What's new

Happy 4th of July!

Happy Independence day to Americans, The country has rich history, full of ups and downs, wars , moments of pride , but unfortunately like every great empire from History the country falls to greed, I hope America focus on real issues and stop interfering in other countries politics and matters, I hope someday America become the same country which its founding father versioned for, and what it mean to be. I hope that America do better than past super powers and empire and break the chain of falling into Greed, bullying and expansionism. May the country and rest of world prosper and have peace.

What I do since I'm in charge of the grill and most of the cooking is as follows:

1) Slabs of steak sometimes lamb
2) Hamburgers
3) Turkey sausages
4) Medium-sized shrimp (in tin foil with Old Bay sauce comes out unbelievable!)
5) Potatoe salad (my wife makes and is a classic)
6) All kinds of grilled vegetables
7) Baked potato with sour cream
8) Egg salad
9) Stuffed green peppers
10) Gomig's Flavored rice (always a hit)
11) Goimg's famous tossed salad in a bowl that could feed 100 people loool
12) Then desert is hot apple pie with vanilla ice cream
13) Homemade chocolate cake
14) All sorts of other Arab & Greek sweets I pick up ahead of time

Bar Harbor for me.

You know there is not one imperfection in all those miles and miles of mountain roads running through (and outside!!!) the Acadia National Park. Easily the best roads I have ever driven on. Amazingly smooth as if the whole thing was paved yesterday. But I did notice not one manhole cover either so maybe that explains it.

Last edited:
You know there is not one imperfection in all those miles and miles of mountain roads running through (and outside!!!) the Acadia National Park. Easily the best roads I have ever driven on. Amazingly smooth as if the whole thing was paved yesterday. But I did notice not one manhole cover either so maybe that explains it.

Unreal, that is spectacular. It's pretty common knowledge that this country has some of the most beautiful and spectacular natural landscapes in the world. That was really relaxing.

Reminds me, lol, when I had the Formula way back in the early/mid-90's, I was very active in my craft of bird carving which I specialized in birds of prey only, life-sized realistic decorative wildfowl carving and competed in competitions all over the eastern coast including the world championships in Ocean City, MD. I was invited to a small, local competition somewhere in southern Maine I forget where exactly and this was before GPS and barely cellphones were out loool. So I had written directions, put my red-tailed hawk carving bolted to a plywood base and seated on the passenger seat. I had already sold it and was borrowing it for this competition and was really paranoid of damaging it. The people who bought it had paid a pretty penny for it so on top of it pinched nicely on the seat, I tied it with string and bubble wrap to brace it and protect the artist oil paints on it etc.

I'm driving already for about 3 hours and heading north I think it was I-84 or one of those endless highways and I was somewhere in Vermont with nothing but green valleys on the right and green mountains on the left, no wonder they call Vermont the Green Mountain State. I had left like around 4 am to get there before the show started at 9am and now I'm on this gorgeous section of highway with an occasional car or truck passing in the opposite direction. Suddenly up ahead in the distance, I see this dark, blob shaped thing on the road. I was in the fast lane doing about 80 or so and I'm thinking it's an illusion or a mirage since I had been driving for a while and also pretty tired. The closer I get, the larger the dark blob seemed to get and I started slowing down just a little. Wouldn't you know it, of all the hours driving with no one in sight, a car pulls up to my right and is keeping pace with me as we're approaching this blob in my lane! Couldn't believe it! I stretch my right arm out to hold on to the carving in case I need to swerve or something and I'm trying to see wtf this thing is and at the same time trying to lose this idiot pinching me out of nowhere with everywhere else he could be!! Suddenly I'm down to about 65 and slowly hit the brakes & downshift quickly to get my han back on the carving and to let Mr. moron by so I can get into the traveling lane and out of this huge, dark pile ahead. I figured it was something that fell out of a truck or something. So I barely get into the traveling lane just time to pass the blob which to my horrified shock, turned out the be a friggin freshly slammed black bear!!! I could see the still fresh blood and guts splattered all over the road and on the median and his head and closed eyes with his tongue sticking out holy crap looool! I figured an 18-wheeler must've just hit him minutes before I passed it because it was that fresh. Poor thing probably came out of the dense trees adjacent to the highway and tried to mad-dash it across the HW and dude driving whatever it was didn't have enough time to slow down and avoid it. It must've been a big truck because that front grill must've been quite damaged, but he didn't stick around and probably just figured to get to the next truck stop or highway rest area.

I pass the idiots in the other car and they're giving me the thumbs up and I returned the favor with the middle finger and a smile lmaooooo and off I went to get to the competition on time.

I'll never forget that, it's one of those experiences that will stick with you for the rest of your life. Those roads and scenery in your video reminded me of that. It was gorgeous beauty, and I was suddenly reminded of the horrors of life.

Bar Harbor is amazing for sure. Ever go to Camden, ME? Wow, talk about a beautifully quaint town much like Provincetown but 1000x richer and spectacularly beautiful.

