What's new

HEIGHT REQUIREMENT

uzair kahlid

New Recruit

Reaction score
AOA,
My name is Uzair Khalid and i want to apply as a fighter pilot in the PAF. I am 17 yrs old and want to know about the height requirements of the PAF. My height is 6'3 and I want to know if I am eligible to apply as a fighter pilot in the PAF?

I too wanna join PAKISTAN AIR FORCE and devote my life for PAKISTAN and PAKISTANIS.

My Question: Whats the minimum height requirement to join PAF?
I'm in F.Sc. Part-II (Pre-Medical), 17 years old.
Unfortunately my height is 5.5ft yet I'm crazy to join PAF because I wish, my name enlists among "Martyrs" (Insha-Allah)

Please check this website:Pakistan Air force
If you have complete FSC (pre-med or non-med) with minimum 65% marks.
Then you are apply in the GD-Pilot. and check the above website and read the carefully.

I dont think so height plays a major role in air forces around the world but i maybe wrong

I had once asked an American pilot at an air show about the same thing. He said that all American planes can be flown by pilots with heights ranging from 5'4" to 6'3". Since they are tall and also have women pilots , their planes have this flexibility.

Well Rizwan I believe you are safe, 5.5 is ok but Im a bit doubtful about you Uzair because a friend of mine was rejected for being too tall. Id estimate his height at 6.2/6.3. That said my uncle retired as an air commodore and his height is around 6.2/6.3. So this max height issue, I believe, was put in place not so long ago.

ps: I have other friends who got rejected for some very peculiar reasons e.g. one got rejected because his legs were a few inches too long and another whose nose was not of the right shape :p Basically what the PAF wants is genetically superior human specimens who, in the event of a comet heading on a straight path to destroy earth, can be sent on a spaceship into space to repopulate the human species somewhere else. :D

another whose nose was not of the right shape :p Basically what the PAF wants is genetically superior human specimens who, in the event of a comet heading on a straight path to destroy earth, can be sent on a spaceship into space to repopulate the human species somewhere else. :D

How does your nose shape matter :what: :P?

I'll visit PAF selection center (LAHORE) and grab the details! Thanks all of you =)

How does your nose shape matter :what: :P?

if ur nose shape is not up to the mark you may feel difficulty in breathing.

His nose doesnt even look remotely abnormal and on top of that he was asked to get his nose operated on and fixed within 3 days if he wanted to continue his selection process.

There was discussion on this forum some time back where members said that short height is better for a pilot as his heart is closer to his mind hence more blood can be pumped

LoL.. xD
I measured my height again (without shoes) and it was 5.4ft (164.592 cm) and I'm bit worried about my selection in PAF.

I really want to be an OFFICER or Fighter PILOT :'(

I hope you got your answer bro. In sha Allah what's better for you and what has barkat for you and AF, that's gonna be the answer. Best of Luck buddy... it was our dream... hum tou na kaam ho gaye, ab aapki bari hai :)

Back
Top Bottom