What's new

helecopter for indian poilce and other forces

indian navy

Reaction score
well guys i think time has come when we have to provide our police and other force with helicopter

now police need helicopter to maintain law and other duty

what you guys think helicopter for our police

imgres

no offence but first of all our police were not even provided proper weapons and other equipment not even proper vehicles and even our armed forces doesnt have decent no of helicopters first let the GOI provide what i mentioned we will think about helicopters later

need to replace WW2 weapons like these

01_1WW.jpg

india-shooting-technology-2008-12-14-17-33-34.jpg

i am not offending anybody but when the government is not even bothered regarding the over all development of our police forces how can you think of helicopters

I would say stop the corruption within police dept. I am having headache pondering what kind of corruption they will start doing with helicopter :lol:

@Indian Navy -: See corruption has already vanished the heli :lol: :lol:

i am not offending anybody but when the government is not even bothered regarding the over all development of our police forces how can you think of helicopters

well said dude...

and our local police is supposed to deal with thiefes who is coming with small knife and at max with revolver... , in that case what our police do with helicopters..

but i will recommend to special police forces like force one in Bombay can be equipped with helicopter....

well guys i think time has come when we have to provide our police and other force with helicopter

now police need helicopter to maintain law and other duty

what you guys think helicopter for our police

imgres

how about another mrca for our poilce force??:azn:

First the government should tackle the bloody terrorists called Communist-Maoist scum and the ULFA $h&*heads before they deal with "helicopters for police".

May i ask out of curiosity, what is the annual budget of a provincial police like say "Punjab Police" in India, with regards to equipment, how often to they procure equipment to replace "wear and tear" and with regards to training are they trained regionally or at a national academy.

With regards to aerial support, do you have the ability to call in air support from the military or does any other civilian organisation have access to helicopters that the police may commender for Anti Terrorist operations?

I am also interested to know about Indian police ESUs, do indian police have any emergency support units or special service teams, if so are these only operational within urban areas or widely operational.

Many thanks in advance.

Mumbai police has few Helicopters in its possession for long.

Civilian administration can call in Army,IAF or Coast guard Helicopters in the time of need whether for accidents or medical emergency of sort.

Thank you, also what about training and Special Service units. Is India working on or has such units it wide use? I would be very interested to know if India participated in the US Dept of State ATAP to improve its Anti Terror capabilities?

Also training wise, is training regional or at a national level. For example in Pakistan each province has a dedicated training academy and the special training academy is in Lahore for Elite Police and COBRA and ATA ( Counter Terrorist and Crisis Response Courses) are conducted at PTC Sihalla near Rawalpdini.

Many thanks.

The current budget for regional police is about 4.5 to 6 % of the state budget. the higher percentage is for states like Maharastra and Andhra pradesh like.

Presently, all the states and UTs have a cumulative budget allocation of Rs 44,354 crore for Police Department and this is 4.3 per cent of the total budget outlay. Of this around 80 per cent goes for salary and a meager 20 per cent goes for training, acquisition of sophisticated weapons and police modernisation programme.

So basically this means to say that police relies heavily on Armed forces in case of any critical situation like borrowing a chopper and stuff.

Thank you, also what about training and Special Service units.

The speacial services training units are spread accross the country and have a headquarter in each state. I will not go into details as they are well available in net, however a recent special forces team were trained by Isareli commandos team.

TN has a police budget of 100 crores...thats measly compared to the $200 billion GDP of the state.

Back
Top Bottom