What's new

Hangor Class Submarine Project | Updates & Discussions

it is 10 12 years for development manufacturing and delivery of 8 subs. people take twice that much time just to decide what they are going to buy. i do not understand why we are saying it is too long. plus i do have a strong feeling and reasons to beleive that these wont be off the shelf products and we will get our modified boats. as we usually do with Chinese

The subs obviously wont be handed over in bunches of 4

So when the chinese target date is 2022 does that mean we will get the first sub e.g next year and the 4th by 2022/23 or does that mean we will get first sub by 2022 and the following in the subsequent years

four submarines will be constructed in China and will be provided to Pakistan Navy in 2022-23 while the remaining four submarines will be constructed in Pakistan at Karachi Shipyard and will be handed over to Pakistan Navy in 2028.

It will takes 12 years for planed supply of this sub and why not to produce all 8 simultaneously in China and Pakistan ????

Along with the Augustas the Turkish will upgrade we will have a decent sub force considering our small coast of 11-13 subs

It will takes 12 years for planed supply of this sub and why not to produce all 8 simultaneously in China and Pakistan ????

There is probably a good reason, some of Pak subs are also supposed to house Pakistans nuclear second strike

Maybe the china built subs will just be your conventional AIP subs whilst the Pakistan built subs will be built with the purpose of being able to fire nuclear tipped missiles

Maybe the completion of a naval version of Babur or an alternative missile is also due to be completed during this period

I think it is due Pakistan's budget, also with China's production shortage as we are on a full scale to expand the production of our nuclear submarine.

it is 10 12 years for development manufacturing and delivery of 8 subs. people take twice that much time just to decide what they are going to buy. i do not understand why we are saying it is too long. plus i do have a strong feeling and reasons to beleive that these wont be off the shelf products and we will get our modified boats. as we usually do with Chinese

Do Pakistan and China realize that their sensitive information can b hacked? If they do, will they take appropriate measures? Please tell the higher ones, remove everything from computer/internet and scrutinize all your employees....

LOL:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do Pakistan and China realize that their sensitive information can b hacked? If they do, will they take appropriate measures? Please tell the higher ones, remove everything from computer/internet and scrutinize all your employees....

Even air gapped systems can be hacked. Refer to the Recent NSA documents about how they hacked Pakistan VIP communication tech which coincidentally is airgapped itself and then read how through Infected USB's. they hacked Iranian airgapped nuclear power plants and disrupted their systems.

The only thing which can be done is to enforce strict IT policies and educate users as much as possible regarding IT security.

So Sub being constructed in 2028 most probably will be way advance and up to date than those constructed today.

Exactly. Its according to Pakistan's move of going for smart solutions rather than going for numbers. We might see the Pakistani built ones totally different and way advanced than the one constructed in China in terms of onbaord systems.

Even air gapped systems can be hacked. Refer to the Recent NSA documents about how they hacked Pakistan VIP communication tech which coincidentally is airgapped itself and then read how through Infected USB's. they hacked Iranian airgapped nuclear power plants and disrupted their systems.

The only thing which can be done is to enforce strict IT policies and educate users as much as possible regarding IT security.

This is what makes me afraid as hell....I hope recent leaks/hacking/theft of indian sub and NSA operations.....Pakistan and China will leave no stone un turned in safeguarding their precious assets...

why so long? what special submarine they are making? as MOD book the deal already finalised in 2015?

If I'm not wrong, This is the first sub chinese are going to put their in-house AIP system. AIP system manufacturing and the continuous refinement of it + Training Pakistani engineers on how to build subs + the customized systems Pakistan needs is the reason why the deal was signed in 2015 and the 4 subs manufacture in China would be received by 2022-2023.

Dont forget It takes 36-48 months to construct one SUB. Multiply these time frame with the 4 subs construction. Even If construction starts in 2016 taking an assumption two subs would be constructed at the same time. 2022-2023 time frame of 4 subs from China is practical and realistic delivery schedule.

Back
Top Bottom