What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

The Russian Lada class was still in sea trials (and the first boat was laid down back in 1997) so 2022 is not too unbelievable. Besides, most Chinese docks are occupied by our own submarines (PLAN was busy building a lot of ships lately) and transferring technology is not something that you can do in a day. Even building a shipyard capable of building submarines in Pakistan takes time.

pretty much expected dates
deal was signed in 2015
first sub in 36-48 months
rest each year meaning 4 subs in 6-7 years i.e by 2022-2023
while Pakistani subs will start building subs after 1 -2 Chinese subs i.e around 2020-21 and 4 will be build each in 12-16 months by 2028

in contrast india signed deal for 6 subs in 2005 and in 12 years not even 1 is delivered yet
Why these weapons things get too much time for delivery? Why that slow work?

Mate it will take take to develope new weapon and all these sub is taylor made according to requirement of Pakistan. Remember the case of Indian Scorpene Submarine's, India order them in 2005 and first sub was commissioned on year 2016
Yeah i was saying the same that this is not TOO much time! :)

I think we have been listening about the deal for quite a few years by now we should have started getting the trials of the first one. Furthermore, why can't they manufacture them simultaneously at KSEW
Since 2015 in serious words.... That is one and a half year. Remember i say "serious words" :)

As for KSEW, lack of resources as well as work space. We are working on addressing that issue (of work space)

Is 2 ports enough to hold 8 submarines along with destroyers, frigates etc

Is 2 ports enough to hold 8 submarines along with destroyers, frigates etc

There will be minimum 11 AIP subs with the 3 Augutas being upgraded by Turkey, if the Augusta 70s are still being utilised then 13 and if the rumours have any truth to them and Pakistan has plans for nuclear sub then maybe even more

Im sure they will find places to put them all

There will be minimum 11 AIP subs with the 3 Augutas being upgraded by Turkey, if the Augusta 70s are still being utilised then 13 and if the rumours have any truth to them and Pakistan has plans for nuclear sub then maybe even more

Im sure they will find places to put them all

Sounds difficult. Looks like more than half it fleets needs to be in the sea while others are refueling or maintenance work is happening at the port.

Great development, as expected.

The best news for Pak brothers is that there will be TOT and technical infrastructure that would come with these subs. Just like JFT.

Unlike French ToT the TOT involved with these subs lays the foundation of your indignous subs later on.

This capability will contribute to production of more subs for your Pak navy and down the line SSNs. Your PNS will need at least 3 SSNs and about 15 AIP subs..by producing locally your costs go down significantly.

In timing...all going rather well.

Build your capabilities, bid your time!

You have s vast sea to patrol in order to maintain peace and stability.

All the best to Pak brothers.

The Russian Lada class was still in sea trials (and the first boat was laid down back in 1997) so 2022 is not too unbelievable. Besides, most Chinese docks are occupied by our own submarines (PLAN was busy building a lot of ships lately) and transferring technology is not something that you can do in a day. Even building a shipyard capable of building submarines in Pakistan takes time.

Pakistan already have a submarine building/asymbly facility from Augusta submarine by French.

Quite disappointing to hear it will take 10 years , should have been 2 Subs per year

• 1 in Pakistan
  • 1 in China
Its not like it is new research , the Submarine has been built and has already well defined construction manuals

In this day and age. Very disappointed on the duration

When Pakistan was making Agosta , we made 1 100% in Pakistan in just 3 years by ourselves , with China I was expecting double the speed with new development machines etc

We made F22P in Pakistan in 1 year

Submarine building and warship building is not same. But I agree time seems to much if we consider dawn's report of simultaneously building 8 submarine it should complete 8-10 year as you are not degining from scratch but a existing with some modification.

Pakistan already have a submarine building/asymbly facility from Augusta submarine by French.
Yes but the Augusta submarines are smaller than the S-20 and they are not fitted with AIP. The facilities may need to be refitted or modified for the production of the new S-20

Yes but the Augusta submarines are smaller than the S-20 and they are not fitted with AIP. The facilities may need to be refitted or modified for the production of the new S-20
agosta same size to s-20(not sure what subs pakistan bought)
and they do have AIP

Back
Top Bottom