What's new

Have your say - PSL Final in Lahore

Is PSL Final in Pakistan a WISE decision? (not good but wise)

• YES

• NO

• Cant Say (But think again and you may get to a decision) :P

Results are only viewable after voting.

Arsalan

THINK TANK CHAIRMAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hello people,
while it is a bit too late for such a thread/question (since a decision have already been made) what is you personal opinions regarding the PSL final being held in Lahore?

Please think wisely about it and then share your thoughts. As a Pakistani and a cricket fan, i am all excited about it, will also be going to Lahore to watch the match InshAllah but if you look at the wider picture there are some serious concerns as well.

Do share your views and cast your votes!

It will be best if you can share your views and the reasons why you think it is a wise/not so wise decision. That will help others understand the actual situatio and look at it they way YOU are looking at it.

Last edited:
Hello people,
while it is a bit too late for such a thread/question (since a decision have already been made) what is you personal opinions regarding the PSL final being held in Lahore?

Please think wisely about it and then share your thoughts. As a Pakistani and a cricket fan, i am all excited about it, will also be going to Lahore to watch the match InshAllah but if you look at the wider picture there are some serious concerns as well.

Do share your views and cast your votes!
Kindly add an option of "don't know" too.

As a cricket lover, it is an excellent news for me. I will get to watch an truly entertaining (Inshallah) and somewhat important game of cricket, IN PAKISTAN!! FINALLY!!
People, the international media will get to see how crazy and excited we are about our cricket, how colorfull the city is and will help us show the brighter side of our country. I hope we will present an excellent one, set an example.

However, looking at the bigger picture, there are some very very serious concerns. If it really that HUGE? is it all worth the risk? Do you think that a PSL (PAKISTAN super league) final in Lahore will be enough to convince Australia or South Africa or England or any other team for that matter that every thing is cool and calm here in Pakistan (despite the bullet proof buses we will carry the teams in and all locked down shops and streets as if it is a curfew) and that they should come and play here, bringing back true international cricket? I dont think so!!! On other hand if anything goes wrong (God Forbade) even slightly it will be BYE BYE cricket for decades (not to mention the loss other than cricket which will be HUGE and tragic). It is just like that Zimbabwe tour. With Zimbabwe visiting Pakistan (with all due respect to the country and its people) it was never going to be enough of a certificate to convince Australians or the English to come and play here as well. However a small blast OUTSIDE the ground (that was actually prevented to cause any major problem since the guy was checked) irrelevant to the match was what made the headlines!

Most importantly, my point is that we are conducting an operation country wide, we are fighting terrorism since years and are hopefully at the last stage of uprooting this evil for good. A wait for two three more years wont hurt that much. We should not have risked it all for such little (relatively) reward.

This is all a personal opinion and anyone may disagree!

@The Eagle @WAJsal @The Sandman @Moonlight @IceCold @django @Zibago @anant_s @Zaki @PakSword @Rashid Mahmood @Quwa @waz @Slav Defence @Mentee @Chauvinist @Farah Sohail @Horus @WebMaster @Devil Soul @Imran Khan @Spring Onion @RescueRanger

Last edited:
@Arsalan @django @Zibago and others
OT
There are pro's and con's of both decisions

1) If we hold it and anything (god forbid) happens we can say goodbye to cricket for another 10 years and if everything goes smoothly we finally will have a chance to revive international cricket and we will send a message that look terrorism is finally decreasing our image will improve a lot.

2) If we decides against this than this will mean that we've to wait another 2-3 or maybe 4 years for international cricket not only that it will give out 2 messages to world that situation in our country haven't improved too much and big Pakistani cities are still dangerous places to go and it will simply means that we surrendered in front of terrorists.
So it's a really hard decision.

I am not at all supportive of the idea of having PSL final in Lahore..

The risk is too high nowadays and as you have said, it may take away international cricket from Pakistan for next few decades. Besides that, the number one risk is possible loss of life of ordinary Pakistanis. One life is more valuable than the final. Ask anyone who has lost his/ her dear one in any bomb blast.

@Arsalan

The voting allows multiple votes. Can you change this setting to one vote per user?

If we dont play final in PSL then its victory for terrorist and their mission accomplished

If we managed to play final in Pakistan and nothing bad accudent happen then its defeat for terrorist and will send positive message to world and could be the first step to bring any future matches in Pakistan

If Allah na karey anything bad happen then nothing worse will happen to us as Pakistan is declared unsafe already

@Arsalan @django @Zibago and others
OT
There are pro's and con's of both decisions

1) If we hold it and anything (god forbid) happens we can say goodbye to cricket for another 10 years and if everything goes smoothly we finally will have a chance to revive international cricket and we will send a message that look terrorism is finally decreasing our image will improve a lot.

2) If we decides against this than this will mean that we've to wait another 2-3 or maybe 4 years for international cricket not only that it will give out 2 messages to world that situation in our country haven't improved too much and big Pakistani cities are still dangerous places to go and it will simply means that we surrendered in front of terrorists.
So it's a really hard decision.
This is a huge risk if anything happens we can kiss intl cricket goodbye for next 10 years

This is a huge risk if anything happens we can kiss intl cricket goodbye for next 10 years
And you are sure that you will get international cricket in Pakistan anytime soon by holding psl in empty stadium of dubai..i have doubt that PSL will survive long enough without home crowd

Wohi to and if we don't hold it in Pakistan than we're simply telling terrorists that we surrender and in future they can easily sabotage any such event by exploding few bombs it will be a huge morale boost for them and their handlers... and if we do hold it than it will be a big dent in their morale.

Yahan race shuru hojaegi.. Aik hi banda 1500 vote daal kar apna point of view sabit kardega.. bilkul PMLN ki human voting machines ki tarah.. :lol:
:rofl:

And you are sure that you will get international cricket in Pakistan anytime soon by holding psl in empty stadium of dubai..i have doubt that PSL will survive long enough without home crowd

Don't know why they are holding it in Dubai. The stadium is far away from where Pakistanis usually live..

Have you seen Sharjah Stadium? Even if the match is between Larkana and Khazdar, people will go to watch it..

all the best foriegn players have dropped out though, it will just be another domestic cricket game

all the best foriegn players have dropped out though, it will just be another domestic cricket game

Back
Top Bottom