What's new

Highrises and Skyscrapers

54799724_2173263806092830_346133570458222592_n.jpg

This look like Dubai in early 2000s, very nice. I did not know Karachi was so developed in parts.
According to a report more than 100 high rise buildings are U/C in Karachi, In few years Karachi will have a decent skyline InshAllah !

fullpage ad trade zones karachi English jpg  1200×1957 .png
Coming soon

Official video of Emaar Crescent bay project shows around 50 different high-rise towers planned + one iconic tower of maybe 70-80 floors.Currently 6 towers are U/C.

Video looks old but still great angle !

سبحان الله

The first thing that came into my head when I saw this thread in recent posts was the Hadith from Bukhari Sharif that the Bedouins will compete in constructing tall buildings and knowledge will disappear.

No intention of derailing this thread....

Do city in Pakistan have a central area like a Central Business District where the high rise and financial sector are concentrated? I just look at the Karachi skyline and it seems quite spread out.

سبحان الله

The first thing that came into my head when I saw this thread in recent posts was the Hadith from Bukhari Sharif that the Bedouins will compete in constructing tall buildings and knowledge will disappear.

No intention of derailing this thread....
Uhm, might want to look at the religious citys like madina and makkah. Why is it the likes of you wake up when something productive and proactive happens in Pakistan. Stop taking Islam out of context. Do you know what would happen if we stopped building up? We would start building horizontally. Do you know what happens then? Less land to grow food, then what? Famines and food prices reaching the sky like these towers do. So either the towers reach the sky or your food prices do.

Do city in Pakistan have a central area like a Central Business District where the high rise and financial sector are concentrated? I just look at the Karachi skyline and it seems quite spread out.
There is one location, where the financial buildings are, but the others are residential buildings that are moving towards the coastline

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...re-dhaka-prompts-people-to-jump-from-building

!!!

This is one of the reasons why i’m Against it and I can understand the hikmat behind the Hadith
That's a simple fix. Just because the roads in Romania has holes in it doesnt mean people should stop building roads. Dont compare different countries infrastructure especially with Bangladesh

Uhm, might want to look at the religious citys like madina and makkah. Why is it the likes of you wake up when something productive and proactive happens in Pakistan. Stop taking Islam out of context. Do you know what would happen if we stopped building up? We would start building horizontally. Do you know what happens then? Less land to grow food, then what? Famines and food prices reaching the sky like these towers do. So either the towers reach the sky or your food prices do.

There is one location, where the financial buildings are, but the others are residential buildings that are moving towards the coastline

That's a simple fix. Just because the roads in Romania has holes in it doesnt mean people should stop building roads. Dont compare different countries infrastructure especially with Bangladesh

I understand where your coming from. I recently went house hunting in Multan and saw over 50 houses - nearly all of them were empty...and visited a lot of new development sites/societies again which were only 20% full. My point is our cities are expanding but we actually have a lot of houses and societies which are empty - this needs to be addressed otherwise we will end with a housing slump or ghosts towns as seen in Turkey.

Every Tom, Dick and Harry is putting their money into property - which has resulted in a massive housing boom. The government needs to introduce the green belt principle which is used in the UK and ensure that towns do not spread beyond what is necessary. The census should also be used to assess the housing issue.

I would even suggest that commercial units / factories which have been closed for years should be converted into housing to fulfill the housing need.

Would appreciate positive feedback

Back
Top Bottom