Historical burden: Pak still owes India Rs 300 cr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshi

BANNED
Reaction score

Historical burden: Pak still owes India Rs 300 cr​

fullstory

New Delhi, July 6 (PTI) Pakistan is yet to clear a pre- partition debt of Rs 300 crore to India, which has been carrying forward year after year in its Budget account as a "liability".

The Budget books refer to this Rs 300 crore as "amount due from Pakistan on account of share of pre-partition debt."

The amount was entered as a liability in the first Budget of independent India in 1950-51 and has been there ever since.

But this a measly amount compared to the union government's total liabilities that total Rs 34,95,452 crore and accounts for just 0.008 per cent of the total liabilities.

However, in 1950-51 this amount accounted for more than 10 per cent of India's total liabilities of Rs 2,865.40 crore and nearly 10 times of India's total external debt of Rs 32 crore.

Surprisingly, New Delhi has not added interest to this amount since its entry in the books.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Firstly, this is a news from Press Trust of India. So I hope that all the reverse claims should be from credible Pakistani sources as well(not Zaid Hamid types).

Secondly, it's not a huge amount I know. But anyone would not prefer to owe a single penny to their "existential threat".

Thirdly, I am proud of Indian Govt. on this issue. GoP which routinely asks compensation for Indus water from India, would have got a better reply that you already owe us 300 crore rupees(without any inflated value and without any interest), but thankfully to the maturity of GoI this issue never came up in 60 years. :cheers:

That clearly implies that India do not want to hurt Pakistan in any way, even when many in Pakistan may find solace in imagining so.

Yes Its true that pakistan is owing India a sum of rs 300 cr as the pre partition debt... well Yes Indians are so Kind that , We do not want to Hurt you all.. But fact is a fact.. isnt it

Ok.. Why don't both the countries clear whatever they owe to each other ,, Pakistan pay 300 crore to India .. India pay back the territory and water she has stored violating the water treaty... Lets make it a deal.:welcome:

Ok.. Why don't both the countries clear whatever they owe to each other ,, Pakistan pay 300 crore to India .. India pay back the territory and water she has stored violating the water treaty... Lets make it a deal.:welcome:

there's a difference between disputed and established,my friend

We don't want the money. But the timing of this news coming out can't get any better.

If you are talking about the chenab river, then India will provide Pakistan 200,000 acre-feet water as compensation for the reduced flow of water in the Chenab River, Federal Minister for Water and Power Raja Pervez Ashraf said.:coffee:

ok WHAT NONESENSE!!! INDIA owes PAKISTAN not the other way around!!!

at partition everything was under indian government rule and everything was supposed to be divided in this way....1/3 of finance and military hardware goes to PAKISTAN and the rest 2/3 stays with INDIA!! the CENTRAL bank was located in BOMBAY!!! don't know how can the indians come up with such absurd claims!!!!

at partition everything was under indian government rule and everything was supposed to be divided in this way....1/3 of finance and military hardware goes to PAKISTAN and the rest 2/3 stays with INDIA!! the CENTRAL bank was located in BOMBAY!!! don't know how can the indians come up with such absurd claims!!!!

Obviously sir, Pakistan was not bloomed from earth, it was ripped apart from India, so it obviously has to obey the prepartition laws formed by the Indian govt. And more over we do not want the money from pakistan , If India would have wanted it, it would have taken it ages ago..:cheers:

I said at the start of the thread, that any reverse claim should be accompanied by credible sources. Grandmother's stories should only be left for bed-time.

I expect better replies.

Obviously sir, Pakistan was not bloomed from earth, it was ripped apart from India, so it obviously has to obey the prepartition laws formed by the Indian govt. And more over we do not want the money from pakistan , If India would have wanted it, it would have taken it ages ago..:cheers:

awwwwwwwww INDIA is so KIND and nice....am i supposed to cry now like in BOLLYWOOD.... that india is not asking for money...and i like the word RIPPED....and as for DUES well all i say is we wish to have our share back of the 1/3 that was our rightful due....in military hardware & finance..... and when you talk about INDIA wanted it it would have taken it....hahahhaha i wonder how....please elaborate....by sending SUNNY DEOL over to our CENTRAL BANK i think?? :enjoy::lol:

awwwwwwwww INDIA is so KIND and nice....am i supposed to cry now like in BOLLYWOOD.... that india is not asking for money...and i like the word RIPPED....and as for DUES well all i say is we wish to have our share back of the 1/3 that was our rightful due....in military hardware & finance..... and when you talk about INDIA wanted it it would have taken it....hahahhaha i wonder how....please elaborate....by sending SUNNY DEOL over to our CENTRAL BANK i think?? :enjoy::lol:

Well Sir, I thought I was speaking to a well Knowledgeable person till now, You proved it all wrong. we would have taken that along with the wars that were fought before... And yes you do accept that bollywood heroes are far better than your army men..:bunny:

On a side thought just to annoy you lot of squabbling people.
At partition Pakistan was in two parts, East and West. Well since Pakistan is now only one bit the other now Bangladesh perhaps some of this is due from there?
Sounds fair, but I am sure there will be a few disagreements on this anyway..

But have fun..
:enjoy:

Reactions: Neo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom