What's new

"Have spent more time with Parrikar than any other Defence Minister in the World", Ashton Carter

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-counterparts-Carter/articleshow/53921425.cms

6_img130816200536.jpg

WASHINGTON: US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter says he has spent more time with Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar in little over an year than any of his other foreign counterparts, a relationship he attributed to "the new bonhomie" in India-US ties.

"Even before today's very productive discussion, which was our sixth meeting since I became Secretary of Defence, I had already spent more time with Minister Parrikar than I had with any other defence counterpart anywhere in the world," Carter told reporters at a joint news conference with his Indian counterpart yesterday.

Heaping praise on the Defence Minister, Carter said: "One (of the reasons) is Minister Parrikar himself. He's a strong and effective leader. He's an innovator. He's a great partner and a true friend."

"The second reason that Minister Parrikar and I spent so much time together is that the US-India relationship is destined to be one of the defining partnerships of the 21st century," he said.

"We share so much, so many interests and values, as well as a common vision for peace, for stability and prosperity in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region. As Minister Parrikar's busy itinerary and our extensive deliberations today demonstrate, that destiny is rapidly and surely becoming a reality," Carter said, soon after the two leaders concluded talks at the Pentagon.

“America has no permanent friends or enemies, only interests” - Henry Kissinger

Above being the case, as is the conventional wisdom involving the US, it wants Indian dollars. Parrikars of the world come & go.

Yeah.. MP is a loud mouth!! He talks too much !! No walk only talk!!

Above being the case, as is the conventional wisdom involving the US, it wants Indian dollars. Parrikars of the world come & go.

it is good they do not have permanent friends and enemies

I had already spent more time with Minister Parrikar than I had with any other defence counterpart anywhere in the world,

US Defence Secretary Ashton Carter have some stamina ... hope they both enjoyed their 'HAPPY MOMENTS' ....

I can see the 100 billion $$$$$$$$$$$$ going into usa weapons by this relationship[

Americans are not stupid INDIA IS THE BIGGEST ARMS IMPORTER on the planet.

it will soon have the 4th largest GDP in the world and a top 5 defense budget .

USA will takes all of the Russian slice and half the slices of Israel and FRANCE OF india,s huge arms cake.

THIS NEXT DECADE I think the follwimg will purchase by india

F16 & F35 fighters
Ageis radars systems
mobile artllary
helicopters
UCAV
DRONES
c17 globemasters
more posedions P8s
IFV
transport and logistics

The above picture of Parrikar is somewhat funny.

USA will takes all of the Russian slice and half the slices of Israel and FRANCE OF india,s huge arms cake.
Only if the arms purchased from the US provides us with the same strategic leverage as the French or the Russians.

Last edited:
I can see the 100 billion $$$$$$$$$$$$ going into usa weapons by this relationship[

Americans are not stupid INDIA IS THE BIGGEST ARMS IMPORTER on the planet.

THIS NEXT DECADE I think the follwimg will purchase by india

F16 & F35 fighters
Ageis radars systems
mobile artllary
helicopters
UCAV
DRONES
c17 globemasters
more posedions P8s
IFV
transport and logistics
f 16s?? seriously??

So does we. India will get pulp what ever available for us. It's just being an Indian :D Survival of fittest. How do you think Hindus existed for more than 12000 years?

Henry kessinger perhaps the most hated man in is history along with bush

Back
Top Bottom