What's new

Hatf IX Nasr Missile Tested by Pakistan

Banana journalism...They are showing tyhe wrong missile :lol:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

385739_303865036368790_100002358898756_678246_1347174374_n.jpg

which rases the question..Can this be converted into a SAM?

If we look at this example, especially at the missiles, there are lots of variations in the design and capability to make it a SAM....

Soviet_surface-to-air_missiles.JPEG

Some notes on NASR
Pakistan Tests HATF IX Nuclear-Capable Short Range Tactical Guided Weapon | Defense Update
Pakistan has tested a nuclear-capable tactical missile dubbed HATF IX (also known as Nasr). The missile was developed as a ‘quick response weapon’, two missiles contained in transported and launched from a Transporter-Erector-Launcher (TEL) unit carried on a vehicle, similar to a multiple rocket launcher. The single stage solid-fuel missile, developed by Pakistan’s National Development Complex (NDC), has a range of 60 km. It is powered by a high-thrust single-stage solid-propellant rocket motor. The missile has a midcourse guidance system, employing movable control surfaces emplaced behind the nose. Tail fins also help stabilizing the missile in flight. A terminal guidance system is also employed, further improving hit accuracy. Nasr test firing also demonstrates that Pakistan has progressed with the development of compact sub-kiloton, low yield tactical nuclear warheads.

This was the analysis of the previous experiment By a Quaide Azam University Professor

The test indicates Pakistan has the technology to build a small nuclear warheads for all kinds of delivery platforms, said Mansoor Ahmed, a lecturer at Quaid-e-Azam University here who specializes in nonconventional weapons and missiles, quoted by Defense News. “Theoretically, 1 kilogram of weapons-grade plutonium boosted with 4-5 grams of tritium gives a 10-20KT yield, provided the trigger is sophisticated,” Ahmed said. “However, the diameter size of Nasr suggests that the warhead would be less than 1 kilogram, and would be of sub-kiloton range, suitable for battlefield use and could be a fission boosted sub-kiloton fission device.”Pakistan will now “not accept any cap in plutonium production in the foreseeable future,” he said.

The missile offers Pakistan’s military a quick response system, enabling the country to rapidly deploy massive firepower based on nuclear delivery capability, employing effective “shoot-and-scoot’’ tactics. These assets are believed to effectively counter India’s ‘Cold Start’ strategy, part of its ‘limited war’ doctrine, using massive air-land attack by forces maintained at high readiness level. According to Pakistani Lt. General (Retd.) Khalid Ahmed Kidwai, Director-General of Pakistan’s Strategic Plans Division at the National Command Authority, Nasr represents a new milestone in consolidating Pakistan’s strategic deterrence capability at all levels of the threat spectrum. It means Pakistan could potentially refrain from using strategic nuclear weapons in a limited conflict, by employing a low-yield tactical warheads as ‘battlefield weapons’ capable of deterring and inflicting unacceptable losses among overwhelming mechanized forces that could be employed by India under a ‘Cold Start’ attack. While India is not expected to reassess its ‘Cold Start’ strategy yet, such a move will be required once Pakistan demonstrates its tactical weapons capability by detonating such a low-yield warhead.

While the Pakistani move was applauded at home, as a counterweight to a potential Indian threat, some voices are also questioning the value within Pakistan’s overall defense strategy.

which rases the question..Can this be converted into a SAM?

Not possible. Both are differences role. With my surprise, Pakistan hasn't invested in Air-Defence missiles (i.e S300/400) against jet intruders which is still most important. It is clearly Pakistan focus heavy on the land at this moment.

It means Pakistan could potentially refrain from using strategic nuclear weapons in a limited conflict, by employing a low-yield tactical warheads as ‘battlefield weapons’ capable of deterring........

The top priority right now is testing with TUBES experiments. I am confident to say, it will be success tubes in new future submarines with the armed-missiles test as well as frigates.

Three tube launcher was for Babur Cruise missile, not Nasar.

I'm amazed, I guess the very first test of Nasr some years ago had three tubes launcher, then they decreased to two tubes and now they jumped to four tubes.......ammazing isn't it....????.......:D

I am not sure if it's just me or the missile in this test looked way faster than the one tested previously. Any one feel the same? Can somone compare the videos from two tests to substantiate the speed difference, thanks.

Fins are visible in the closeup of missile inside the tube, watch the news clip again, the tip in the tube was red, I feel that the new missiles speed is much higher than the previous one.

The Blur is along the length of missile and any object extending out its bordering lines must have been visible but would've been prolonged. I think you've got a good point and missile seems to have lost its head fins.

It also appears that the missile has kind of shiny surface or may be the image is over-exposed.. not sure though.

Can't they just use the missile and modify it to a SAM?
I mean keep the missile with rocket motor, develop a seeker (or use chinese one).

I know its easy said than done but im just asking if its possible?

Are you referring to the same hawks who stood at the border fully armed for two years craping in their pants? On this side of the border we call them crows.

I think the idea here is to play the nuclear card on advancing Indian troops without exacting a similar more devastating reply from the Indian side. You see, they intent on lobbing it on enemy troops advancing on Pakistani soil ( at-least this is what i can infer ). Since, nuclear strike is not being carried out on Indian soil, they hope that an Indian retaliation would be avoided and prompt our military planners to order a retreat. If India is the primary focus, Pakistanis are playing an enormous gamble. We have an NFU ( No First Use policy ) not a NUN policy :lol: ( Never Use Nukes ). Any use of nuclear weapons on Indian soil or troops would be construed as an attack on India and will prompt a swift retaliation along the similar lines. Also, the Indian hawks are not likely to recommend holding back anything.

More than the Indian threat, I believe the Pakistanis are developing Nasr to counter possible aggressive maneuver from the United States or the ANA.

Back
Top Bottom