What's new

Has India Proved Churchill Wrong?

Cannot imagine what will Indians do if India really becomes something like a developed country.
you are still 100 years from proving him wrong.

so while making this statement which country do you represent ? Canada or Pakistan . cuz while one is, the other is not developed. :)

ps canada was never treated the way India was under the British , though both were under them .

Fortunately or unfortunately, YES....

^^ why you said Fortunately or unfortunately, YES....

Sir-Winston-Leonard-Spencer-Churchill-9248186-1-402.jpg

64 years ago he said this about India.

even today we are suffering from corruption and slow development

on other hand India is now one of the most powerful military and economic powers in the world.

Churchill must have not imagined we could make this much progress

so has India proved Churchill wrong?

Only if Sir Vallabhai Patel had become PM, India would have been even stronger now...

Since this statement, the British Empire has collapsed, the colonies in Asia and Africa gained independence. Except for a few small islands that passes off as British Overseas Territory, there is nothing left in the British Empire. Also, Commonwealth realm countries are waiting for the Queen to die so that they can vote to become a Republic (can't see how that wife cheater Charles will be accepted as the monarch). If the Scots get independence in 2014, there would no longer be any Britain. Northern Ireland would soon follow. India is marching ahead well with a strong democracy, emerging free market, global services outsourcing hub and a military power. Indian companies are acquiring big British businesses and millions have been removed out of poverty in the recent decades.

If only Hitler had invaded Britain instead of attacking Russia, nobody would be talking of this Churchill.

Since this statement, the British Empire has collapsed, the colonies in Asia and Africa gained independence. Except for a few small islands that passes off as British Overseas Territory, there is nothing left in the British Empire. Also, Commonwealth realm countries are waiting for the Queen to die so that they can vote to become a Republic (can't see how that wife cheater Charles will be accepted as the monarch). If the Scots get independence in 2014, there would no longer be any Britain. Northern Ireland would soon follow. India is marching ahead well with a strong democracy, emerging free market, global services outsourcing hub and a military power. Indian companies are acquiring big British businesses and millions have been removed out of poverty in the recent decades.

If only Hitler had invaded Britain instead of attacking Russia, nobody would be talking of this Churchill.

?????????????

The fact that we are still alive intact even after 64 years of independence alone proves Mr.Churchil wrong.
Let alone our achievements.

Churchill is a great leader and statesman. He rally England against luffwaff onslaught and prevailed. Though his British empire never lasted one thousand years as he wanted, he was a patriot. India would benefit to have a leader like him.

I believe Churchill is partially right about India. I see a lot of Indians become scientist, engineers, managers and even successful CEOs. However, India as a country is corrupt and backward with an Indian as the leader. I know that it has make a progress in recent years. But I would say that an Indian with a European waitress is doing a better job than any the billion Indians. Churchill didn't anticipated that an European waitress would take over to prove him partially wrong.

Churchill is a great leader and statesman. He rally England against luffwaff onslaught and prevailed. Though his British empire never lasted one thousand years as he wanted, he was a patriot. India would benefit to have a leader like him.

I believe Churchill is partially right about India. I see a lot of Indians become scientist, engineers, managers and even successful CEOs. However, India as a country is corrupt and backward with an Indian as the leader. I know that it has make a progress in recent years. But I would say that an Indian with a European waitress is doing a better job than any the billion Indians. Churchill didn't anticipated that an European waitress would take over to prove him partially wrong.

i would say that he's completely wrong.we have achieved this much in a short time without sacrificing our democracy or diversity.In times to come we'll turn out to be perfect.

No mate, India is doing well under the leadership of an Indian PM and other council of ministers. Not because of that Italian lady. The development happening in India is because of the 65 years of hard work by many Indians, not because just one Italian lady sitting as a political party president.

Do not be a racist by saying that India is developing well only under the leadership of an European, not an Indian.

India would have proved Churchill right should Sonia has become the PM.

No mate, India is doing well under the leadership of an Indian PM and other council of ministers. Not because of that Italian lady. The development happening in India is because of the 65 years of hard work by many Indians, not because just one Italian lady sitting as a political party president.

Do not be a racist by saying that India is developing well only under the leadership of an European, not an Indian.

India would have proved Churchill right should Sonia has become the PM.

Why bother to answer an obvious flame bait. No nation in the world can understand the diversity of Indian nation. The closest thing that India can be compared to is EU, but then again EU doesn't have a strong central govt.

India could have achieved much then we are today, blame it on the shortsightedness of our policy makers, we're lagging far behind our potential.

Back
Top Bottom