What's new

Heroes of Pakistan

The Diplomat

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This thread is strictly dedicated to "Heros of Pakistan". Photos can be added alongside their stories. These heros can be military, paramilitary, police, civilian or any other form but they must have something special about their story.

Abdul Sattar Edhi
267674-EdhiPHOTOFILE-1317840288-794-640x480.jpg

Abdul Sattar Edhi also known as "The Nation's Father" as a sign of respect by Pakistani's for what The Edhi Foundation achieved and continues to achieve.
Today The Edhi Foundation operates the world's largest fleet of ambulances, the foundation also provides schooling, marriage services, funeral care, medical treatment, homes and orphanages and many more services for free!
"No religion is higher than humanity"
Abdul Sattar Edhi
1928 - 2016

SSP of CID, Chaudhry Aslam Shaheed
WO-AQ929_PAKCOP_G_20140109200505.jpg

52ce95decdb56.jpg

52d0e3865e0fb.jpg

Chaudhry Aslam was know for The Police Offence during The Layari Gang War and was also called Pakistan's Taliban Hunter due to numerous successful arrests of Most Wanted TTP Members.
May Chaudhry Aslam's soul Rest in Peace. Pakistan Zindabad!
"Shaheed ki jo maut hai woh qaum ki hayat hai, lahoo jo hai Shaheed ka woh qaum ki zakat hai”
1967 - 2014

Flying Officer Marium Mukhtiar Shaheed
maxresdefault.jpg

Flying Officer Marium Mukhtiar was a General Duties Pilot (GDP) of The Pakistan Air Force. She is the first Shaheed female pilot of The PAF, who lost her life flying her F-7PG. Due to engine failure, her F-7PG lost power and started to lose altitude. Marium Mukhtiar decided not to eject and to keep control of her aircraft which was heading in the direction of a village. After clearing the village, she ejected at low altitude and lost her life in the attempt.

"When a pilot embraces martyrdom, you only find ashes, not the pilot"
1992 - 2015

Major-General Shahida Malik
major-general-shahida-badshah1.jpg

orgsize_527General%20Shahida%20Malik.jpg

Major-General Shahida Malik holds the honor of being the first woman in any Islamic state to have reached to the rank of a general as well as the first two-star woman General in the Pakistan Armed Forces. She graduated from Fatima Jinnah Medical College, Lahore in 1969 with a Gold Medal and joined Pakistan Army Medical Corps as GDMO (general duty medical officer). Major General Shahida served during the 1971 and 1999 Pakistan-India wars and took an honorary retirement in 2004. She is the recipient of prestigious civil and military awards including Sitara-e-Imtiaz, Hilal-e-Imtiaz and Sitara-e-Jurat.
Years of service in Pakistan Army: 1969 - 2004

Siphai Maqbool Hussain
pakistani-army-chief-general-ashfaq-parvez-kayani-greets-war-prisoner-picture-id80682685

Maqbool Hussain was a sepoy for the Pakistan Army who took part in the 1965 War against India. In 1965, Sipahi Maqbool Hussain was taken as a prisoner by the Indian forces, but he was never given the status of a Prisoner of War, which provides him with certain rights and benefits. He vanished and was declared missing on August 20, 1965. After spending 40 years in Indian jails, Sipahi Maqbool Hussain was released in 2005, at the Wagha border prisoner exchange. Maqbool was given as civilian prisoner status, not the status of a Prisoner of War. The man spent 40 years in Indian jails, subject to inhumane torture and negate but he never said a word against his country, Pakistan. It is said that Maqbool Hussain, whenever he bled, wrote “Pakistan Zindabad!” on the walls with his blood. When Sipahi Maqbool Hussain was released, he had already lost his senses due to the brutal torture he had faced at the hands of the Indians for 40 years. When he was questioned about his identity, he kept replying by writing: “No. 335139”, which was his Army bearing number.

Siphai Maqbool Hussain
pakistani-army-chief-general-ashfaq-parvez-kayani-greets-war-prisoner-picture-id80682685

Maqbool Hussain was a sepoy for the Pakistan Army who took part in the 1965 War against India. In 1965, Sipahi Maqbool Hussain was taken as a prisoner by the Indian forces, but he was never given the status of a Prisoner of War, which provides him with certain rights and benefits. He vanished and was declared missing on August 20, 1965. After spending 40 years in Indian jails, Sipahi Maqbool Hussain was released in 2005, at the Wagha border prisoner exchange. Maqbool was given as civilian prisoner status, not the status of a Prisoner of War. The man spent 40 years in Indian jails, subject to inhumane torture and negate but he never said a word against his country, Pakistan. It is said that Maqbool Hussain, whenever he bled, wrote “Pakistan Zindabad!” on the walls with his blood. When Sipahi Maqbool Hussain was released, he had already lost his senses due to the brutal torture he had faced at the hands of the Indians for 40 years. When he was questioned about his identity, he kept replying by writing: “No. 335139”, which was his Army bearing number.
Not that it means much to anyone here - but am sorry that my country treated a soldier so badly. He should have been accorded protection and rights under the Geneva Convention.

Also, nice thread. Heroes - civilian or military deserve respect from all.

Not that it means much to anyone here - but am sorry that my country treated a soldier so badly. He should have been accorded protection and rights under the Geneva Convention.

Also, nice thread. Heroes - civilian or military deserve respect from all.
Thank you very much for your kind words. You are right; all heroes deserve respect! You made my day!

Mubeen Afridi Shaheed - (APS Student)
YtgIIFHI.jpeg

Studious and a position holder in his school, bright-eyed Mubeen was extremely well-mannered and was known to say salaam to everyone on his street.
Like other children his age, he enjoyed playing sport and was very fond of football. He played the game well and even won several awards. His mother says her son was so passionate about the game that he would ask his father to help him go abroad so he could become the best football player.

Siblings: Maleha Afridi (18) and Areeba Afridi (10)
Class: 10, Aged: 16

Thank you very much for your kind words. You are right; all heroes deserve respect! You made my day!

Perhaps you can shed some light - is Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan considered a hero in Pakistan? For those Indians who know history, he will always be a hero and was rightly accorded India's highest civilian honor.

Perhaps you can shed some light - is Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan considered a hero in Pakistan? For those Indians who know history, he will always be a hero and was rightly accorded India's highest civilian honor.
There is an airport named after him but I think it depends on the people's views. Maybe @El Sidd or @Devil Soul can help answering this in detail.

Mubeen Afridi Shaheed - (APS Student)
YtgIIFHI.jpeg

Studious and a position holder in his school, bright-eyed Mubeen was extremely well-mannered and was known to say salaam to everyone on his street.
Like other children his age, he enjoyed playing sport and was very fond of football. He played the game well and even won several awards. His mother says her son was so passionate about the game that he would ask his father to help him go abroad so he could become the best football player.

Siblings: Maleha Afridi (18) and Areeba Afridi (10)
Class: 10, Aged: 16
Whats heroic about him?

It's an appreciable effort to recognize and commend our national heroes, but at the same time it's not fair to mention just a few and leave out hundreds of thousands of known and unknown daughters and sons of the soil who devoted and many times sacrificed their lives for the nation or fellow country men without any hesitation and expectation of recognition or fame.

To start with there were millions of men, women, children and old who sacrificed everything for the independence alone, and the that process has continued in one way or the other in every part of the country. I would even say that every citizen of Pakistan is a hero in someway except for some sell out black sheep who have and are continuing to this day busy in harming this country.

I think instead of recognizing our heroes (there are too many of them) we should identify, name and shame the black sheep and troll them so much that either they stop doing what they are doing or are socially boycotted and made irrelevant so they can not harm this country anymore.

This thread is strictly dedicated to "Heros of Pakistan". Photos can be added alongside their stories. These heros can be military, paramilitary, police, civilian or any other form but they must have something special about their story.

Abdul Sattar Edhi
267674-EdhiPHOTOFILE-1317840288-794-640x480.jpg

Abdul Sattar Edhi also known as "The Nation's Father" as a sign of respect by Pakistani's for what The Edhi Foundation achieved and continues to achieve.
Today The Edhi Foundation operates the world's largest fleet of ambulances, the foundation also provides schooling, marriage services, funeral care, medical treatment, homes and orphanages and many more services for free!
"No religion is higher than humanity"
Abdul Sattar Edhi
1928 - 2016

SSP of CID, Chaudhry Aslam Shaheed
WO-AQ929_PAKCOP_G_20140109200505.jpg

52ce95decdb56.jpg

52d0e3865e0fb.jpg

Chaudhry Aslam was know for The Police Offence during The Layari Gang War and was also called Pakistan's Taliban Hunter due to numerous successful arrests of Most Wanted TTP Members.
May Chaudhry Aslam's soul Rest in Peace. Pakistan Zindabad!
"Shaheed ki jo maut hai woh qaum ki hayat hai, lahoo jo hai Shaheed ka woh qaum ki zakat hai”
1967 - 2014

Flying Officer Marium Mukhtiar Shaheed
maxresdefault.jpg

Flying Officer Marium Mukhtiar was a General Duties Pilot (GDP) of The Pakistan Air Force. She is the first Shaheed female pilot of The PAF, who lost her life flying her F-7PG. Due to engine failure, her F-7PG lost power and started to lose altitude. Marium Mukhtiar decided not to eject and to keep control of her aircraft which was heading in the direction of a village. After clearing the village, she ejected at low altitude and lost her life in the attempt.

"When a pilot embraces martyrdom, you only find ashes, not the pilot"
1992 - 2015

It's an appreciable effort to recognize and commend our national heroes, but at the same time it's not fair to mention just a few and leave out hundreds of thousands of known and unknown daughters and sons of the soil who devoted and many times sacrificed their lives for the nation or fellow country men without any hesitation and expectation of recognition or fame.

To start with there were millions of men, women, children and old who sacrificed everything for the independence alone, and the that process has continued in one way or the other in every part of the country. I would even say that every citizen of Pakistan is a hero in someway except for some sell out black sheep who have and are continuing to this day busy in harming this country.

I think instead of recognizing our heroes (there are too many of them) we should identify, name and shame the black sheep and troll them so much that either they stop doing what they are doing or are socially boycotted and made irrelevant so they can not harm this country anymore.
I agree, it's not fair that we name a few and forget about the others. That's why I have decided to add a few every day or when ever I get time on my hands. I stopped yesterday as I had some work to do after making the thread. I would really appreciate if you could also add some stories and pictures.
I thought it would be educational and decided to create the thread.

Whats heroic about him?
Each and every person played their role in APS. It is important to show that we have not forgot them.
If you can think of any hero then please add to the thread.

Aitzaz Hassan Shaheed
B6Ppfs-CYAAmlj3.jpg

article-2536545-1A87153000000578-575_634x416.jpg

Aitzaz Hassan was a school-boy from the Hangu District, located in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. On January 6, 2014 a man wearing a jacket attempted to enter his school, where over 2,000 students were located at the time. Aitzaz Hassan bravely stopped the the man wearing a jacket outside the school gates. Aitzaz Hassan sadly lost his life in the successful attempt to save his fellow school-mates and teachers lives.
Aitzaz Hassan was awarded Sitara-e-Shujaat for his bravery.
1998 - 2014

Last edited:
Noor Jehan
a2dfee8f-5b08-440e-b0d8-2cee485f3b6b.jpg

324.jpg

Noor Jehan was a singer and actor, she started her career in British India in the 1930's as a singer and later started acting. Noor Jehan is well known for her contributions in the 1965 Indo-Pak war, where she sang national songs as a motivation for Pakistani soldiers. During the war she sang and composed 4 songs. Two of her most famous songs being "Aye Watan Key Sajiley Jawanoo" and "Eiy Puttar Hattan Tey Nai Vikdey".
Quote from her song:"Tum pe jo kuch likha Shaeeron ne,
Un me shamil ha Awaz meri"
1925 - 2000

a70d21766569df8e122529917c029248.jpg

No.................................................

Sqn.Ldr.Peter_Christy.jpg

Squadron Leader Peter Christy (Born:1937 – 6 December 1971), SJ, was a PAF bomber pilot and weapon systems officer (WSO). A B-57 Canberra navigator, Squadron Leader Christy is officially declared "missing in action" since December 1971, but widely presumed dead by the Pakistan Defence Forces as of 2004.

Squadron_Leader_Sarfaraz_Ahmed_Rafiqui.jpg

"On 6 September 1965, Squadron Leader Sarfaraz Ahmad Rafiqui led a formation of 3 F-86 aircraft on a strike against Halwara airfield. The formation was intercepted by about 10 Hunter aircraft out of which Squadron Leader Rafiqui accounted for one in the first few seconds. But then his guns jammed due to a defect and stopped firing. However, Rafiqui refused to leave the battle area which he would have been perfectly justified to do; instead he ordered his No. 2 to take over as leader and continue the engagement while he tried to give the formation as much protection as was possible with an unarmed aircraft. This called on the part of Squadron Leader Rafiqui. The end for him was never in doubt but he chose to disregard it and, in the process, his aircraft was shot down and he was killed but not before enabling his formation to shoot down 3 more Hunter aircraft. Rafiqui’s conduct was clearly beyond the call of duty and conformed to the highest traditions of leadership and bravery in battle against overwhelming odds. For this and his earlier exploits, he is awarded Hilal-i-Jurat and Sitara-i-Jurat" [5]

Back
Top Bottom