What's new

Historical Background of Pakistan and its People

Damn we are busted now. There goes our theory of the origins of Pakistan. Busted we are fellow Indians and by TheEnrichedOne too. We may as well resign our memberships of PDF. The EnrichedOne is onto us :wave:

Its ok. It must suck to lack intelligence, and then look like a bigger fool by presenting misguided information. :hitwall:

No he didn't. Its not proven. Stop spreading your propaganda.

Clearly, you need more enrichment. Who constructed the Viharas in Taxila? How come stupas inscribed in Pali and bearing Asoka's names were found in that area?:coffee:

Hi all,

This I believe is a rather controversial area and has always been on my mind. I've been born and brought up in the UK and I always come across westerners and particularly Pakistani's themselves associating their cultural dogma (which is in fact of indian origins and since they are ignorant of their own Pakistani culture)like to associate themselves to Indians. They are tremendously ignorant!

Well when westerners approach me with such comments I always provide them with a brief history of Pakistan which goes back several hundred years. It just irritates me that many Pakistani's are not aware of Pakistan's true history and that many of us are infact of central asian, russian, european, persian or arabic descents believe it or not. Well if you don't believe me go for a DNA test and you'd discover your true lineage.

Therefore, at this day and age when we have established our own internationally recognized state, why don't we practise our true culture such as considering the national language to be Persian (Farci)? Since more than half the population can understand Farci and are of persian descents? I don't personally have anything against Urdu but i'd like to understand why not farci? Even majority of the works of the great poet of Pakistan Allama Iqbal has his literature in Farci.

Another issue I do not understand is why do Pakistanis particualrly those from the Punjab regions still practise Indian traditions? Are they of Indian descents? I'm certain majority of them are not!:argh:

I apologise if my comments may seem ignorant to you but I wish to understand from other individuals perspectives rather than my own.

Share your thoughts!
;)

You might have seen such Pakistanis in UK, but in Canada there is no such thing:disagree:

:rofl::rofl: just check the highlighted word in red. We have already banned many of Bharatiyas who were having same problem of using the word and we have no doubt you are hiding behind Our lovely flag.

And as far as the fact bwahahahha You Know what even if you make me Queen of England i would not like to claim myself to be of Indian origion in exchange for that.

So get a life man Pakistanis dont like to be called themselves Hindustani origion

Indians dont like being called Bharatiyas or whatevr version of the word you use repeatedly.So just like you dont want him to use Hindustani to describe Pakistani's...you stop using Bhartiya etc for Indians. Understood?

By the way, one way or the other everyone can trace their lineage to Africa as has been well documented; so we are all Africans whether you choose to believe it or not is your choice but its the fact.

maybe those hand full of Pakistanis enjoyed bollywood so much that they decided to change their identities once in a while :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You cut and pasted everything you wrote from wikipedia and re-wrote it. I'm on to you Indians.

And here is a quote from a non-Indian source. With links of course.
The Edicts of King Ashoka were carved onto pillars of stone 40 to 50 feet high, and set up all around the edges of the Mauryan Empire as well as in the heart of Ashoka's realm. Dozens of these pillars dot the landscapes of India, Nepal, Pakistan and Afghanistan.
Ashoka the Great Biography

Indians dont like being called Bharatiyas or whatevr version of the word you use repeatedly.So just like you dont want him to use Hindustani to describe Pakistani's...you stop using Bhartiya etc for Indians. Understood?

By the way, one way or the other everyone can trace their lineage to Africa as has been well documented; so we are all Africans whether you choose to believe it or not is your choice but its the fact.
U dont lyk that han, tell me what kind of words do members of Baharat rakshak use for us?? :hitwall::hitwall:

The highlighted portion of this post is just emotional jargon. If an Indian had to reply to this jargon they could be forgiven for example saying that "we were just returning the favour in 1971 for what you did to India during partition" but that would sound just as ridiculous as the statement contained above

lol, i'm emotional? wait till you visit this link and see how emotional you indians are:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members-club/52316-sania-mirza-marry-shoaib-malik-25.html

This topic has been beaten to death in these forums.

You serious or are you just joking? If you're serious, then your crazy to say the least. Urdu being highly influenced and sharing words and structure with Farsi is one thing and understanding is a completely different thing.

Farsi : Iranian language of the Indo Iranian branch of the Indo European languages

Urdu : Central Indo Aryan language language of the Indo Iranian branch of the Indo European languages

Before reading the next sentence, come out of any myopic and/or prejudiced mindset:-

Standardized Hindi and Urdu are very much alike, so much that their differences are not enough for linguists to classify them as entirely different languages. They are considered dialects of a common language referred to as Hindustani language. Even when they are written in different scrips (Nastaliq as opposed to Devanagari), and have differences in phonetics, they are still considered dialects of a common language by linguists.

Persian influenced Urdu poetry widely but Urdu and Persian are very much different and not considered dialects of a common language.

Gopi Chand Narang, awarded Iqbal Centennary Gold Medal by the GoP and Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri by GoI for his contributions to Urdu had the following to say:-

"Associating Urdu with the Muslims in India is part of a political conspiracy against this composite language which was born out of a cultural interaction between the Hindus and the Muslims. The communalization of Urdu is part of its politicization which has occurred in the last half century. In fact, it is part of the hangover of the two nation theory which stands discredited by historical events in the subcontinent.

"Nevertheless narrow minded politicians on both sides of the border unwittingly subscribe to it. Pakistan is a nascent nation. Naturally it needs a language and a cultural core which it may call its own. The bigger problem lies in India where presently Urdu's association with the Muslim minority is exploited as a vote bank. In India, I have yet to come across a leader of a political party, left or right, who does not praise Urdu for its charm and elegance, yet these leaders are indifferent to its linguistic rights".

The language dispute only went to show the lack of objectivity among the populations, both of whom sought to dominate each other at the fall of the Mughal Empire. If Canada can adopt French and English in parallel, the lack of such an agreement in British India only highlighted the irrationality of the population.

The Urdu-Hindi struggle has forced our historians (read state historians who distort history for political purposes) to present Urdu as a symbol of Hindu-Muslim differences and somehow a factor contributing to demand for Independence. The controversy has been settled, in all practical purposes by the GoI and the widescale adoption and general understanding (read unfamiliarity with Persian/Nastaliq script) of Devanagari script has coerced Urdu scholars in India so much so, that they have adopted Devanagari for Urdu publications as well (some magazines are published this way).

You can have reservations on cultural practices that are in direct and utter conflict with Islamic values but any non religious tradition should have no objection. The way in which mullahs have grabbed and distorted history is visible by the fact that Basant is somehow presented to be a "Hindu" event and stories of o the origins of Basant are conjured from thin air. You can hear every tom, dick and harry telling that either Basant originated from massacre of Muslims in Andlusian Spain or Sikhs killing Muslims in Kashmir in the early 17th century. Across Africa, Muslims have not rejected traditional mythical practices and continue to live in relative peace and harmony with other religious communities. Somehow Hindus and Muslims did not fight bitterly for a long long period (small instances and exceptions do not count), but the fundo mullah of today in Pakistan has created a new intolerant brand of religion that advocates utter rejection of any existing cultural practices and animosity towards all other communities. If the Muslims living throughout the Indian subcontinent did not have any major objections in celebrating such practices throughout centuries, why should their be objections now? Were those muslims somehow inferior ones and today's muslims of Pakistan somehow the "real" muslims?

As I said, practices in direct violation of religious beliefs should be discourages (but practitioners not be termed "kafir" for god's sake) but other common traditions should have no objections.

Celebrating the diversity of our existence is somehow unacceptable to many people. There is no point in trying to identify ourselves as distinct people. We are diverse within the boundaries of pakistan as well. The Balochs have a distinct ancetry as compared to the Punjabis, Sindhis are different from Pathans, Sheedis are different from the Kalash people. Indian is one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse places on Earth. We are diverse people. We came from diverse backgrounds. Trying to force a cohesive religious-nationalistic ideology was the way the state found was neccessary to gather people against a common enemy. There is no need for identifying ourselves as distinct, for we know we are.

One of the best postings on PDF: analytically sound and deeply thought. Thanks sparklingway

Please elaborate. There is nothing derogatory about comparing anyone to Africans (I assume you mean the African-Americans). But I would still like to know what you mean. If you do not wish to respond, please delete your post.

You better elaborate why Indians are like Africans...you clearly meant it in a racist manner. You have disgraced all Pakistani members and insulted Indians and Africans. You should apologise to all or get banned...Moderators??? anyone???

Fort the record there is NOTHING wrong in being African but its you who meant it in racist and derogatory manner of discrimination by skin color.

Yo, What in the name of .... Is going on, Stop this craps at one, Mods plz close the thread,

Back
Top Bottom