What's new

Haroon Rashid: “1000 million tons of gold reservoirs found in Swat”

1000 million tonnes?...lol....if this was true swat would have been seen as a glittering region from space

only having a reserve does not imply that you are rich....the mining of the resource should be cost efficient....

eg:kolar gold fields in India
-gold is there but was closed down ....reason gold price at that time was like 8000 rs for 10 grams of gold but the cost of extracting gold was 10000rs for 10 grams....which ment for every 10 grams we extract we faced a loss of 2000rs.....

We could not even mine Coal from Thar & are thinking of mining Gold ? Seriously .. .

Its not like i dont have faith in out capabilities , I do , however i dont trust politicians , half of them are controled by foreign forces , one word from them & they will make it another Kala Baag dam .

Lets Be Happy when we actually Mine these

We could not even mine Coal from Thar & are thinking of mining Gold ? Seriously .. .

Its not like i dont have faith in out capabilities , I do , however i dont trust politicians , half of them are controled by foreign forces , one word from them & they will make it another Kala Baag dam .

Lets Be Happy when we actually Mine these

I agree, the biggest obstacle for Pakistan is the corrupt elite and will always be. Sadly this is true for most Islamic countries where puppet governments are installed.

1000 million tonnes?...lol....if this was true swat would have been seen as a glittering region from space

only having a reserve does not imply that you are rich....the mining of the resource should be cost efficient....

eg:kolar gold fields in India
-gold is there but was closed down ....reason gold price at that time was like 8000 rs for 10 grams of gold but the cost of extracting gold was 10000rs for 10 grams....which ment for every 10 grams we extract we faced a loss of 2000rs.....

well as per both Official and unofficial sources, we have discovered large Gold in at least 3 locations of Pakistan. Rekodiq, North Waziristan and Swat. Rekodiq was also confirmed by the foreign companies who were willing to invest and dig out Gold and copper from there. Nowadays any project is feasible due to sky rocketing gold prices in International market so I don't think you will ever hear such hurdle for any of these projects.

It is just the political will, poor infrastructure and lack of both domestic and foreign investment in this sector that is dragging these projects behind. I think with time, all these hurdles will be resolved and soon we would be listed among the Gold producing countries of the world and also increase a major share of Gold reserves in our foreign reserves to improve our economy.

Yeah, sure. Congrats. :tup:

Good to know that columnist and political commentator knows more than mineralogists.

:enjoy:

He actually said Gold reserves worth 1 trillion dollars... and not 1000 million tons of Gold

Last edited by a moderator:
This goes to show how people believe anything these days.

what a load of crap, Gold is not available in bar format in it natural farm its ore with 99.99999% sand and less than 0.00001% gold for a given qty of ore.
how come it is posible to have 1000 million tons in one single area. this is just another conspiracy.

When the right time comes, that is, the time when people decide to change their condition, Allah will provide from the sources that they can't even think of. Gold could be just one of those provisions.

This is according to the Quranic verse: “Truly, God (Allah) does not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” (Quran 13:11)

The pre-requisite is to be the change - Be the change you want to see in the world - M. K. Gandhi.

If this is found out to be the truth - watch how the USA will make 14 bases and liberate Swat Valley and move in next to Madison Square Gardens - they will make it the 51st state. :azn:

Good one Kaif!! Is there any more source ??? What about the News channels ?? Are they showing this news in ur News Channel??

what a load of crap, Gold is not available in bar format in it natural farm its ore with 99.99999% sand and less than 0.00001% gold for a given qty of ore.
how come it is posible to have 1000 million tons in one single area. this is just another conspiracy.

From the video it is clear that he never said that 1000 tons of gold are in swat. He actually said that their are 1 trillion dollars of gold are in swat valley. Makes sense.

Good one Kaif!! Is there any more source ??? What about the News channels ?? Are they showing this news in ur News Channel??

Whether we have gold reserves in Swat or not is not a matter of concern. We already have one of the world's largest reserves in Chagai District (Google reko diq) also proven by foreign companies and we haven't utilized anything over there. First let us dig some gold and copper from Rekodiq before we start debating over Swat.

If government officials confirms this news, its good otherwise we already have abundance of Gold and copper reserves in Balochistan that can improve our economy and reduce poverty in the country.

Back
Top Bottom