What's new

Half a million march in Warsaw against Poland’s ruling party

Muhammed45

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of

Half a million march in Warsaw against Poland’s ruling party​

Massive rally was called by Donald Tusk, whose Civic Platform party is bidding to unseat the ruling Law and Justice party.
POLAND-POLITICS-DEMONSTRATION

People wave EU and Polish flags during an anti-government demonstration in Warsaw | Wojtek Radwanski/AFP via Getty Images
By Wojciech Kość
June 4, 2023 5:17 pm CET

2 minutes read

An estimated 500,000 people marched through downtown Warsaw Sunday afternoon in a huge rally against the ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party, held on the 34th anniversary of the breakthrough election that effectively ended communist rule in Poland.
The march was called by Donald Tusk, former Polish prime minister and former president of the European Council, who is now leading his Civic Platform (PO) party in a bid to defeat PiS in an election due later this year.
“You’re all here because you have just believed we can win,” Tusk told the crowd, which filled Warsaw’s Castle Square. People in the crowd were holding up white-and-red flags and anti-government placards, including the locally famous ones with eight asterisks, denoting the Polish for “f*** PiS.”
“Here’s my pledge to you today: We are going to win this election and hold PiS accountable,” Tusk said.

The rally, which appeared to be the biggest political demonstration in Poland in decades, took place just a few days after PiS-friendly President Andrzej Duda signed off on controversial legislation setting up a special commission to probe Russian influence on Poland’s security. The commission will have vast powers including slapping whoever is found to be making political decisions under Russia’s sway with a 10-year ban from holding public office.

Poland’s opposition has said that the proposed sanctions of the special commission could be used to remove Tusk from politics under trumped-up allegations.

Following criticism in Poland, as well as from the U.S. and the EU, Duda has since moved to blunt the commission’s powers. That would, however, require another vote in the parliament.

Poland is gearing up for what is set to be a close election this fall. According to POLITICO’s Poll of Polls, Tusk’s Civic Platform is currently trailing PiS. But the ruling party does not have enough support to guarantee it a majority in the next parliament.

The standing of PiS in the polls has weakened in 2023 in the wake of double-digit inflation and an economic slowdown. Both are expected to ease later this year, possibly giving the ruling party some room to outdo the opposition and secure an unprecedented third consecutive term in office.

And DW, BBC and France 24 are all silent, at least until late yesterday. So much for the "freedom of press" in the West now. Tgey have sinked to a new low.

Poland current goverment is extreme as they come

they have been throwing stones at the Russian Bear from a distance and got Ukraine in deep sh$t that is just sick and sad

Poland needs to think it here

trying to be tough guy with NATO isn't working, its clear US and UK and not going to back these light weight NATO members and UK and US are not that stupid

Poland is buying plenty of Apache helicopters and Americans are laughing all the way to the bank

Russia is no joke and best not to mess with them

Well, an other one of American boot licking governments of Europe is screwed.

Obviously, you don't know anything about Poland. The government is known to be anti-EU. They repeatedly target Brussels for interfering in Poland's domestic issues, however, the same ruling party has no problem with receiving BILLIONS of Euros year after year from the EU.

The opposition on the other hand is heavily pro-EU.

You should know that ALL parties in the Polish politics are pro-US by default.

I don't understand your motivation for this topic.

whenever i hear an eastern country name i think of borat

merlin_178898112_90cf9d37-db8c-4399-ac26-9b98d1788683-videoSixteenByNine3000.jpg

Obviously, you don't know anything about Poland. The government is known to be anti-EU. They repeatedly target Brussels for interfering in Poland's domestic issues, however, the same ruling party has no problem with receiving BILLIONS of Euros year after year from the EU.

As you said, they are pro-US by default esp since Soviets collapse. Polish governments are well known fascists of East EU, esp after Jarosław Kaczyński, Poland has turned into an American lapdog of own region. One could claim it is because USA and UK were the first countries to recognize Ploish independence from both NAZIs and communists. Problem is, joining NATO and getting enslaved by American imperialists was no different than living under NAZI boots anyways.

When USA invaded Iraq, Polish government along with UK were the main supporters of Americans in their savagery against Muslim masses. Guess what, despite moving their tails in front of their American lords, there was a day when their economy went down the toilet and Leszek Miller became the first sacrifice of blindly following liberal policies and being an American lap dog. Remember when Erdogan grabbed power from liberals and atheist Turks after American dogs in Turkey shit all over economy of this country. Erdogan just exploited that God sent chance. Point was, following American imposed policies doesn't make you rich over night but only enables American hyenas to completely occupy your country without a hot war. The financial corruption in Poland is not something to be neglected, all in all, this country is brightest example of an street prostitute raped by Americans.

People of Poland, however, are slowly but surely making some moves against the ruling pro-US fascists. I have been following Polish developments since many years and i believe this country is one of the most important hotspots of Europe. It is the border line between eastern and western powers. Even a flying insect in this country could cause issues in other sides of planet.

Because of US and its lapdogs' role in destruction of their economy and demolishing of Polish traditions as a consequence of Americans' raping of their society, there were timely uprisings in this country. I saw some of them supporting Palestinians, that is what i would call an emerging mutual understanding among oppressed people. And i hope Polish people succeed in their revolution against Americans and their lapdogs.

ALL parties in the Polish politics are pro-US by default.
ALL parties in the Polish politics are pro-EU by default as well.

The Conflict is about the relationship with the EU: more federal / less federal.
The elections are comming, so the opposition is mobilising.

Back
Top Bottom