What's new

Hinduism and Talibanism:Did hindus destroyed Buddhist& jain temples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not per se, just not too happy with all the proselytizing. Why is it that most people who are targeted are poor people with very little education, why if your arguments are very good, can't you convert highly educated individuals en masse? If someone is promising that his God is better & can get you a place in heaven, I believe that he/they should be asked to back up the claim or be booked under section 420 of the IPC.

Hah! Custard!! Anybody proclaiming God should be locked up; why bother wasting time about the proof?

There is a lot of stuff online about Zoroastrianism and Fire.

Nemase-te Atarsh Mazdao Ahurahe hudhao mazishta yazata!

(Hail unto you, O fire of Ahura Mazda, O beneficent and most great guardian spirit.)

One that is a little more than a dummy's version

http://www.pyracantha.com/Z/atarsh.html

Ok thanks. interesting to see such a small community give so much to India. I think you guys should speak up more or even floa a political party like Anna, why not?

Off to see the lawyers. Try not to kill each other for the next four hours!

I just believe that in India, exposed as we have been enough to all the great world faiths for way enough time, it is enough and more for people to know what each is and has to offer.

If they are interested they will come to you.

Do not go after them. It is disrespectful. It breeds resentment. It is at the core of anti-missionary backlashes.

Ok thanks. interesting to see such a small community give so much to India. I think you guys should speak up more or even floa a political party like Anna, why not?

There was such a party.

It was called Piloo Mody.

I think speaking up has never been a problem for our community.

Most times, its how and when to shut up.

If Indians were all Buddhists at least right before Islam arrived, we would had a good chance at resisting it better. But we had a bunch of narrow minded leaders. Can anyone here tell me how to defend caste to my Western counterparts? They go on and on about the Untouchabels and such.

Not true, parts of Afghanistan and modern day Pakistan,had significant number of Buddhists, which were swept by Arab caliphates, almost no mention of resistance there.

Also at the same time, the man responsible for one of largest death toll of Muslims, Chengiz Khan and his later Khans, were Buddhists and believed in Shamanism.

The part about resisting foreign invasion has more to do with military tactics rather than religion.

Not per se, just not too happy with all the proselytizing. Why is it that most people who are targeted are poor people with very little education, why if your arguments are very good, can't you convert highly educated individuals en masse? If someone is promising that his God is better & can get you a place in heaven, I believe that he/they should be asked to back up the claim or be booked under section 420 of the IPC for cheating. Individuals converting on their own accord is strictly no one else's business.

Well thats easy most educated ppl who are religious are comfortable where they are in life. The poor associated with being illiterate and uneducated, suffer more. Im not defending conversion but like you said when folks cant read how can they inform themselves? When you dont have a TV or electricity, then how do you inform yourself? Being arrested for cheating can be subjected to all religions even Hindu concepts so be careful what you ask for. Being stuck in a low caste is a miserable life, right or wrong? When I state the obvious about how some Swami;s have called for certain Hindu practices and beliefs to be changed, folks say it wont work. But if you look at Hinduism throughout time, it has changed to become more versatile. If the article in the post did anything, it should highlight how powerful forces in any religion like the Vatican in Christianity, brahmins in Hinduism, powerful mullahs in Islam, all manipulate religion for some gain.

At the end of the day, atheism with a little bit of buddhism is the right way to go it seems.

Not true, parts of Afghanistan and modern day Pakistan,had significant number of Buddhists, which were swept by Arab caliphates, almost no mention of resistance there.

Also at the same time, the man responsible for one of largest death toll of Muslims, Chengiz Khan and his later Khans, were Buddhists and believed in Shamanism.

The part about resisting foreign invasion has more to do with military tactics rather than religion.

Good points and I see where that counts. But if you look at all factors, they are all indispensable. Religion creates pacifism, creates wedges, lack of military skills and tech, etc. all play a role. The reason why I pointed out Buddhism was that there are militant elements, look at the Sinhalese? When Islam arrived to those part you mentioned, they attacked and destroyed their centers of learning. They were totally unprepared for it.

In Tibet? Because they were buddists people were so confused if they should fight that china easily invaded them.

I think speaking up has never been a problem for our community.

Most times, its how and when to shut up.

I rather listen you guys then our damn politicans. Hell, at least you care about India and your intentions are good for the most part. I know what I am saying is very general but you judge by actions and it speaks volumes.

In Tibet? Because they were buddists people were so confused if they should fight that china easily invaded them.

Thats; true. But then look like at how tough the Vietnamese are

There was such a party.

It was called Piloo Mody.

Are they still around?

Hey do you ever think Netajt Bose was assassinated by the Brits? I know comopeltely unrelated to topic but the Britsh feared him. they thought out of anyone, he would be most capable to re organize India since he topped his civil servant examination.

Well thats easy most educated ppl who are religious are comfortable where they are in life. The poor associated with being illiterate and uneducated, suffer more.

Therein lies the grouse. Of exploiting their suffering to add to one's numbers.

Im not defending conversion but like you said when folks cant read how can they inform themselves?

Bein poor and uneducated has no connection with one's faith and what one learns fom the cradle.

Being stuck in a low caste is a miserable life, right or wrong?

Its a leg up to the mediocre in modern India. Witness the rush to get caste certificates before the boards.

Religion creates pacifism

Not all religions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom