What's new

Hamdard India head on why Rooh Afza is an Indian drink: ‘It is older than Pakistan and Bangladesh’

Pakistani Rooh Afza is better than the Indian variant: it uses finer, confectionary grade sugar which mixes better than the coarser, cheaper sugar used in the Indian version.

However, neither variant survives even the mild Australian winter. The solids congeal and separate during winter so you have to use up the bottle before winter comes.

Sharbat literally translates to syrup but whatever.

If you want to know what truly tastes like cough syrup, it’s that red color sting that the kids drink these days. It was the worst drink I’ve ever tasted in my life. Rather just drink a coke.
It might be due to the flavoring used in making sting and the cough syrup.
Its like : ager aapnain hamara perfume use nahi kia tu aap hamara sabun zaroor use karain....

Most probably you have crossed your 35th year of life. And the issue with the syrup might be due to sensitivity to the herbs used in making Rooh Afza.
I have, but tastes change.. lost a taste for those things.. beer and sctoch wali umar hai ab.. party !

I have, but tastes change.. lost a taste for those things.. beer and sctoch wali umar hai ab.. party !
Beta buddy hogaey ho tum.. Khansi ka sherbat bhi mila lia karo thora beer main... Dhalti umar ka sathi.... 🍻😁

:D
Fascinating enough for me to order Rooh Afza.

Am contemplating the Shezan Mango as well

:enjoy:

Fascinating enough for me to order Rooh Afza.

Am contemplating the Shezan Mango as well

:enjoy:
yeah, a very sweet rose (and a bazzilion other herbs) syrup.. pro tip.. try with a plain soda to get a fizzy thing or on a scoop of ice cream just like your would a hersheys chocolate syrup etc.. go easy but, it is strong.

Age usi ki berhti hai jo mehsoos kerta hai.
If you dont feel, you dont grow old...
Age and safed baaal/daadi fir pe theek hai.. other people/family etc ki responsibilities and expectations ka hai main lafda :P

yeah, a very sweet rose (and a bazzilion other herbs) syrup.. pro tip.. try with a plain soda to get a fizzy thing or on a scoop of ice cream just like your would a hersheys chocolate syrup etc.. go easy but, it is strong.
I can order Rooh Afza online deliver to me in Singapore.
No easy to find Shezan Mango squash.

Perhaps my feet must do the walking and not my fingers , to Pakistani or Indian grocery stores to see if they got that there.

I can order Rooh Afza online deliver to me in Singapore.
No easy to find Shezan Mango squash.

Perhaps my feet must do the walking and not my fingers , to Pakistani or Indian grocery stores to see if they got that there.

Is that a Chinese thing, never heard of it but if you're ordering in SIngapore you can get all desi stuff (Indian at least) at Mohammad Mustafa and Shamshudin (or something, I visited a few hundred years ago last) store at that south asian street.

Yes pls, they have really nice tandoori and curry food stuff in the area too, try a butter chicken and naan :D

there, found some info:

wow, they've grown quite big since I last visited, nice.

Is that a Chinese thing, never heard of it but if you're ordering in SIngapore you can get all desi stuff (Indian at least) at Mohammad Mustafa and Shamshudin (or something, I visited a few hundred years ago last) store at that south asian street.

Yes pls, they have really nice tandoori and curry food stuff in the area too, try a butter chicken and naan :D
:rofl:

I had Mustafa in my mind when I was writing above.

Gigantic supermarket to put it very mildly

:omghaha:

Age and safed baaal/daadi fir pe theek hai.. other people/family etc ki responsibilities and expectations ka hai main lafda :P
Yes, indeed. Khud kch kerty nahi, sari umeed hamsy. Bs ghada hai na, bitha ker khilaeyga... 😊

ROI has no history pre 47 and "India" has no history as a "nation" but only as a region.
It's like saying Europe is an ancient country..... No one in their right mind will say that.
The issue is that you people cover yourself in the menstrual blood of former empires in the subcontinent and then pretend you are some ancient nations.

lol, none of that is true.
Yeah no. You shouldn’t advertise your ignorance with such conviction. Other fools like @Maula Jatt here will also jump in and believe you have something more substantial than common drivel.

There is absolutely something called “ancient European history”. The history of “ancient European civilisations” their interrelationships, growth, conflicts and culture — and of Europe as a collective starting from Westphalia. Google is your friend.

Ancient Indian history is attributed to India and globally there is recognition of it including whole academic sections/centres dedicated to it in global universities and research institutions. You could cry a little bit more talking about “menstrual blood” (lol wut) and it wouldn’t change a thing.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom