What's new

⛵13 Million households in the US (about 10%) own a boat 🛥️ ..let's explore boating in the US

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
72% of American boat owners have an annual household income less than $100,000.
This statistic is a telling indication of the financial realities of boat ownership in America. It suggests that the majority of boat owners are not part of the upper echelons of society, but rather are everyday people who are making boat ownership a part of their lives. This statistic is an important reminder that boat ownership is accessible to a wide range of people, regardless of their income level.

Dana Point Harbor, CA 4th of July​

4th of july Chicago boat party​

Destin, Florida (July 4th) - 4K​

Picking up the new Boat!​

HOW TO: Launch and retrieve a boat by yourself​

Last edited:
Are yachts so cheap in the US? Can a family with an annual income of less than $100,000 afford it?

Are yachts so cheap in the US? Can a family with an annual income of less than $100,000 afford it?

How Much Does A Boat Cost? (Price Chart)​

Most people believe that the average boat price is astronomical, but it doesn’t have to be that way
a holistic market analysis will show you that an average price is approximately $42,000 for a new and $10,000 for a used boat.

OP boat
itsjustaboat.png

This is a Yamaha 195s

STARTING AT
$47,499.00

@Gomig-21 has a nice sized boat.

Last edited:
I'm taken aback at the number of boats in the US. I would never have guessed it was so many.

I checked for Canada, and the number of boats is 2.3 million. I need to get one.

Canadians are among the most active boaters in the world: over 50% or 13 million people go boating each year in some form of recreational craft. Canadians own 2.3 million boats, ranging from canoes to yachts over 20 m - more than twice the number of boats per capita compared with the US. Each year, boating generates over $2.5 billion of direct expenditure.

I'm taken aback at the number of boats in the US. I would never have guessed it was so many.

To have such a high population of boat owners you are going to need a vehicle to haul it around.

Both the US and Canada share similar truck sales percentages.

Top 10 Best-Selling New Vehicles in Canada in 2022​

These Are America’s Best Selling Cars And Trucks Of 2022​

• Ford F-Series
  • Chevrolet Silverado
  • Ram Pickup
  • Toyota RAV4
  • Toyota Camry
  • GMC Sierra
  • Honda CR-V
  • Tesla Model Y
  • Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • Toyota Highlander

In fact Teslas are made to support tow hitches because of the expected boat owners.

Last edited:
To have such a high population of boat owners you are going to need a vehicle to haul it around.

Both the US and Canada share similar truck sales percentages.

I already have a Ford F-150. All I need now is a boat. I’ve always wanted one but never got around to getting one.

Teslas and SUVs are for girls.

I already have a Ford F-150. All I need now is a boat. I’ve always wanted one but never got around to getting one.

Talk to @Gomig-21 he's got like Ford-350 and a boat.

Teslas and SUVs are for girls.

LOL! Hey these electric cars are fast with effortless acceleration and hug the road like glue. I wouldn't write them off that quick.

How Much Does A Boat Cost? (Price Chart)​

OP boat
View attachment 936172
This is a Yamaha 195s

@Gomig-21 has a nice sized boat.

It's a 2010 30ft Chaparral 276 SSX. Seats about 10 comfortably and despite the TREMENDOUS cost on not only purchase price, it also takes about 10-15% annual maintenance fees costs to keep it in tip top functional status plus wintering prepping to keep engine and water sources from freezing along with all the vital fluid changes. Not to mention the constant upgrade so we don't get stranded 50 miles offshore and have to call for a $800 tow. The cost of the automatic safety devices such as the engine fire distinguisher, ten & safety lifejackets for 10 boarders and mandatory fees (taxes and water fees) otherwise it won't pass Coast Guard inspection in case they pull you over etc., which has happened 3 times in the past and we passed thank God. Hence the reference to recreational boasts as money pits. But once you're out there in the sun surrounded by the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and rivers and whales + bass and other fish sightings with super island mooring access, there is NOTHING like it.

@Hamartia Antidote posted one of the better pics in the above post.

Talk to @Gomig-21 he's got like Ford-350 and a boat.

Ford F-450 Dually, bro. :-) 350 was my also my Darling but the 450 Dually is like a tank where you don't feel the tow weight of the few tons of boat at all.

20190607_171255-jpg.656027

found the pic of it

That's it in the billion $ slip lol.

20150824_145542.jpg

And renting a slip like this one will send you to the poor house! But the convenience of not having to launch it every time is priceless. Used to be like $3500 and now post-covid is $7500 lmaooooo thieves (from hell!) for our short and barely 5 months boating season is ridiculous. Like I said, one has to weigh the cost per fun times if affordable.

Last edited:
It's a 2010 30ft Chaparral 276 SSX. Seats about 10 comfortably and despite the TREMENDOUS cost on not only purchase price, it also takes about 10-15% annual maintenance fees costs to keep it in tip top functional status . Not to mention the constant upgrade so we don't get stranded 50 miles offshore and have to call for a $800 tow. The cost of the automatic safety devices such as the engine fire distinguisher, ten & safety lifejackets for 10 boarders and mandatory fees (taxes and water fees) otherwise it won't pass Coast Guard inspection in case they pull you over etc., which have happened 3 times in the past and we passed thank God. Hence the reference to recreational boasts as money pits. But once you're out there in the sun surrounded by the beautiful Atlantic Ocean and rivers and whales + bass and other fish sightings with super island mooring access, there is NOTHING like it.

@Hamartia Antidote posted one of the better pics in the above post.

Ford F-450 Dually, bro. :-) 350 was my also my Darling but the 450 Dually is like a tank where you woudn't feel the twing weight of the few tons of boat at all.

View attachment 938643

And renting a slip iike this one will send you to the poor house! Used to be like $3500 an now is $7500 for our short and barely 5 months. Like I said, one has to weigh the cost per fun times if affordable.

Well we can all join Gomig-21 in a ride in a Chaparral 276 SSX

Living the good life in America

Chaparral Boats (originally Fiberglass Fabricators) was founded in 1965 by William "Buck" Pegg and Reggie Rose in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.

HeadquartersNashville, Georgia,
United States of America

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom