What's new

Have Rajputs and Pathans historically ever come into contact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Was there ever contact between the two groups during history? Was there ever a war?

Was there ever contact between the two groups during history? Was there ever a war?

Yep they have. Few years ago in a town near where i live there was a big fight between Pushtun and a Rajput. So i guess yeah there have been few conflicts like these in history. Some one always leaves with a broken nose or a hand.

Lol,too many times.Starting from the reign of the rajput shahi dynasty near kabul (who were overun by the ghaznavids),all the conflicts between lodis and pathan dynasties of delhi against the rajputs.Pathans fought as hired soldiers for the turkish sultans.They allied together for a time against mughals.Later rajputs fought for mughals against pathans.Both fought as mercenaries for mughals.Eventually mughals,turks and rajputs slowly went out of picture leaving marathas,pathans and sikhs.A complicated equation taken as a whole and a mess rather.

Later rajputs fought for mughals against pathans.Both fought as mercenaries for mughals.Eventually mughals,turks and rajputs slowly went out of picture leaving marathas,pathans and sikhs.A complicated equation taken as a whole and a mess rather.

Some of the Rajput kings accepted Mughal overlordship in return for keeping their kingdoms. There were significant areas where they ruled independently especially in rajasthan.

Mercenaries foght for money, maybe pathans did it, rajputs fought under their kings.

Yep they have. Few years ago in a town near where i live there was a big fight between Pushtun and a Rajput. So i guess yeah there have been few conflicts like these in history. Some one always leaves with a broken nose or a hand.

Rajput in Pakistan or britain?

Some of the Rajput kings accepted Mughal overlordship in return for keeping their kingdoms. There were significant areas where they ruled independently especially in rajasthan.

Mercenaries foght for money, maybe pathans did it, rajputs fought under their kings.

I didn't distinguish.Getting late and posted a lot tonight,so i didn't elaborate.Ur correct ofcourse.

Rajput in Pakistan or britain?

Boht pashtuns and Rajput have/had warlike nature and they have been used by many rulers against each others and had killed each others for power/status/rank/honour/wealth etc. They even fought among each others

Yes they did came in to contact they worked in a tandoori roti shop , of course people came in contact people traveled across all the time

There was silk road china to Europe and we are talking regional people

Boht pashtuns and Rajput have/had warlike nature and they have been used by many rulers against each others and had killed each others for power/status/rank/honour/wealth etc. They even fought among each others

And it's also very likely that both Pashtuns and Rajputs have descended from the same Nomadic group, the Hephthalites!

It's theorized that a group of hephthalites that got Indianized during the course of their invasion and occupation of NorthWest India stayed on and became the Rajputs. While the Bactrian word for Hephthalite, Ebodalo, eventually morphed into Abdali, the name of the largest Pashtun Confederation.

And it's also very likely that both Pashtuns and Rajputs have descended from the same Nomadic group, the Hephthalites!

It's theorized that a group of hephthalites that got Indianized during the course of their invasion and occupation of NorthWest India stayed on and became the Rajputs. While the Bactrian word for Hephthalite, Ebodalo, eventually morphed into Abdali, the name of the largest Pashtun Confederation.

Way too simplified.

ist majority of Pakistanis rajpoots...its because of contact between pathans and rajpoots. lol

Yup. But it's nevertheless speculated as a strong possibility. The Rajputs evolved only after the hephthalite invasion of India.

Rajputs and Pashtuns are already many different groups. Even today, these two groups dont even look like each other.

Rajputs and Pashtuns are already many different groups. Even today, these two groups dont even look like each other.

Attribute that to their geographical concentration and intermingling with the local populace. Things have evolved a lot in 1500 years, don't you think?

Attribute that to their geographical concentration and intermingling with the local populace. Things have evolved a lot in 1500 years, don't you think?

I think most Pashtuns and Rajputs are indigenous to their region. I dont attribute these two very different groups to one wave.

4 your kind information we do love each other as patriotic pakis.how can an indian say that we dont like each other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom