Here Are Some Oddly Amusing Names of Places In Karachi

Zibago

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Here Are Some Oddly Amusing Names of Places In Karachi
Naagin-Season-2-Episode-16-27th-November-2016-Written-Episode-Watch-Online.jpg

I was resting in Aram Bagh, wondering whether I should try someplace different. So I hopped in my car and drove to Lalu Khait, to meet Lalu. After wasting a couple of hour, I found out that he is at Shanti Nagar having a moment of peace. I needed a place with some life to it. I made a beeline for Disco Mor, where I danced so much, I wore out my shoes.
karachi-culture1.jpg

Yup, the places in Karachi has some weirdly amusing names, I was born and raised in Karachi, yet I always find the names for the places either confusing or oddly funny. Here is the list below
111231732.jpg

1. Khadda Market
My assumption is there used to be a big Khadda ( Hole ) over there, where people used to sell stuff. Hence, named Khadda Market.
55b38b07cf88a.jpg

I suppose it’s high time to change the name since, the roads are now finely paved.

2. Soldier Bazar
As goes the name, ready-made soldiers available here.

via: Dawn

200w_s.gif

Buy 3 Get 1 Free – Limited Offer

3. Nagan Chowrangi
It is said that 100 years ago, there used to be a Nagan at this place. At the time of separation, she chose India.
Naagin-Season-2-Episode-16-27th-November-2016-Written-Episode-Watch-Online.jpg

via: fullvids.tk
4. Buffer Zone
Located between North Karachi and North Nazimabad. Buffer Zone has the second the largest mobile market of Karachi.
73488623.jpg

via: everything.pk
Other advantages of living in this neighborhood.

Everything is already buffered here, even YouTube.

giphy.gif

5. Machar Colony
Nowadays, mosquitoes are so civilized that even they have their own colonies. Amusing!
mosquitoes.jpg

via: independent.co.uk
According to sources, they use human-repellent liquids at night.

6. Anda Mor
Chicken’s holy place. People in the neighborhood are forbidden to eat eggs due the great Saint.

giphy.gif

St. Humpty Dumpty.

7. 2 Mint Chowrangi
People who live across this round-a-bout would for surely know that, these 2 minutes are very same as that of the 2 minutes ready to eat noodles. Courtesy: Traffic
karachi-traffic-jam.jpg

via: Samaa TV
I wonder what would we had named Shahrah-e-Faisal then.

8. Kala Pull
We as a human has evolved so much that our racism isn’t restricted to humans only. Boom!! We have a flyover in Karachi that’s named Kala.
89871106_f8688c26ba.jpg

via: Flickr.com
Now, I so want to see the White Flyover as well.

In other world, Kala Pul be like;

200w_s.gif

And the list goes on and on. If you know such names, please let us know http://dailypunch.pk/oddly-amusing-names-places-karachi/
@The Eagle @The Sandman @Moonlight @PaklovesTurkiye @Hell hound @Well.wisher

5. Machar Colony
Nowadays, mosquitoes are so civilized that even they have their own colonies. Amusing!
mosquitoes.jpg

6. Anda Mor
Chicken’s holy place. People in the neighborhood are forbidden to eat eggs due the great Saint.

giphy.gif

St. Humpty Dumpty.

7. 2 Mint Chowrangi
People who live across this round-a-bout would for surely know that, these 2 minutes are very same as that of the 2 minutes ready to eat noodles. Courtesy: Traffic
karachi-traffic-jam.jpg

8. Kala Pull
We as a human has evolved so much that our racism isn’t restricted to humans only. Boom!! We have a flyover in Karachi that’s named Kala.
89871106_f8688c26ba.jpg

200w_s.gif

And the list goes on and on. If you know such names, please let us know http://dailypunch.pk/oddly-amusing-names-places-karachi/

I have read somewhere that these names have lot of history behind it...

5. Machar Colony
mosquitoes.jpg

6. Anda Mor

giphy.gif

St. Humpty Dumpty.

7. 2 Mint Chowrangi
karachi-traffic-jam.jpg

8. Kala Pull
89871106_f8688c26ba.jpg

200w_s.gif

Images of Kala Pul and 2 Minute chowrangi are incorrect however, there a lot of more names with history to them like Lalu Khait, 3 Hatti (Hatti used as a shop in Punjabi I think), Guru Mandar, Ranchor Lane, Nagin Chowrangi, Bhens Colony, Chamra Chowrangi etc.

5. Machar Colony
mosquitoes.jpg

6. Anda Mor

giphy.gif

St. Humpty Dumpty.

7. 2 Mint Chowrangi
karachi-traffic-jam.jpg

8. Kala Pull
89871106_f8688c26ba.jpg

200w_s.gif

Where is Bhains colony??

5. Machar Colony
mosquitoes.jpg

6. Anda Mor

giphy.gif

St. Humpty Dumpty.

7. 2 Mint Chowrangi
karachi-traffic-jam.jpg

8. Kala Pull
89871106_f8688c26ba.jpg

200w_s.gif

some of them are quite funny

Back
Top Bottom