Unreal, that is spectacular. It's pretty common knowledge that this country has some of the most beautiful and spectacular natural landscapes in the world. That was really relaxing.

Reminds me, lol, when I had the Formula way back in the early/mid-90's, I was very active in my craft of bird carving which I specialized in birds of prey only, life-sized realistic decorative wildfowl carving and competed in competitions all over the eastern coast including the world championships in Ocean City, MD. I was invited to a small, local competition somewhere in southern Maine I forget where exactly and this was before GPS and barely cellphones were out loool. So I had written directions, put my red-tailed hawk carving bolted to a plywood base and seated on the passenger seat. I had already sold it and was borrowing it for this competition and was really paranoid of damaging it. The people who bought it had paid a pretty penny for it so on top of it pinched nicely on the seat, I tied it with string and bubble wrap to brace it and protect the artist oil paints on it etc.

I'm driving already for about 3 hours and heading north I think it was I-84 or one of those endless highways and I was somewhere in Vermont with nothing but green valleys on the right and green mountains on the left, no wonder they call Vermont the Green Mountain State. I had left like around 4 am to get there before the show started at 9am and now I'm on this gorgeous section of highway with an occasional car or truck passing in the opposite direction. Suddenly up ahead in the distance, I see this dark, blob shaped thing on the road. I was in the fast lane doing about 80 or so and I'm thinking it's an illusion or a mirage since I had been driving for a while and also pretty tired. The closer I get, the larger the dark blob seemed to get and I started slowing down just a little. Wouldn't you know it, of all the hours driving with no one in sight, a car pulls up to my right and is keeping pace with me as we're approaching this blob in my lane! Couldn't believe it! I stretch my right arm out to hold on to the carving in case I need to swerve or something and I'm trying to see wtf this thing is and at the same time trying to lose this idiot pinching me out of nowhere with everywhere else he could be!! Suddenly I'm down to about 65 and slowly hit the brakes & downshift quickly to get my han back on the carving and to let Mr. moron by so I can get into the traveling lane and out of this huge, dark pile ahead. I figured it was something that fell out of a truck or something. So I barely get into the traveling lane just time to pass the blob which to my horrified shock, turned out the be a friggin freshly slammed black bear!!! I could see the still fresh blood and guts splattered all over the road and on the median and his head and closed eyes with his tongue sticking out holy crap looool! I figured an 18-wheeler must've just hit him minutes before I passed it because it was that fresh. Poor thing probably came out of the dense trees adjacent to the highway and tried to mad-dash it across the HW and dude driving whatever it was didn't have enough time to slow down and avoid it. It must've been a big truck because that front grill must've been quite damaged, but he didn't stick around and probably just figured to get to the next truck stop or highway rest area.

I pass the idiots in the other car and they're giving me the thumbs up and I returned the favor with the middle finger and a smile lmaooooo and off I went to get to the competition on time.

I'll never forget that, it's one of those experiences that will stick with you for the rest of your life. Those roads and scenery in your video reminded me of that. It was gorgeous beauty, and I was suddenly reminded of the horrors of life.

Bar Harbor is amazing for sure. Ever go to Camden, ME? Wow, talk about a beautifully quaint town much like Provincetown but 1000x richer and spectacularly beautiful.

Well consider yourself lucky it was dead in the road. I know somebody who hit a deer not even 2 weeks after buying his brand new '96 Camaro. The insurance didn't total his car either and the damage came to ~$20,000...and they paid for it to be fixed. He had paid ~$23,000 for it new. They had strong frames and the deer hadn't bent his. Demolished his front, smashed his windshield, destroyed his roof, and destroyed the back hatch and one of his quarter panels. Deer went right over the car.

1995-chevrolet-camaro-z28-coupe

For those who don't what the car looks like.
(BTW I think they are ugly as hell)

96-firebird-formula.jpg

Why the less love for the Firebird?

Last edited:
Well consider yourself lucky it was dead in the road. I know somebody who hit a deer not even 2 weeks after buying his brand new '96 Camaro. The insurance didn't total his car either and the damage came to ~$20,000...and they paid for it to be fixed. He had paid ~$23,000 for it new. They had strong frames and the deer hadn't bent his. Demolished his front, smashed his windshield, destroyed his roof, and destroyed the back hatch and one of his quarter panels. Deer went right over car.

And they didn't total it!?!? That's unheard of from insurance companies! Wow.

And they didn't total it!?!? That's unheard of from insurance companies! Wow.

He asked them to total it (like who wouldn't in such a case) and they refused. Apparently the estimate was just under some threshold but the end repair cost was much higher.

After they fixed it they said to him they should have totaled it. He was of course pissed.

He asked them to total it (like who wouldn't in such a case) and they refused. Apparently the estimate was just under some threshold but the end repair cost was much higher.

After they fixed it they said to him they should have totaled it. He was of course pissed.

Unbelievable. It's one of those certainties like death and taxes lmaooo that insurance Cos. would total a car with that much of a repair cost percentage to value.

Back
Top Bottom