrations to cause havoc amongst enemy.
The tech is available I pakistan but it not being applied.
An example of this is our western border and balouchistan where our soldiers are regularly attacked

Does this necessarily mean HIT is developing and indigenous AFV if you know anything about this project could you please tell us more about this.
HIT working on a handful of projects at the moment. This RWS isn’t for a single vehicle, it may end up on more than just an AFV/IFV (VIPER project was still ongoing last we heard, so it’s likely related to that).

HIT has been seen working on RWS systems for Future models of the Al-Khalid, similarly this system can even be fitted to current APCs, used as a stationary system etc.

It might be that they have decided to outsource this part of the project as they couldn’t make it themselves (I totally believe they have the capability to do so, but it’s not HITs domain to make this stuff, their job is to manufacture heavy machinery first and foremost, there’s plenty other Pakistani companies that can make an RWS for them.)

HIT working on a handful of projects at the moment. This RWS isn’t for a single vehicle, it may end up on more than just an AFV/IFV (VIPER project was still ongoing last we heard, so it’s likely related to that).

HIT has been seen working on RWS systems for Future models of the Al-Khalid, similarly this system can even be fitted to current APCs, used as a stationary system etc.

It might be that they have decided to outsource this part of the project as they couldn’t make it themselves (I totally believe they have the capability to do so, but it’s not HITs domain to make this stuff, their job is to manufacture heavy machinery first and foremost, there’s plenty other Pakistani companies that can make an RWS for them.)
Thanks for the reply.

Talking about HIT projects.... That 155mm howitzer they had been working on.... What's the progress ?

Talking about HIT projects.... That 155mm howitzer they had been working on.... What's the progress ?
No idea. We’ll only hear more about it once the army starts showing more interest in that and towed howitzer procurement in general. I’ll be visiting HIT soon however, I’ll see if I get anything related to that project out of the visit.

Back
Top Bottom