What's new

Hillary Clinton put in Hot Seat by Pakistani Media

I also saw this program, I have a question , if Pakistani journalists belonging to different channels portray/show what actual Pakistani thinks, then what is the mean of 356 members parliament ?
The journalist are not under anybody's political pressure.

I watched all of the parts posted above. You may not like everything she said but I think she was being honest and as forthright in public as she is allowed to be. Many of the military/intelligence questions are not hers to answer on behalf of the USA. She cannot make drone policy, for example. And the drone questions are, apparently, deep deep secrets between the PA, ISI, CIA and ISAF that she is not authorized to discuss publicly. All in all, I think she did an excellent job answering the Pakistani media's questions. I thought it was interesting that none of the Pak media types would answer her as to why the 1000 US marines invasion of Islamabad story wouldn't die.

and we think she was cornered when the point was raised that no diplomat come on the roads in 3am morning.

She wasn't able to answer so many questions~ typical american type.

You missed the point, the jehadi thinking has got hold of educated urbanised youth and is not just relegated to uneducated tribals....and rather than isolated cases seems to be a growing trend.

Obviously the millitary cant control anyone after they are no more its part, but a change in agenda would go a long way in rooting out the menace.

two deutschbag from thousands of students my friend is not a trend. they are people that hold extreme views in all strata of society.

‘Military or civilian, best man should head ISI’

“Whoever heads ISI, he should be competent and the best choice (of Pakistan),” she said. Clinton concluded that she was unaware of recovery of arms from US personnel arrested in Islamabad the other day.

she is surely good in making funny statements
what she trying to say that until this sh*t kerry luger bill, the ISI heads were selected and imposed by talibans and chinese :coffee:

two deutschbag from thousands of students my friend is not a trend. they are people that hold extreme views in all strata of society.

I am inclined to agree with the above statement. In any event no military can prevent its infiltration of extremists anywhere in the world. How it deals with the infiltration once it learns about it is the important issue. Recent moves by PDF to stop the intake of extremists is commendable

Hillary Clinton admits US role in prevailing situation of Pakistan

WASHINGTON: The US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton Friday said that the US was also partly responsible for the present conditions in Pakistan as it virtually abandoned country after the Soviets left Afghanistan.

“It wasn’t a bad investment to end the Soviet Union, but let’s be careful what we sow, because we will harvest. So we then left Pakistan.”

“We said, okay, fine, you deal with the Stingers that we’ve left all over your country. You deal with the mines that are along the border. And by the way, we don’t want to have anything to do with you,” Clinton said testifying before a Congressional committee, reported US media.

After the downfall of the Soviet Union, Clinton said, the US stopped dealing with the Pakistani military and with the ISI. “We can point fingers at the Pakistanis, but the problems we face now, to some extent, we have to take responsibility for having contributed to.”

Clinton said the US has a history of moving in and out of Pakistan.

“I mean, let’s remember here, the people we are fighting today we funded 20 years ago. We did it because we were locked in this struggle with the Soviet Union. They invaded Afghanistan, and we did not want to see them control Central Asia, and we went to work,” she said.

“It was President (Ronald) Reagan, in partnership with the Congress, led by Democrats, who said, you know what? Sounds like a pretty good idea. Let’s deal with the ISI and the Pakistani military, and let’s go recruit these mujahidin.”

“And great, let’s get some to come from Saudi Arabia and other places, importing their Wahhabi brand of Islam, so that we can go beat the Soviet Union. And guess what? They retreated. They lost billions of dollars, and it led to the collapse of the Soviet Union,” Clinton said.

And what is happening in Pakistan today is a result of that policy, she acknowledged, so the US should also take a part of the responsibility.

Hillary Clinton admits US role in prevailing situation of Pakistan

Pakistan ‘hard to believe’ on Al Qaeda: Clinton

LAHORE: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton struck an assertive tone in Pakistan on Thursday, hitting out at its government over Al-Qaeda and calling for better management of the economy.

Clinton has spent the last two days in Pakistan trying to bolster the civilian government and counter rising anti-US sentiment in the Muslim nation.

But after pressing her message — the US desire to turn a new page in its relations with Pakistan after mistakes of the past — she appeared to get annoyed during talks with senior editors and business leaders.

The most senior US official to visit since President Barack Obama put the nuclear-armed state at the heart of the war on Al-Qaeda, Clinton took issue with Islamabad’s position that the Al-Qaeda leadership is not in Pakistan.

‘Al Qaeda has had safe haven in Pakistan since 2002,’ Clinton told senior Pakistani newspaper editors in the country’s cultural capital, Lahore.

‘I find it hard to believe that nobody in your government knows where they are and couldn’t get them if they really wanted to,’ she added.

‘Maybe that’s the case; maybe they’re not gettable. I don’t know... As far as we know, they are in Pakistan,’ she added.

She also showed impatience with criticism of a record US non-military aid bill giving Pakistan 7.5 billion dollars, which the army and political opposition have slammed for violating the country’s sovereignty.

‘At the risk of sounding undiplomatic, Pakistan has to have internal investment in your public services and your business opportunities,’ Clinton told businessmen, taking swipe at tax evasion in the cash-strapped country.

‘The percentage of taxes on GDP is among the lowest in the world... We (the United States) tax everything that moves and doesn’t move, and that’s not what we see in Pakistan,’ she said.

‘You do have 180 million people. Your population is projected to be about 300 million. And I don’t know what you’re gonna do with that kind of challenge, unless you start planning right now,’ she said.

A US official, speaking to journalists on board Clinton’s plane from Lahore to Islamabad, said there was nothing contradictory in her remarks and her mission to strengthen ties between the United States and Pakistan.

Pakistan’s relations with Washington, on whom it depends for cash and weapons to fight Islamist militants bombing the country, can be uneasy.

Obama’s administration wants to broaden engagement with a country whose people traditionally see the United States as interested only in securing its military cooperation in the fight against the Taliban and Al Qaeda.

Clinton has already committed 85 million dollars to countering poverty, 125 million dollars to improving Pakistan’s woefully inadequate electricity supply and 104 million dollars to law enforcement and border security assistance.

At the weekend she will meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian president Mahmud Abbas separately as the United States seeks to unblock stagnant peace efforts in the Middle East.

She is due in Morocco on Monday and Tuesday for talks with Middle East and Group of Eight countries about promoting economic and political progress. —AFP

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Pakistan ?hard to believe? on Al Qaeda: Clinton

Its sad she said that. I dont see Pakistan-America relations improving after what she said.

No country has made more sacrafices than Pakistan has in this war. No country has lost so many of its People (both civilians and the military) than Pakistan has in this war. No country has lost so much money because of this war. No country ever had millions of Internally Displaced People, who went through so much and some are still refugees in their own country because of this war.

If Pakistan knew where Al Qaeda was we would've captured them and stopped this miserable war in our region.

This statement by Mrs Clinton even made me turn against her and just yesterday I was praising her for trying to improve Pakistan-America relations.

I'm not going to post any more pictures of Mrs Clinton.

Last edited:
This statement by Mrs Clinton even made me turn against her and just yesterday I was praising her for trying to improve Pakistan-America relations.

all that visits to mosque/bari imam was just a public stunt. Now see the true colors of US of "A". it's nothing new, asusual an american barking :blah:

the sooner we realise that america is an enemy the better for us.

Given her pathetic diplomatic skills, Hillary Clinton is probably the least qualified person to be a Secretary of State. Within US domestic politics, she is one of the most polarizing figures, which is why the Republicans openly rooted for her against Obama in the primaries.

By appointing her SoS, Obama has skillfuly maneuvered her in a position where she can't hog the domestic media or cause trouble at home. And, knowing her diplomatic 'skills', he has made her post largely ceremonial, and diluted her powers by appointing special regional czars.

Although a diplomatic buffoon, Hillary is not stupid. She knew she couldn't refuse Obama's offer and knew the trap into which she was maneuvered. You can tell how angry she is by her periodic outbursts, including the one in Ghana about "channeling" her husband.

Love it-

"The US is not pressurising Pakistan to accept the Kerry-Lugar legislation and the country can refuse to take the aid package, US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said on Wednesday.

'There is no pressure on Pakistan to accept the aid,' she said."

Turn it down. Can anything be more plain or do you talk out of your azzes in this country while stuffing your hands in our pockets?

Time for you to walk the walk behind Logic's brave talk of "DEATH TO AMERICA" here since none here have the the courage to shut her up.

Or are you gutless?:usflag:

Hillary only said what the rest of the USA is thinking,,,along with most of the rest of the world

all that visits to mosque/bari imam was just a public stunt. Now see the true colors of US of "A". it's nothing new, asusual an american barking :blah:

the sooner we realise that america is an enemy the better for us.

Yes. America, India, Iran, Russia, and the rest of the world except China are your enemies and the sole cause of all your problems and misery. Pakistan would have been a great successful country if the rest of the world except China did not exist :pakistan:

Yes. America, India, Iran, Russia, and the rest of the world except China are your enemies and the sole cause of all your problems and misery. Pakistan would have been a great successful country if the rest of the world except China did not exist :pakistan:

No, our main enemy is India.

Russia has been an all-weather friend to India and Iran is concerned about the Saudi influence in Pakistan. As for the West, it is merely pampering India solely as a a counter to China -- no other reason.

Don't let it get to your head.

I am not sure if it's wise for me to say this but to some extent I think it's not that all fair for her to take all the blames on behalf of US for what the Bush administration has done. Obama administration basically inherited the current situation in Afghanistan and later Pakistan. Obama administration is simply trying to make the most out of it for US.

Back
Top Bottom