What's new

Here is Grifo S Brochure WITH RANGE.

well useless now this radar becoz paf has this on F 7 and now these F 7 are going to get retired and also this radar along with it

is this radar is better than what USA offering with block 52 F 16 i dont think so and in the site it is writeen this radar is going to installed in JF 17 im so sad to hear that i was thinkin AESA would have been inducted in JF 17 thunder

Hi Mr. Super Falcon, no this radar is not being installed on the JF-17. This is an old sales brochure, in fact I saw this a few years ago, befor the JF-17 was being produced in Pakistan. Moreover, PAC Kamra recently christened a new facility to produce Chinese radars for the JF-17s, those are being used for the JF-17 currently. They have no intention of using this radar.

What radar the JF-17 will have in Block 2? Well that is anybody's guess. However, China is making leaps and bounds strides in aerospace and radar technology and time will tell whether an AESA radar will be used in the Block 2 JF-17. Thanks!

is this radar is better than what USA offering with block 52 F 16 i dont think so and in the site it is writeen this radar is going to installed in JF 17 im so sad to hear that i was thinkin AESA would have been inducted in JF 17 thunder

The USA never exports the latest and certainly not the best. So if he parameters are transferred by PAF to China then there can be a certain certainty that China tweaks them to get better results. Hence we get better equipment. So, it is not suprising that Chinese radars in Pakistani service are better then what is bought from the USA.

The radars are getting better but often people tend to link it only to hardware. In reality the software is much more important. And guess what. Pakistan does the software part.

well thanx bro but hope best available radar should be given to JF 17 and more power full radar than tejas

Hi, I do not want to derail this thread into a JF-17 discussion. But I highly doubt the JF-17 Block 2 will have a dual movable tail, landing gear in LERX, longer fuselage, or larger wing. The latter 2 features will require a much more powerful engine than the RD-93. But then again, maybe they might use the WS-13.

Yes, this technology is available via the J-20. But, incorporating this into the JF-17 would require a complete redesign, and you might as well start with a new plane. If we are lucky we might see some of these features in the Block 3 version.

However, I am glady hoping that my assumptions are incorrect and time will show that I was wrong in this case. Thanks!

he is also not confirming any such changes as materially achieved, its just his speculation. Yes I do agree with you that it would be an extremely uphill task, yet such a suspicion from poster of his caliber should not be dismissed with ease

Back
Top Bottom