What's new

Happy Defence Day!

vitalsign

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Happy Defence day Pakistan. 50 years passed but still it's like recently passed incident.

Please remember every saviour, soldier, Shaheed not only of 65 war, remember all of them. Pray from those who gave their lives for our future our land and those who are on our borders protecting us, keeping us an independent state.

It is an emotional and a proud day. We need to work hard to fulfill all those dreams of Iqbal, Quaid, Shuhadas and the young living generation.

Pray for bright and successful future for this God gifted "Pakistan". Insha Allah we will get rid from this Terrorism soon and Insha Allah we will get a good leader who will drive us right direction.

A very special song on this special day. This message giving song was and will remain favourite...

Beautiful written words of Iqbal:

Salute Pakistan Army, Airforce, Navy. We love you :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:.
@Spring Onion @Horus @DESERT FIGHTER @Imran Khan @Leader @Zarvan @Syed.Ali.Haider @Akheilos @Oscar @Abu Zolfiqar @fatman17 @Armstrong @Devil Soul @FaujHistorian @Pomegranate @syedali73 @Jazzbot @HAIDER @engineer saad @TheOccupiedKashmir @Indus Falcon @Super Falcon @Irfan Baloch @Slav Defence @Chak Bamu @Squashh @New World @ghazi52 @Thunder Bolt @HRK @nomi007 @Paksanity @GreenFalcon @M.SAAD @Sheikh Rauf @Pakistanisage @Side-Winder @Muhammad Omar @Umair Nawaz @air marshal @airmarshal @SecularNationalist @Arsalan

Last edited:
Happy Defence day Pakistan. 50 years passed but still it's like recently passed incident.

Please remember every saviour, soldier, Shaheed not only of 65 war, remember all of them. Pray from those who gave their lives for our future our land and those who are on our borders protecting us, keeping us an independent state.

It is an emotional and a proud day. We need to work hard to fulfill all those dreams of Iqbal, Quaid, Shuhadas and the young living generation.

Pray for bright and successful future for this God gifted "Pakistan". Insha Allah we will get rid from this Terrorism soon and Insha Allah we will get a good leader who will drive us right direction.

A very special song on this special day. This message giving song was and will remain favourite...

Beautiful written words of Iqbal:

Salute Pakistan Army, Airforce, Navy. We love you :pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:.
@Spring Onion @Horus @DESERT FIGHTER @Imran Khan @Leader @Zarvan @Syed.Ali.Haider @Akheilos @Oscar @Abu Zolfiqar @fatman17 @Armstrong @Devil Soul @FaujHistorian @Pomegranate @syedali73 @Jazzbot @HAIDER @engineer saad @TheOccupiedKashmir @Indus Falcon @Super Falcon @Irfan Baloch @Slav Defence @Chak Bamu @Squashh @New World @ghazi52 @Thunder Bolt @HRK @nomi007 @Paksanity @GreenFalcon @M.SAAD @Sheikh Rauf @Pakistanisage @Side-Winder @Muhammad Omar @Umair Nawaz @air marshal @airmarshal @SecularNationalist @Arsalan

Any Indiana, do you guys celebrate it as defense day too?

I don't think it's defense day for Pakistan, rather a black day. Thousands of Pakistani lives were lost due to incompetent planners.

1) we try to take Kashmir from India
2) India attacks us
3) we successfully defend

It'd be defense day only if we never initiated the conflict ourselves. I think the generals of people back then called it defense day only for face saving because they failed at the objective of liberating/capturing Kashmir. Though I appreciate the lives that were given by soldiers of our country defending Lahore and Sialkot front.

Last edited:

I don't think it's defense day for Pakistan, rather a black day. Thousands of Pakistani lives were lost due to incompetent planners.

2) India attacks us

It'd be defense day only if we never initiated the conflict ourselves. I think the generals of people back then called it defense day only for face saving because they failed at the objective of liberating/capturing Kashmir.
nobody is forcing you to celebrate it as one......be my guest and do as you please

2) India attacks us

It'd be defense day only if we never initiated the conflict ourselves. I think the generals of people back then called it defense day only for face saving because they failed at the objective of liberating/capturing Kashmir.

Beakli say chup rehna behtar hai..

Nobody is asking you to celebrate..

But agar AP kou Akal hai you read a thing or two about the 65 war... I'd suggest Crossed Swords ..

Last edited:
Happy Defence Day Pakistanio ... !! :smitten::pakistan: We are blessed to have these valiant sons of soil who are ready to lay their lives for us without any hesitation anytime, any where for the motherland. We can't pay what they have done for us.

