What's new

History of Vietnam or What do you want to know about Vietnam?

Which god viet workship ???

According to Pew Forum figures, most of the Vietnamese practice indigenous religions, worshiping local spirits, gods and mother goddesses (45.3%), as these religions have experienced a revival since the 1980s.

Buddhism is the second-largest religion with 16.4% of the population adhering,

around 8% of the Vietnamese are Christians (mostly Catholics),

and around 30% are religiously unaffiliated. Roman Catholicism, Caodaism, and Hoa Hao are the largest religions after Buddhism.

Smaller minorities of adherents to Hinduism, Islam and Protestantism exist.

Religion in Vietnam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think Au Co Mother Godness is played most importance role, base on legendary, she was mother of all Vietnamese.

Statue of Mother Au Co in Camau province.

01meaucocamau.jpg

VHStories: Đền thờ Quốc mẫu Âu Cơ - Cà Mau

Last edited:
it:butcher:

it is different times my friend, Hanoi can be demolished without one Chinese step foot over the border :flame:

Suicidal re-attacks shall be done in China, like Three Georges Dam, nuke power plants, ...etc to be targets for revenge actions.:sarcastic:

IS there any plans to abandon the communist party?
No, unless such a scenario occurs (I hope not): At a sudden greedy China invades and successfully subjugates Vietnam. A non-communist hero arrives at the scene and expells the dirty Chinese out of the country. He or She will become Emperor of Great Vietnam. So or similar had happened in the past. No joke. Bitter history.
IS the Vietnam China situation much like the China Soviet situation of the past?
No, the situation is different. The Soviet Unions collapsed becaused its economy collapsed. There is no real threat that China and Vietnam would share the same fate. Both economies are flourishing.
But from what I can see due to size and population we have not only matched by outperformed the Russians in terms of economy, and it is only a matter of time before we do so on other fronts.
If all continues to progress with the pace what you achieved in the last 3 decades, then your rise is unstoppable (and that is not necessary a good sign for Vietnam). Putin wants to revive his empire. He has the tools to achieve: giant landmass, huge natural resources, modern army and smart people. Don´t underestimate the Russians!
How does Vietnam see itself?
we are small and live under the shadow of China. That is depressing. Although we have successfully expanded our territory since we started the South March, but it is still too little. :cry:
How will Vietnam react, because unless something crazy happens and we go back to cultural revolution China and Vietnam becomes Meiji or post war Japan, there is no way Vietnam will ever surpass China, it's a simple matter of we got 10 times the population and a bunch more land.
In the last 100 years Vietnam suffered a lot under the boots of foreigners. All we wish is peace and prosperity. I hope we both can manage the sea dispute (actually we always had and have all of some sorts of disputes with you in the last 1,000 years, since we became independent).

As for Japan, it was a strategic mistake of Vietnam to follow Chinese model until 19 century (closed doors). If we had adopted Japan model (Meiji), the history would take another road.
So what is Vietnam's role and future relationship with China? Are we going to be a UK, US relationship?
If history is a guide, I guess, then Vietnam will behalve to China like we had done under the Ming and Qing dynasties. With a bit modification this time. Vietnam would accept Chinese supremacy in Asia, formally. Instead of paying tributes, we would establish free trades and non-aggression pact. China would honor Vietnam by accepting our dominance in Indochina. You dominate economics, we can play in our backyard. Win-win situation.

I assume a US-UK like relationship is unlikely, but we should never say No.

@Viet
There wasn't such thing of Chinese model of "closed doors". It is a unreasonable concept created by westerners especially British who failed to earn $$ from China (the Qing government even earned more from the UK than the UK from Qing before the Opium War).

If China was "closed doors", then the whole Europe was as well. Since every European countries had policy to stand against with each others' influences on international trade.

Japan was really a special case because its political model was smiliar to western countries. Ottoman Turkey and Mughal India were very "open doors" back in that days. You know what their consequences were.

Last edited:
40 million Cantonese have their paternal blood lineage from native people, no Han.

Who are they ?

Human, mankind, Han people, Cantonese, Chinese.
You are not one of these above for sure. 
hmmm...I guess it is the same reason similar to why China wanted to annex Vietnam.

All Vassal States of China were considered as part of China, such concept is pretty different with western/ modern concept about "border".
Korea and Vietnam were different. Korea was poor, weak, useless and stupid to the central government, while Vietnam was (much) better.

Last edited:
@Viet
There wasn't such thing of Chinese model of "closed doors". It is a unreasonable concept created by westerners especially British who failed to earn $$ from China (the Qing government even earned more from the UK than the UK from Qing before the Opium War).

If China was "closed doors", then the whole Europe was as well. Since every European countries had policy to stand against with each others' influences on international trade..
Really? I was told after the Qing refused to open haven for trades, the British used cannons.
Japan was really a special case because its political model was smiliar to western countries. Ottoman Turkey and Mughal India were very "open doors" back in that days. You know what their consequences were.
The British forced Japan to open haven for trades, and they did it. Japan quickly adopted western techniques and became a modernised country at the beginning of 20 century.

@Viet @EastSea who are Tai people.
to put it simple, Tai people are those who speak Tai language. And what the hell are they?
Well, they are mostly Thai people today.

people%2FTaiSiameselady.jpg

Siamese Tai Dancer 
All Vassal States of China were considered as part of China, such concept is pretty different with western/ modern concept about "border"..
you are too greedy.
Korea and Vietnam were different. Korea was poor, weak, useless and stupid to the central government, while Vietnam was (much) better.
that is new to me.

Really? I was told after the Qing refused to open haven for trades, the British used cannons.

The British forced Japan to open haven for trades, and they did it. Japan quickly adopted western techniques and became a modernised country at the beginning of 20 century.

They never refused to open their gate, but they did set for some restrictions as the way we modern countries do nowadays.(You don't easily let outsiders to know and control your country right? Besides the Qing government knew what those westerners did to India and other African, East South Asia people)

"Refusing to open the doors" is a lie/ unfair concept given by the British to Chinese people, and Chinese people adopted/ believed it. That is why they told you so.

You know China was trying to do what Japan did right (洋務運動)? The difference is, China failed.

Last edited:
Who is Tai people? You are right, they are not Viets, but do they look Cantonese or Southern Han? For me, they look more Thai than Chinese.

Tai women in China
800px-Dai_minority_in_China.JPG

Those are Dai women from Yunnan. They are a southwestern Tai people, related to other southwestern Tai like Laotians and Thai people.

Dai people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zhuang and Bouyei people are central Tai and Li people are in their own category of Tai people. These people are descendants of the Tai who lived in Nanyue.

Zhuang people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bouyei people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Li people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tai languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taikadai-en.svg

Austro asiatic people came from somewhere in Yunnan, not Guangdong.

you are too greedy.

that is new to me.

Being greedy is the way to become the masters of the world, but of course being greedy is not enough, you have to be greedly WISELY. And people wonder why US, China and Russia are so freaking big.

Korea during Ming and Qing Dynasty was really nothing but a useless nation.

Those are Dai women from Yunnan. They are a southwestern Tai people, related to other southwestern Tai like Laotians and Thai people.

Dai people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Zhuang and Bouyei people are central Tai and Li people are in their own category of Tai people. These people are descendants of the Tai who lived in Nanyue.

Zhuang people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bouyei people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Li people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tai languages - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Taikadai-en.svg

Austro asiatic people came from somewhere in Yunnan, not Guangdong.

You didn't answer my question:

40 million Cantonese shared paternal blood lineage from Native males, no_Han. What kind of ethnic group they belong to ?

Don't lie that they are Zhuang. because Zhuang people in Canton is less than 1 million.:rofl:

You didn't answer my question:

40 million Cantonese shared paternal blood lineage from Native males, no_Han. What kind of ethnic group they belong to ?

Don't lie that they are Zhuang. because Zhuang people in Canton is less than 1 million.:rofl:

You should know that people are really tried of your sh!t.

Do you know how to do math?
40% of Guangdong (Cantonese) paternal lineage being native, means that 60% of their paternal lineage is from northern Han people.
30% of Zhejiang paternal lineage being native, means that 70% of their paternal lineage is from northern Han.
That means in both cases, the majority of their paternal ancestry (from their father's side) is from northern Han people.
That's exactly what it said in the links I posted.
How Han are Taiwanese Han? Genetic Inference of Plains Indigenous Ancestry ... - Shu-Juo Chen - Google knygos
How Han are Taiwanese Han? Genetic Inference of Plains Indigenous Ancestry ... - Shu-Juo Chen - Google knygos

Over 60-68% of Cantonese have paternal descent from northern Han. Ethnicity in Vietnam and China is traced through the father. Kinh, Han, Miao, Yao, Manchu, Mongol, and Koreans all trace ancestry through the father and ethnicity is inherited from the father. They are called patrilineal and patriarchial societies for a reason. Even today, the Minh Huong and Hoa in Vietnam trace their ancestry through their father. 60% is majority, do you know how to do math?

How Han are Taiwanese Han? Genetic Inference of Plains Indigenous Ancestry ... - Shu-Juo Chen - Google Books

You idiot don't even know the ancestors of Northern Han and Southern Han were not all the same. Northern Han people are the posterity of Shatuo, Khitan, Xianbei, Huaxia (posterity of Han Dynasty [natives]) and other ancient Chinese ethnicity, yet Southern Han are the posterity of Baiyue and Northerners (Huaxia/ people immigrated to the south from time to time).

4. Today, the term Han means not only about a particluar ethnicity, but a synthesis of a variety of nationalities living together within the geographical environment in China. It is a cultural community created in cultural exchange & combination. (translated by KA)

-- [Hakkan and Taiwan] 江運貴

=================

Suicidal re-attacks shall be done in China, like Three Georges Dam, nuke power plants, ...etc to be targets for revenge actions.:sarcastic:

So cute.

Last edited:
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom