What's new

High profile terrorists busted in Pindi

doosron ka to mujhe pata nahin hai laikn zeeshan kii mein guarantee(which is not acceptable) laisakta hooon kay he was not wrong, anyways apnay apnay views kii baat hai may be your views are different than mine

Those men accused have to be given a fair trial and there has to be solid evidence to convict them. If there's no evidence, then they are innocent.

what do you think giving an evidence is a big deal in a country like palistan come on budddy face the reality........

doosron ka to mujhe pata nahin hai laikn zeeshan kii mein guarantee(which is not acceptable) laisakta hooon kay he was not wrong, anyways apnay apnay views kii baat hai may be your views are different than mine

All of the men, including your friend Zeeshan, should be given a fair trial in court. I think they will allow a trial in court. Dua karna apnay dost ki liye.

of course i am always praying for zeeshan and all of the innocent people whio have been arrested in any fake case----
Jaasif

yeah this was the biggest achievement:

from Dawn INternet edition

‘Suspects arrested in Punjab were missing for months’ -DAWN - Top Stories; February 01, 2009

KARACHI, Jan 31: The assertion by Rawalpindi police to have arrested nine men making preparations for suicide bombings came under a cloud on Saturday after a number of people claiming to be relatives of three of the suspects said “our dear ones were ‘kidnapped’ more than three months ago from different parts of Karachi”.

The Sindh high court was already hearing petitions against their abduction. The relatives said.

The families of Zeeshan Jaleel, Mohammad Sarfraz and Osama Waheed said they were surprised to read reports the Punjab police had arrested them after a raid on a house in Rawalpindi’s Dhoke Lakhan. .

Records at the police stations concerned and petitions filed by the families before the Sindh High Court for recovery of the three “missing persons” suggested that all the three persons had gone missing in September and October.

“My son was picked up by armed persons in a white car near the Quaid’s mausoleum on Oct 18,” said Professor Muhammad Jalil, father of 27-year-old Zeeshan Jalil. “After making every effort to trace him, the very next day we lodged an FIR (280/2008) under Section 365/35 of the Pakistan Penal Code (PPC) with Brigade police station.”

Mr Jalil, who served as professor at the NED University of Engineering and Technology, said his son was a “total family man” with three children. He ran a medical store in his residential area of Gulistan-i-Jauhar, he added.

“Since the city police failed to recover my son, I was forced to move the high court, which is due to resume the hearing on our petition on Feb 3 and we would definitely take up this matter. My son is not involved in any kind of activity alleged by the Rawalpindi police,” Mr Jalil said.

The relatives of Sarfaraz Ahmad, 36, said they were dumbfounded by the police statement. The Rawalpindi police claimed that they had recovered 100kg of explosives, detonators and other material during the raid and the arrested suspects had indirect links with the militant group of Baitullah Mehsud.

Sarfaraz Ahmed went missing on Oct 17 from Gulshan-i-Hadeed area when he was on way to Makli following a call from the police.

“On Oct 16 my brother was coming back home in Malir from Makli when his vehicle was intercepted, apparently by dacoits, but he managed to escape,” said Farhan Ahmed, younger brother. “But he went to Makli police station and lodged a complaint of this episode and the very next day when he was home, he received a call from Makli police station to visit them as the dacoits had been arrested.”

When Sarfaraz, along with his friend Muhammad Arif, was going to Makli, armed persons in a double cabin van intercepted their car near Gulshan-i-Hadeed area and took them away, Farhan said.

“After receiving no report from anywhere we later in the night contacted our area police (Al Falah station), searched every hospital and even went to Makli but did not find any clue. We finally came to know about the fact when our brother’s friend (Muhammad Arif) was released after two days by the kidnappers, who narrated the whole event. Then we moved the high court for his recovery,” Mr. Farhan said.

Ajmal Waheed, elder brother of 35-year-old Osama Waheed, had almost the same story to share, saying that his brother had gone to see off their father at Cantt Railway station on Sept 14, but he did not return home.

“First I went to Cantt police station. They refused to entertain my request and referred me to Artillery Maidan police station. Then I contacted the DIG South, but finding no response, I moved the High Court, which issued notices to the police officials and prosecutors.” .

Father of two, Osama Waheed is a software programmer and younger brother of Dr. Akmal Waheed and Dr. Arshad Waheed, who were tried for the 2004 attack on the convoy of the Karachi corps commander, but were acquitted by the high court.

However, the family claimed that Osama had neither faced any threat nor received warning from law enforcement agencies even when his brothers were in police custody.

Excellent, and for those crying fair trial (they will be presented before a ATC Judge" which is more then fair considering the acts they are involved in. Don't know about your friend and i don't like speculating.

So i will say simply this, get these idiot Kenyan's off Pakistani soil and charge all Pakistani suspects with treason against the state.

A man is innocent until proven guilty...so instead of going for conclusion its better for us to wait and see the outcome of the trial.

come on buddy this guy zeeshan was kidnapped 3 months ago......and the authorities are saying that they have captured them from rawalpindi 2 days ago.....you are talking about fair trial.....the trial is being run on a guy who never committed any unlawful activity, so whats the need for a trial...........
Jaasif

Those men accused have to be given a fair trial and there has to be solid evidence to convict them. If there's no evidence, then they are innocent.

I agree 100% but i am simply pointing out the reality that when people get caught there friends and family always say ''oh he or she was the best law abiding paraying all day long citizen''

come on buddy this guy zeeshan was kidnapped 3 months ago......and the authorities are saying that they have captured them from rawalpindi 2 days ago.....you are talking about fair trial.....the trial is being run on a guy who never committed any unlawful activity, so whats the need for a trial...........
Jaasif

well just because you as his friend say so means jack all to rest of us if he isnt guilty let the courts decide and if u believe in him so much why not go infront of the judge and testify.

i have yet to hear any terrorist getting caught and his friends or family members saying yeah he is the devil its always no no no he isnt guilty yes ammo was his but he was going to use the plastic explosives for killing flies or blowing up ant farms he is so nice coudnt hurt a fly.

well just because you as his friend say so means jack all to rest of us if he isnt guilty let the courts decide and if u believe in him so much why not go infront of the judge and testify.

i have yet to hear any terrorist getting caught and his friends or family members saying yeah he is the devil its always no no no he isnt guilty yes ammo was his but he was going to use the plastic explosives for killing flies or blowing up ant farms he is so nice coudnt hurt a fly.

yes of course i am required I will appear in front of the court, and for your kind information I am trying to defend an innocent guy whom i know is not a terrorist nor he had any ammo with him he was picked up by some authorities on 18 oct and now the authorities are saying that he has been captured with ammo and stuff, i beleive the real terrorist are those who violate our air space and fire missles on us...but i beleive we have the power to only accuse those who maybe speak for the truth and not those who really are wrong......

Pakistan has plenty of taliban supporters to arrest, why would they frame someone inoccent, although possible i think it unlikely. Most criminal and there familiys protest inocents and through the lam at us when his action clearly aim to destroy those laws. If he is innocent then a court of law will determine that.

WEEKLY PULSE

Congratulations to aging Professor Waheeduddin, whose son, missing for last over four months has been traced by the government agencies. He is safe and sound, and not killed in a police encounter.
Osma Waheed, the youngest son of Professor Waheeduddin, a senior educationist, had gone missing four months ago when he went to Karachi cantonment railway station to drop his father. His family members immediately contacted the Al Falah police station, but the police as usual refused to lodge the missing report.
Osma’s family moved an application to the Sindh High Court, which was being heard by a division bench as the Rawalpindi police claimed to have arrested Osama and eight other “terrorists” involved in various terrorist attacks including suicide attack on Danish embassy Islamabad, and killing of Lt General Mushtaq Ahmed.
The police also claimed to have recovered detonators, jackets used in suicide bombings and other heavy weapons from the possession of the so-called terrorists.
This fresh episode shows that nothings has changed vis-à-vis the missing persons phenomenon. There is only change of face. It was General rtd Pervez Musharraf till August last year, and now it is Asif Zardari. Everything introduced by Musharraf is being obediently toed by Zardari.
An investigative report prepared by a team of weekly Pulse finds the entire story narrated by the Rawalpindi police about the arrest of so-called terrorists, frivolous, concocted and devoid of truth.
Osma Waheed, a software engineer by profession was picked by the secret agencies on September 14, 2008 from cantonment railway station. He is the younger brother of senior cardiologist Dr Akmal Waheed, and late Dr Arshad Waheed, who had been arrested by Karachi police in same fashion a few years back on the charge of providing medical treatment to the accused involved in attack on former corps commander Karachi, Lt General Ahsan Saleem Hayat.
An anti terrorist convicted the two brothers and handed down a rigorous imprisonment of total 18 years, however an appellant bench of the Sindh High Court over ruled the ATC judgment and exonerated them on the basis of lack of evidence.
The two brothers were also kept in illegal detention for several days, and when their family members went to the court, the police showed their arrest from Malir area.
Dr Arshad Waheed, an active member of the Pakistan Islamic Medical Association, was later killed in a US missile attack in Wana last year where he went to participate in medical relief mission of his organization.
Osama too was kept in illegal detention for over four months. His arrest might not have been shown if the Islamabad High Court had not issued strict orders to the state lawyer to tell the court about Dr Abdul Razzak, a senior Pakistan railway medical officer, who had been kidnapped by secret agencies many months ago.
The state lawyer told the court last week that the whereabouts of Dr. Abdul Razzak would be known with a couple of days. However, senior Supreme Court advocate, Akram Sheikh, who was representing Dr Razzak’s family told the court that according to his information, Dr. Razzak had been handed over to anti-terrorism cell of Punjab by the secret agencies.
His apprehensions proved true when just a day after, Rawalpindi police showed the arrest of Dr. Razzak, and eight others, including Osama Waheed.
The DIG Rawalpindi who told the newsmen about arrest of “terrorists” at a press conference could not reply to various queries. If the detained terrorists were so trained and well equipped even with suicide bombing jackets, why didn’t they resist? Were all the terrorists so weak that they had informed the police about detonators and other weapons within a few hours.
Interestingly, the police arrested the “terrorists” in the morning, and by evening, they told everything to the interrogators, who managed to recover all the weapons and detonators within next one hour. Salute to the security agencies. One wishes if they show the same performance in Swat, where the government is not able to block even a FM radio station of Maulana Fazlullah.
According to the reports, Zeeshan Jalil, another detainee, had been arrested by the personnel of a secret agency on October 18, 2009 from Taj Medical Center, M.A Jinnah Road. First, the security personnel had arrested his brother Ibrahim Jalil, and forced him to phone his brother and ask him to come over there.
Ibrahim did the same, and the secret agency personnel managed to arrest Zeeshan Jalil, a former student of electrical department, NED University of Engineering and Technology Karachi. Ibrahim told weekly Pulse that his brother was arrested in front of him and in the presence of rangers and brigade police station personnel.
Zeeshan’s father, Mohammed Ali, a former associate professor of electrical engineering department at NED University too moved to the Sindh High Court against the illegal and unlawful action of the secret agencies, however the court as usual could not help him.
Same happened to 36-year old Sarfraz Khan, who along with his friend was abducted by secret agencies on October 17, 2008 from Ghaghar railway crossing.
Sarfraz’s family came to know about his kidnapping through his friend who was released after two days on a condition that he would not tell anyone about the incident.
Sarfraz’s wife, Shazia held a press conference on the very next day about the abduction of her husband and later moved to the Sindh High Court.
Shazia Sarfraz told newsmen that her husband, a graduate in petroleum engineering from a Russian university, had gone to Thatta on October 16. On his way back to home, his vehicle was fired upon by some unknown bandits near Thatta cement factory, however Sarfraz managed to escape, and reported the incident to the local police.
On October 17, he received a call from DSP Nooruddin Sanjrani who told him that the bandits had been arrested, and he had to come over to identify them.
Sarfraz along with one of his friends left home for Thatta, however the security agencies personnel intercepted his vehicle at Ghaghar crossing, and arrested him along with his friend, who later was released.
Ironically, the Islamabad High Court did not bother to ask the state lawyer that if the nine terrorists were arrested last week, then who had been holding up for last four months?
Should the families of these “terrorists” wait for Justice Iftikhar Chaudry or join hands with Baloch militants or Baitullah Mehsud? The honourable Law Minister, Mr. Farooq Naik, would you please reply to these questions?

And why are the 'secret agencies' abducting people of the streets to frame in terrorist cases?

There are plenty of homeless people and criminals whose disappearance or involvement in terrorism no one would question.

Is it possible that we now see a phenomenon where even seemingly respectable law abiding citizens and their family are becoming involved in terrorism, and these 'disappearances' are in fact these people joining extremist groups without telling their families.

No one after all says that 'Dad, I'm off to learn how to make an IED and suicide vest, and might blow myself up some day'.

The suspects in the London bombings were similarly 'average, law abiding citizens', and all of their friends and families would have sworn that they could never have done such a thing.

Back
Top Bottom