To all those who are not with us today just so that our tomorrow will be safe, to all those heroes of Nation :pakistan::police:

I'll remember the fallen soldiers who gave life to defend Pakistan despite the planners messing up.
you need to understand that army is not just your average political party or institution, you pinch in the foot, and it will be felt in entire body.....in the same way when you criticize the planners or 'some elements' of Military, it is hurting and damaging more for a foot solider than a Lt.Col & brigadier .......
it is playing more role in demotivating a solider than a brigadier, hence this has to stop......whats done in past, let it be the past, start the day with fresh mindset

Since it's the 50th anniversary of the war I would like to share whatever I have heard from the people I know.

Our village was located pretty close to the Chamb Jaurian sector of Border. The lights of Akhnoor are Visible at night time from our village even though the border has moved a good 5 or 7 miles ahead from what it was before 1965, when the war started the border was only about 5 to 6 miles from our village.
A couple of my relatives were serving in the army during 1965. One of them was closer to home & was based at Kharian & saw action at Chamb Jaurian. The one serving closer to home narrated that they kept receiving heavy fire for over a couple of hours & were literally bogged down until an officer of Brigadier rank drove up to them in a jeep & asked us why weren't we moving forward & when the officer in charge told him that every time we move forward we receive heavy fire & on hearing this the officer got up, took the wireless guy with him & climbed up a rose wood tree with his binoculars & after scanning the are ahead for a few minutes gave co ordinates to the artillery & told them to fire at this positions he had asked them to after the first barrage he shouted 30 ahead & another barrage followed & then again he shouted further 30 & another barrage followed after that he got off the tree & told us move so we did but this time there was Jo fire from the enemy.
According to him & a lot of other people around our area both civil & military, the main point of action was around the village of Boorey Jaal. The place was well dug out & reinforced & put up a lot of resistance compared to other areas around that battlefield. Even now you hear phrases like ' tu Boorey Jaal fatah Kar aya' to acknowledge some one who has done a good days work.
After the war the Muslim population that was living in those border villages that were taken over by Pakistan army were moved in to nearing villages with nearly every village taking a family or two to accommodate. One of the families moved in to our village & has since stayed here.

Speaking to the people who witnessed this war 50 years ago 2 things stood out for me

The Morale

Even though the war was pretty close to their houses no one left their homes for comparative safety. The common folks not only stayed put but also helped the soldiers how ever they could. Ranging from cigarets, blankets, food items to donating blood.
My fathers school located a mile ahead towards the border served as a major logistics point for the troops at the front. The place was an ammunition depo & other supplies point. The Indian air force launched an air attack on the School but luck was on our side as the bombs missed the school building by at least an acre & more landing in slightly deep stream towards the back of the school. Even after the air attack no one from that village moved out of the place.

The Looting

The interesting thing to note here is that this attack took place when the troops on our side had moved pretty forward & village folks from our area were already in the Indian vacated villages to loot whatever was left behind & there was plenty of stuff to loot, now this indicates that Indian Army had some one on our side providing precise intelligence. Meet any one in his sixties & seventies or even fifties & enquire about the war & they would tell you what they brought back with them ranging from machinery, grain, house goods to cattle, mostly cattle & farm goods but also army shoes & equipment. An old chap in our village was pretty famous for hearding his cows & ploughing his fields wearing the uniform & shoes that he had found while looting the abondened Indian army positions. While most of the lots went looking for cows & buffaows the clever ones ( mostly from villages right at the border in those days ) went looking for Guns. Guns were rare in those days unlike now. These lots were professional smugglers with relatives on the other side of the border. The army on our side made good use of them for intelligence purposes & few of them worked as scouts & guides for the regular soldiers by providing the information about which routes to take & which to avoid. I remember my grand father telling me once about an influential gentleman from Bosal ( Nadeem Afzal Chan's grand father to be precise ) sending some one with a note to him askin for him to arrange for any guns that he could find for the man so he sent a guy on horse back to check if the man he knew had some peices in hand was at home & when I asked him why him & he replied because he was an army scout during the war & a known smuggler who gave everything to the army he could get his hands on except what ever few guns that he found ( Mandi Baha ud Din was part of district Gujrat back then ). When I asked my father what does he remember the most about the war his reply was that two events he remembers the most are the Helicopter landing outside our village & a looter bartering a Bull for a pack of cigarets with him.

September-Pakistan-Defence-day-2012-FB-Wallpapers-images-pictures ___.jpg
Archive by category 6th September Pakistan Defence Day.jpg
Defence Day.jpg

Last edited:
.......................................................................................................
Pakistan-National-Independence-Day-Wallpapers.jpg

6-September-the-Defense-Day-of-Pakistan.jpg

Defence-Day-Wallpapers.jpg
Happy-6th-September-Defence-Day-Youme-Difa-e-Pakistan-2012-HD-Pakistan-Youm-e-Difa-Wallpaper.jpg

Happy-DEFENCE-DAY-wallpapers.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom